3. M.Williams
4. J.Ross
5. Davis
6. Taco
7. Any Oline
8. Any CB
9. Any DT
10. Any QB

Guess it would have been easier to just post the players I want. I would be open to some of these players other than a QB if we trade back.
Reply/Quote
I'm not thrilled about Barnett at 9.
Not Mike Williams
No Olineman
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Taco
Olinemen
Any dt
Any QB
Foster
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Don't want Foster. No offense to him, I just don't think 4-3 LBs are worth top 10 picks unless they're some kind of generational talent. I also don't want Mike Williams. With LaFell and Boyd, I think we're all set for now. Also no QBs, no DBs and no trading back.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Fournette

He's not a bad prospect. But his style wouldn't work here. He has a VERY similar style to Hill as he was in college, and the style of offense we run doesn't go with his strengths. McCaffrey or Cook would be a better fit.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Is Allen really that good? I'm worried he's going to slide to us and to be honest I really don't see what all the hype is with this guy. Not to mention his medical issues. Seems like a typical Bengal pick.
Reply/Quote
I like to go back to the player rankings over multiple sources as soon as the season ends. Before all the pro day and combine hype so I can gauge them on their actual play performance. Everything seems to be pointing to Barnett or Thomas as our pick. Brown seems skidish about LB's And interior linemen on both sides. They just opted for Williams over Nelson and seem loyal to Iloka. Surely they won't take a CB again and there's really no OT's worth #9. I think the signing of Lafell takes WR off at 9. So that leaves DE, RB and dare I say TE. It has to be one of the 3 unless they trade back or just take BPA regardless of position.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 02:15 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Out of the players most likely to go in the top 20, who do you not want at #9

1. Allen
2. Cook
3. M.Williams
4. J.Ross
5. Davis
6. Taco
7. Any Oline
8. Any CB
9. Any DT
10. Any QB

Guess it would have been easier to just post the players I want. I would be open to some of these players other than a QB if we trade back.
I would be okay with cb if he starts by year 2 and ONLY if its lattimore. To get that kind of talent at corner?? Forget the josh norman, janoris jenkins comparisons. I compare him to revis, bailey, sanders, etc. His potential is top 5 cb of all time. To have that next to dre k? To have one side if the field completely locked down??.
(03-18-2017, 02:43 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Don't want Foster. No offense to him, I just don't think 4-3 LBs are worth top 10 picks unless they're some kind of generational talent. I also don't want Mike Williams. With LaFell and Boyd, I think we're all set for now. Also no QBs, no DBs and no trading back.
I think wr is a possibility. Lafell has 0 guarenteed money in year 2. Completely agree with foster. Hes no luke kuechley or von miller.
Reply/Quote
Foster is a big one I would pass on. The guy is highly overrated, imo. Bad instincts, injury concerns, now a character flag after his combine incident. Plus, 7 sacks, no picks, no forced fumbles, and no fumble recoveries in college. He simply doesn't make enough big plays to warrant a Top 10 selection.

Taco Charlton really hasn't done enough to separate himself from the late 1st, early 2nd guys that could fall to us, imo.

Derek Barnett would be in the same category as Charlton.

Corey Davis is a prospect that looks worse and worse the more I look at him. He did a lot of damage in college, but did it primarily against MAC CB's that gave him 7-10 yard cushions. His learning curve will be very high, and I expect little out of him in his rookie year. He may eventually develop into the best WR in this class, but we need an impact guy at 9.
Reply/Quote
I don't want a guy who sits on the bench or plays teams for two years before he has an impact. No long learning curves, projects, injuries or other nonsense that doesn't rate a top 10 pick.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 03:16 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't want a guy who sits on the bench or plays teams for two years before he has an impact. No long learning curves, projects, injuries or other nonsense that doesn't rate a top 10 pick.

I'd say we can all agree on that. We need an impact player...especially at #9 and especially after the season we just had.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 04:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd say we can all agree on that. We need an impact player...especially at #9 and especially after the season we just had.

Absolutely!

Reply/Quote
Guys I don't want:

1. Any QB (I know, obvious).
2. OJ Howard (Love him as a player, but we have other more pressing needs)
3. Any OT
4. Taco Charlton (He's a real reach here)
5. Reuben Foster (or any other LB)
Reply/Quote
Honestly?

Any player not named Derek Barnett, Taco Charlton, Myles Garrett or Johnathan Allen.

But I've grown to accept Foster, Fournette, Davis, Ross or Thomas may be the pick and, while I think all 5 are wildly overrated, they'd at least have an impact on the team.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty okay with just about anyone as long as it's not a corner or a reach for an o-lineman. They may indeed need a tackle worse than any other position, but this isn't the year to get one at 9. I'd jump out of my skin to take Robinson in 2, but not at 9.

I question what Foster does for them, too. He's not great in coverage, so that's more of the same for this team, really.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 12:32 AM)samhain Wrote: I'm pretty okay with just about anyone as long as it's not a corner or a reach for an o-lineman.  They may indeed need a tackle worse than any other position, but this isn't the year to get one at 9.  I'd jump out of my skin to take Robinson in 2, but not at 9.  

I question what Foster does for them, too.  He's not great in coverage, so that's more of the same for this team, really.
id take a corner only if its lattimore. Top 5 corner of all time potential... Wouldnt be mad or happy about it though.... I would LOVE robinson in the second but doubt we take him... He projects as a really good rt and reports are fisher is loved and expected to be great there.
Reply/Quote
Any RB
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Any RB or WR. Draft is deep in both positions and the defensive talent is way better.
Reply/Quote
I dont want

Taco - UM's DL was studly. He should have been better. And F UM
Dalvin Cook - red flags everywhere. Not in my first round
R Foster - non pass rushing numb nuts with no turnovers
Garrett Bolles - 25 year old rookie can barely maintain 300lbs one year wonder with a gang and drug filled background. Maybe in the 4th or 5th round.
Allen Hooker Ramzyck - Health red flags are not my thing in the first round. Hopefully corey davis can workout before the draft
Reply/Quote