Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players that could slide
Every year there are "consensus" top 5 / 10 picks that will not last to our pick, and every year these players are there.

So who do you have for this year?

For me, I will really go big and say Quentin Nelson.

I say this, because of David DeCastro.

DeCastro was considered the top OG prospect in 2012 and was supposed to be gone in the top 10. Yet, he fell to the Steelers after we passed on him twice.

OG is not a premium position and with the projected run on QBs, Nelson just might slip through the cracks and find himself out of the top 20.

OG is also not as important as OT and that is why I think some of the earlier OLine to go will be OTs which will again assist with Nelson's slide.

So if he were to find himself sitting on the board at 21, do we draft him? I would say yes. Even if it were to cost us a top OC prospect.
Reply/Quote
Last time a guard went top 10 it was warmack and cooper in the same year and they both sucked. Would be crazy to see nelson fall after all the hype.
Reply/Quote
These are good points about Guards falling and i would take Nelson in a heartbeat of course.

Problem with all this is he can play Tackle too, so doubt it.

The Guard i could see falling is Will Hernandez honestly, to the end of the first. He is a great run blocker but
purely a RG and does not have good hands at this point. This makes his fit harder to find. We obviously don't
have a Probowler at RG though, so he does fit us. It is just that Center is a much bigger hole.

I see Price also falling to us at 46 or even further if we take Ragnow at 21.
Reply/Quote