Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players union wants rookies to boycott minicamps
I assume this really hurts the lower drafted players and undrafted free agents?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I feel the same way about this in the NFL as in other areas:

If you are concerned about COVID, get the shot. Otherwise, look for another job. I guess there could be exceptions in some lines of work or if the employer is not doing their part to keep the workplace safe, but I don't think the NFL qualifies.
Reply/Quote
and when they blow out their achilles when working out on their own, will the NFLPA pay them?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 06:18 PM)pally Wrote: and when they blow out their achilles when working out on their own, will the NFLPA pay them?

This is what I talked about earlier, the union is sacrificing a few guys that inevitably will get hurt for the “greater good” which is absolutely crap.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 06:18 PM)pally Wrote: and when they blow out their achilles when working out on their own, will the NFLPA pay them?

That's a great question. NFLPA needs to back off this BS. You want guys on the field with their team not only for the comradre and continuity, but also because of coaching and medical staff close. These guys need to be at the club.

Reply/Quote
If I'm a rookie I'm going. Most of these guys didn't get where they are by being lazy. Everyone has every opportunity to get the vaccine now.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This is really just crapping on the rookies as well, in that they don't want the first thing the organization has to deal with when it comes to them is them not showing up for work, voluntary or not.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 11:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: If I'm a rookie I'm going.  Most of these guys didn't get where they are by being lazy.  Everyone has every opportunity to get the vaccine now.

Kind of.

Rookie minicamps start in about 2-3 weeks.

The amount of time needed for the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine to take full effect is ~ 5 weeks (3 weeks between 1st and 2nd dose, then 2 weeks of waiting after 2nd dose).

Unless a player got vaccinated prior to the draft or just got the J&J single-shot, they won't have the full effect of the vaccine prior to minicamp.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Just BS. Whatever
Reply/Quote