Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Playoff Football: Game Day Rituals, Superstitions and FOOD!
I would be curious to know what each of you do on the day of a big game like tomorrow. What will your day be like prior to kickoff?

Will you wake up fairly early, run errands, carry out any pre-game rituals? What about food? Do you usually plan a menu for what you plan to consume before and during the game?

What about superstitions? Are there things that you are careful to do(or not do) prior to an important football game?

In general, what will your day be like from the time you wake up in the morning until kickoff time in Nashville? What do you have planned?

Btw, I will be watching the game from home tomorrow. I'm planning on making homemade chili for the game. It will be just me and my kitty cats tomorrow. It goes without saying my cats are big Bengals' fans, although they seem more interested in climbing curtains than watching football.

Back on that frigid January day of the Bengals-Chargers "Freezer Bowl" game, I woke up very early that morning(couldn't sleep much the night before). I was living in Richmond, KY at the time and was a graduate student at EKU. It was Arctic Tundra-like outside, so I was not about to leave the house. Just stayed in all morning and listened to the Rolling Stones' "Tattoo You" LP several times up until the Pre-Game Show started at noon. That was one helluva day I'll never forget.

What about tomorrow? What are your plans for the day?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 08:54 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I would be curious to know what each of you do on the day of a big game like tomorrow.   What will your day be like prior to kickoff?

Will you wake up fairly early, run errands, carry out any pre-game rituals? What about food?  Do you usually plan a menu for what you plan to consume before and during the game?  

What about superstitions?  Are there things that you are careful to do(or not do) prior to  an important football game?

In general, what will your day be like from the time you wake up in the morning until kickoff time in Nashville? What do you have planned?

Btw,   I will be watching the game from home tomorrow.  I'm planning on making homemade chili for the game. It will be just me and my kitty cats tomorrow.  It goes without saying my cats are big Bengals' fans, although they seem more interested in climbing curtains than watching football.

Back on that frigid January day of the Bengals-Chargers "Freezer Bowl" game, I woke up very early that morning(couldn't sleep much the night before).  I was living in Richmond, KY at the time and was a graduate student at EKU. It was Arctic Tundra-like outside, so I was not about to leave the house.  Just stayed in all morning and listened to the Rolling Stones' "Tattoo You"  LP several times up until the Pre-Game Show started at noon.  That was one helluva day I'll never forget.

What about tomorrow?   What are your plans for the day?

Used to have superstitions, like I'd never wear my Palmer jersey on game day back in '03, '04, and '05 (but always had it with me), but not anymore........ now I just trust in the team to do their thing!

Tomorrow, we're all heading down to a bar in Covington, which is the main city directly across from Cincinnati, for the UK game, and sticking around to watch the my friend's band play until the Bengals game. Not going to drink heavy, if at all, before the Bengals play because I want all my energy and I want my mind in perfect shape!

My best friends are all watching the game over a Zoom call because they're all married with kids and lame, but I'd rather be out with the people going CRAZY! 

I'm going to have my N95 mask on when I'm around groups of people and not just sitting at our table sipping crippled cocktails (and maybe even then). 
Reply/Quote
Usually, it's clean the mancave on Saturday to prepare for gameday. Run to store and get food for gameday. Wake up, make sure I put on the right underwear and socks. I wash my jeans and don't wash the Burrow jersey. When we lose I wash it which was about every 3 weeks. However, after winning and us being in the playoffs, I washed it to remove any bad playoff mojo. I don't think we've ever lost after a washing but was afraid to wash after a victory. Only was trying to wash the loss off of it.

Usually I have several people over here for the game but in the middle of the week, I cancelled and uninvited people. Gonna watch this game alone. This week I guess I'm resetting my superstitions. Only because I don't want anything that I may have done in the past before losses to arise. I guess I'm resetting and putting it in Burrow's hands. I'm going to wear my favorite combination of clothes tomorrow tho, don't think I would be comfortable without it during gametime.

If we start losing? I will strip that shit and go naked. I mean, I am gonna be alone. LOL

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Guess Ive got to do the same as last week with some Skyline dip, pizza, my Dads hat, friends and a herbal mixture of

Blueberry Northern Lights, Chem Dog, Gorilla Glue, and Peanut Butter Breath and will just have people over again instead of going to bar just to keep it the same.

A bunch of new flavors have arrived that I am wanting to roast, but not changing this weekend.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I have to work!
Will be getting off a little after 1 and game starts at 1:30 local time. Everyone at work knows I am running for the door tomorrow.
I am not superstitious but they do seem to have more success when I don’t wear anything Bengals during the game (which might make you wonder why I spend years and too much $ buying all of these hats, shirts, hoodies, jackets, gloves etc)
Reply/Quote