Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fanspeak Seven Round Draft
Used Fanspeak's big board.  This was pretty fun and I liked the results

ROUND 1, PICK 24 - DARRON LEE, OLB, OHIO STATE (6'1", 235 lbs)[Image: 063-osu14ala-kr-33.jpg?__scale=w:700,h:5...f,q:90,r:1]
Ranked inside the top 20 in most big boards, I jumped on Lee at 24.  Pair him at SAM with Burfict and our linebacking corp suddenly becomes a lot quicker.  If we hated watching Shazier show up all over the field against us, we will enjoy watching Lee do the same.  Cut from the same mold, great sideline speed, good coverage skills and an explosive tackler, Lee was utilized equally as an extremely effective blitzing, coverage and run stopping linebacker.  Moved from safety after adding 40 pounds at OSU, which may have maxed out his frame.  Can be overaggressive and sometimes over pursues , but the athleticism matches the football skills and smarts and confidence.  This is a guy who shows up in the big games and big moments.  147 tackles, 27 for loss and 12 sacks in two years as a starter

ROUND 2, PICK 24 (55 OVERALL) - JARRAN REED, DT, ALABAMA (6'3", 313 lbs)
[Image: 0ap3000000451889.jpg]
No way does Reed slip to round 2, but for some reason he did in this draft, so I snagged him!  Reed is the run stopper our line is missing.  How often do you see a DT end up third on the team in tackles?   Reed has great awareness of space, running lanes and not only muddying up the middle of the line, but getting off blocks and making the stop

ROUND 3, PICK 24 (87 OVERALL) - WILL FULLER, WR, NOTRE DAME (6'0", 184 lbs)
[Image: 102815-fuller-will-1200.jpg]
Somehow Fuller slips to round 3 in this mock, and again grabbed him!  Probably the draft's best vertical threat, Fuller has a knack for adjusting to the ball in the air.  Will have to deal with drops and may need to add some weight.  Fuller is simply the best player on the board at this point.

ROUND 4, PICK 24 (119 OVERALL) - STERLING SHEPARD, WR, OKLAHOMA (5'10", 193 lbs)
[Image: Sterling+Shepard+Oklahoma+v+Alabama+dzzJd0tJt0xl.jpg]
Another virtual steal in round 4.  Shepard is small, but is known for being a great competitor.  Great football instincts, smooth and fluid route runner and soft hands.  Again, just the best pick on the board at this point.

ROUND 5, PICK 22 (149 OVERALL) - RYAN KELLY, C, ALABAMA (6'4", 297 lbs)
[Image: 63585228543050442019909541_b.jpg]
Don't see him sliding to round 5, but he did here.  Great communication skills on the OL, fluid pass blocker and great run blocker at the second level.  Kelly is not the point of attack road grader that Bodine is.  Kelly mirrors DLinemen and did not allow a sack in two seasons.  Rated top center in the draft by many, top 5 by all.

ROUND 6, PICK 24 (181 OVERALL) - ERIC MURRAY, CB, MINNESOTA (5'11", 196 lbs)
[Image: ncf_i_murray_gb1_600x400.jpg]
Murray does not receive as much attention as his teammate, but the Minnesota CB is solid in every department.  He is equally versed in zone and man coverages and is strong in blitz and run support.  An aggressively skilled man defender, he was tasked with covering most #1 receivers, so some consider his teammate Boddy-Calhoun to be the better pick due to stats.  However, Murray notched 187 tackles, 24 pass breakups and 2 interceptions in three seasons as a starter.

ROUND 7, PICK 24 (213 OVERALL) - ANTONIO MORRISON, ILB, FLORIDA 
[Image: 0ap2000000280323.jpg]
After recovering from two knee surgeries in the offseason following a gruesome knee injury in last year's bowl game vs East Carolina, Morrison not only surprised many by not missing a game this season, but coming back better than ever as the heart and soul of a Florida defense that also surprised as the 12th ranked unit in the country.  200 tackles in two seasons, but Morrison will need to improve coverage skills and prove he is durable enough to excel at the NFL level.  Not sure if that's why he dropped in this simulation, but if he's there in round 7, you'd better believe I'd grab him!

So to summarize, hard to imagine all of these guys slipping, but this simulation definitely highlighted the virtues of sticking to the board and not drafting primarily for need. 
Reply/Quote
With a draft this good there is only one thing i could do.

:golf clap:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Love the draft. That's a pretty generous draft board though.

I'm seeing a lot of guys with Reed in the first round, Fuller in the 2nd round and Kelly in the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 10:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Love the draft.  That's a pretty generous draft board though.

I'm seeing a lot of guys with Reed in the first round, Fuller in the 2nd round and Kelly in the 2nd round.

Agreed, I was shocked to see some of those guys fall
Reply/Quote
Nice mock, would be really happy with that haul.

Question, how does the Fanspeak draft work? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 10:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Love the draft.  That's a pretty generous draft board though.

This. 

This is why I don't like fanspeak. It's cool to play around with, but it's super unrealistic. Last year Mariota was available at our pick a few times. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 01:11 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: This. 

This is why I don't like fanspeak. It's cool to play around with, but it's super unrealistic. Last year Mariota was available at our pick a few times. 

Yep, agreed, but it was still fun
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 11:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nice mock, would be really happy with that haul.

Question, how does the Fanspeak draft work? 

I just went to fanspeak.com, selected the on the clock option, selected the Bengals for my team, selected Fanspeak's big board (drafttek, CBS, and Matt Millers draft boards are all also available to use for auto selections)
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 01:11 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: This. 

Because it runs through a probability outcome. There was always a chance Mariota could fall. 
There's always a chance XYZ falls. It actually happens every year. 
Reply/Quote
Pure wish mock, not realistic. Ill take every player though.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote