Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoff Money for Bengals
Each player has already made $162,000 for their playoff wins which does not include any contract playoff incentive money. Winner of Super Bowl gets an additional $150,000 and loser get $75,000.

This is huge for some of the guys like Apple who signed lesssr deals or those on rookie or smaller contracts.

I love it for them all, guys like Burrow take a pay cut per game. it are able to get money to those lesser paid but work just as hard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Yes, this is great for those guys on lesser deals. Clay Johnson especially
Reply/Quote
It’s not really a pay cut if it’s money you can’t really count on in the first place.
Reply/Quote
They deserve it that extra cabbage as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 08:38 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Yes, this is great for those guys on lesser deals.  Clay Johnson especially

LOL

Clay Johnston is why I clicked on this thread.

1 defensive post-season snap
1 game changing tackle

You don't have to be the best team on the planet . . . just the best team in the stadium.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 09:11 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: It’s not really a pay cut if it’s money you can’t really count on in the first place.

Maybe I did not say it properly
True have to get into playoffs for anyone to make additional money
But once a team makes playoffs I player making 1 million a game in the regular season now makes a lot less each playoff win while the guys making less make the same or more per playoff win as they advance because each win creates a bigger next game pay off but never reaches the guys who make 6 million or more a year per game stipend

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Kerr and Square are cleaning up.
Reply/Quote
This is added benefit for any free agents considering Bengals in future. I think players and agents can see the future potential for this team. No guarantee anywhere but all they need to do is look at the roster and the signed leaders under contract to see potential playoff team for years to come.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 12:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is added benefit for any free agents considering Bengals in future. I think players and agents can see the future potential for this team. No guarantee anywhere but all they need to do is look at the roster and the signed leaders under contract to see potential playoff team for years to come.

I certainly hope the success and chance for future success will help draw players here. I'm not sure if the chance for an extra 300k will sway too many big names though lol
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 07:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Each player has already made $162,000 for their playoff wins which does not include any contract playoff incentive money. Winner of Super Bowl gets an additional $150,000 and loser get $75,000.

This is huge for some of the guys like Apple who signed lesssr deals or those on rookie or smaller contracts.

I love it for them all, guys like Burrow take a pay cut per game. it are able to get money to those lesser paid but work just as hard.

This is a great point.  Lots of key guys are getting really nice additions relative to their contracts that are key contributors.  

I mean, Evan is a 5th round pick!  Spain is here on a bargain contract, ditto Prince.  Guys like Perine and Evans.  And now one of my favorite bargain addition, Trent Taylor!

Great post, Luvnit!  Let's go get them another $75,000!!!

And does anyone think ANY of them will ever pay for another drink, or meal in town, if they win the Super Bowl?  
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 01:11 PM)TheFan Wrote: I certainly hope the success and chance for future success will help draw players here. I'm not sure if the chance for an extra 300k will sway too many big names though lol

I guess my point is the guys who make 2 million or less like Apple are thrilled they came here now, more of those type of guys may give us a shot first.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 01:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is a great point.  Lots of key guys are getting really nice additions relative to their contracts that are key contributors.  

I mean, Evan is a 5th round pick!  Spain is here on a bargain contract, ditto Prince.  Guys like Perine and Evans.  And now one of my favorite bargain addition, Trent Taylor!

And does anyone think ANY of them will ever pay for another drink, or meal in town, if they win the Super Bowl?  

^^^^

Thanks for sayin it better than I did.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 01:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is a great point.  Lots of key guys are getting really nice additions relative to their contracts that are key contributors.  

Let's get the 150,000. I want a win!!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 02:04 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Let's get the 150,000. I want a win!!!!

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 12:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is added benefit for any free agents considering Bengals in future. 

Speaking of free agents.  Bengal starters Jesse Bates, BJ Hill, and Quinton Spain earned a COMBINED $3.37 million this year.

If we win the Super Bowl it will be close to a 33% bonus for all three of them.  Since it will be hard to replace those three with equal talent for $15 million a year I hope they give us some "hometown discount" because of the potential to earn more in the postseason. 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 02:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Speaking of free agents.  Bengal starters Jesse Bates, BJ Hill, and Quinton Spain earned a COMBINED $3.37 million this year.

If we win the Super Bowl it will be close to a 33% bonus for all three of them.  Since it will be hard to replace those three with equal talent for $15 million a year I hope they give us some "hometown discount" because of the potential to earn more in the postseason. 

(02-05-2022, 01:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess my point is the guys who make 2 million or less like Apple are thrilled they came here now, more of those type of guys may give us a shot first.

Forgot all about Apple at only $1.2 million.

We had a lot of great value contracts on our team this year.  All that cap space will not go as far as some people think when we see how much we have to pay just to replace/re-sign the players we are losing.
Reply/Quote