Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoff Stats and Thoughts Regarding Bengals/Rams
All of the following stats are from playoffs, not regular season.

1. Our road to the SB was tougher.

Chiefs > Bucs (this year, anyway)
Titans > 49ers (especially on the road)
Raiders > fading Cards

2. Stafford has been en fuego in the playoffs (115.6 rating).

3. Among the 6 teams with multiple playoff games, the Rams rank 1st against the pass (67.0 passer rating) and the Bengals 2nd (73.5).

4. We've struggled to stop the run (5.9 per carry allowed), but the Rams have Akers (2.8 ypc) and Michel (3.3 ypc). They do try though, with their duo posting 78 carries in 3 games.

5. Kupp and Beckham is pretty much their entire offense. They account for 68.7% of Stafford's yards and 5 of his 6 TDs. For comparison, Chase and Higgins account for 58.0% of Burrow's yards and only 1 of his 4 TDs. So it's obvious who we need to slow down.

6. Joe Mixon is the best RB on either team (3.7 ypc, 98.7 total yards/game), but the Rams have been stout against the run, holding opponents to 3.1 ypc. No one has tried to run on them much yet.

7. We need the refs to start calling games evenly. Over the last 2 weeks, we were penalized 10 times for 76 yards. Opponents? Only 4 times for 26 yards.

8. Uzomah was having a breakout in the playoffs (13-135-1 in 2 games). Getting him back would obviously be huge.

9. The Rams really aren't getting to the QB as much as you'd think. Only 5 sacks on 118 passes.

I'll leave it at 9 for Joey B. Cool
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I usually look at some of the similar opponents

Titans beat the Rams in LA this year
Rams beat the Ravens 20-19 in Baltimore
Rams beat the Vikings by 7
Rams lost to the 49ers twice

If anything, it tells me that there isn't that much difference between the teams based on results.
Reply/Quote