Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing for the Bengals a literal dream come true for Hawk
His family opened up to me about what it means to play for the Bengals, and to wear the stripes. I've done a few "homecoming" stories in my career, but this one is definitely different. I mean, this dude LOVES the Bengals, always has. He always wanted to play here. It's pretty cool, I think.

Here's the link and as always, thanks for reading and sharing y'all!
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
glad to have him especially if he wants to be here. Its nice to guys like that on the team.

Ohio produces some good football talent.
Reply/Quote
Glad he's here. He will make some significant plays before years end.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great article. Thanks!
Reply/Quote
Quote:So much for the Bengals' uniforms long being considered the ugliest in the league.

I dont know who in the hell you think you are Jim.  Aside from being an absolutely asinine remark, those are fighting words around these parts.  You could walk a live gd bengal tiger out on the field and all the ref would ask is if its reporting as eligible.  Best uni's in all of professional sports.

great article tho.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 04:41 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I dont know who in the hell you think you are Jim.  Aside from being an absolutely asinine remark, those are fighting words around these parts.  You could walk a live gd bengal tiger out on the field and all the ref would ask is if its reporting as eligible.  Best uni's in all of professional sports.

great article tho.

Heh. I'm going off this thing that got a lot of attention that said they were about the "ugliest" in the league - Hawk heard the same thing, which is why we brought it up. 

Thanks for reading! 
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 04:45 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Heh. I'm going off this thing that got a lot of attention that said they were about the "ugliest" in the league - Hawk heard the same thing, which is why we brought it up. 

Thanks for reading! 

I'll let it slide given your the best beat writer I can remember around these parts.  But that is your last warning.

Figured that was what you're referencing.  I can't stand that dude.  More obsessed with aesthetics than the game itself.  Go a fashion show and stfu Pauline.

also:

[Image: JXn54Iz.jpg]

Guess he's going for that TURD look...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 04:41 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I dont know who in the hell you think you are Jim.  Aside from being an absolutely asinine remark, those are fighting words around these parts.  You could walk a live gd bengal tiger out on the field and all the ref would ask is if its reporting as eligible.  Best uni's in all of professional sports.

great article tho.

still have yet to see a green eagle or blue lion.
Reply/Quote
He gets a TD from either Fumble recovery or INT, I will jump out of my ceiling.
Reply/Quote
AJ Hawk was a great signing.  He came cheap, and will always  be in the right place on the field (unlike every LB not named Vontaze).

Now...  Onto this uniform thing.  The Browns have the worst uniforms ever imagined.  I wouldn't be shocked if they revert back to the old ones after this season.  They literally hurt my eyes, and I've not even seen them in the orange get ups yet.  Our orange jerseys suck too.  Seattle, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Denver, and Cleveland all have uniforms that look like an 8 yr old boy designed them.  I have to agree with Vas...  The Bengals have the best uniform in sports.  The helmet alone gets them that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 06:51 PM)jason Wrote: Our orange jerseys suck

No
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 06:55 PM)YES Wrote: No

i like where you're going with this profile yes.  limited, yes, unimaginative, no.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 05:02 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'll let it slide given your the best beat writer I can remember around these parts.  But that is your last warning.

Figured that was what you're referencing.  I can't stand that dude.  More obsessed with aesthetics than the game itself.  Go a fashion show and stfu Pauline.

also:

[Image: JXn54Iz.jpg]

Guess he's going for that TURD look...

Appreciate the compliment! 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 06:51 PM)jason Wrote: Our orange jerseys suck too.

I think our white/white is the worst... My favorite jersey combo we have is orange top / black pants with orange socks. I can't remember the last time they had that combo tho.

[Image: orange_black_1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 08:25 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: My favorite jersey combo we have is orange top / black pants with orange socks. I can't remember the last time they had that combo tho.

[Image: orange_black_1.jpg]
Would it be better with black socks?

Yes
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 09:35 PM)YES Wrote: Yes

Yes
Reply/Quote
Our orange is awesome.

Tampa Bay's orange is classic.

Cleveland's orange is shit.

AJ Hawk is awesome.

I've had a bit too much to drink I think.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 05:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: still have yet to see a green eagle or blue lion.

The most appropriate unis EVER:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV0vy28pUXOjNjKZdMgQx...R9WaCefhxF]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 03:31 PM)jowczarski Wrote: His family opened up to me about what it means to play for the Bengals, and to wear the stripes. I've done a few "homecoming" stories in my career, but this one is definitely different. I mean, this dude LOVES the Bengals, always has. He always wanted to play here. It's pretty cool, I think.

Here's the link and as always, thanks for reading and sharing y'all!

LOVED this article, Jim.  I will share it all over the place.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 10:18 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: The most appropriate unis EVER:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV0vy28pUXOjNjKZdMgQx...R9WaCefhxF]

They are still better than Cleveland's new uniforms.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote