Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoff game day and time
I have playoff tickets, but was wondering if anyone has any educated guesses on which day and time the NFL is likely to give them?

Sat 4:00 and 8:00
Sun 3 games
MNF

East coast games likely will be early times but that is 4 games. I suppose having a west coast opponent could add to their decision making for ratings.

KC
Nati
Buffalo

Rams
Bucs
Cowboys
Reply/Quote
Hard to tell. It used to be NE was a lock for that Saturday night slot, and so I was so excited when they gave it to us in 2015. Now, night playoffs make me think of the Steelers and Jets, ugh.

I can live with any time slot but Monday night. I don't want to have to fight workday traffic and then deal with Tuesday morning. I would prefer Saturday over Sunday, and I would love the 4:00 spot on Saturday. Let us kick off the festivities. But, bottom line, no Monday night, please.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Give me Saturday or give me death!
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 06:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Give me Saturday or give me death!

[Image: gettyimages-114724928-3ff4b8131add103df5...00-c50.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Let me get the MNF slot. That way we have more time to recover from this current and progressing COVID outbreak.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 06:11 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Let me get the MNF slot. That way we have more time to recover from this current and progressing COVID outbreak.

Why not just move it to the next Thursday? 
I'm beginning to wonder if the SB and maybe even playoffs get postponed till Omicron runs it's course if it ever does before spring..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Alot of people are talking about the Bengals getting the Nickolodean broadcast which means it would be one of the weekend games. I lean towards the Sunday 1PM slot. Our opponent right now is the Colts. But if they lose or the whole playoff picture jumbles all bets are off

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 06:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm beginning to wonder if the SB and maybe even playoffs get postponed till Omicron runs it's course if it ever does before spring..  Mellow

I pretty much guarantee that will not postpone.

And the way things look right now I pretty much guarantee that at least one or two playoff games could be determined by Covid.  All it takes is one starting QB to miss a game, or a few other key starters.
Reply/Quote
I strongly considered getting tickets and driving up from Memphis but my little brother couldn't go. I have a buckeyes friend in cbus but he's not on the bandwagon enough to pay that much for tickets.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 06:11 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Let me get the MNF slot. That way we have more time to recover from this current and progressing COVID outbreak.

A Saturday game with so many trying to get off the covid list could be devastating. So, I'm sure the NFL would give us a Saturday game.

Reply/Quote
I know exactly what time the Bengals will play

"IT'S HAPPY HU-DEY TIME! IT'S HAPPY HU-DEY TIME!"

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 05:50 PM)yang Wrote: I have playoff tickets, but was wondering if anyone has any educated guesses on which day and time the NFL is likely to give them?

Sat 4:00 and 8:00
Sun 3 games
MNF

East coast games likely will be early times but that is 4 games.  I suppose having a west coast opponent could add to their decision making for ratings.  

KC
Nati
Buffalo

Rams
Bucs
Cowboys

It really depends on the opponent. Bigger market/more popular teams are going to get more of the later games.

KC would almost assuredly get a late game, as would Cowboys and Rams.
Bucs would probably get either Saturday early game or Sunday mid-game because of being defending SB champs.

Bengals would probably get the early Sunday game if they play the Colts or Bills, mid-day Sunday or early Saturday game if Chargers, Raiders, or Patriots.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 07:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It really depends on the opponent. Bigger market/more popular teams are going to get more of the later games.

If the Bills or Colts, I think it's a Saturday or Sunday early game.
I think if Raiders or Chargers, it would be Sunday late afternoon.
If it's Patriots or Steelers, almost guaranteed night game.

I'd say Ocho is correct.

Except maybe Herbert v Burrow is rated higher and might get a night game.
Reply/Quote
I was thinking that Saturday would be best so we could go to the game and then celebrate the W downtown (it's also supposed to be slightly warmer) but then I remembered Covid's going nuts around here so it probably wouldn't be too safe.

I am vaccicripled and have my booster but babes always see me out and just kiss me without my permission (even sometimes when I don't know them) and I figure it will be worse after our W.

I could wear a mask (I drink through a straw, so I could just put the straw up under the bottom and keep it on), bring hand sanitizer, and just try and stay away from everyone, but still might be too dangerous.

(I just tried the straw under the mask and it works! Hilarious )
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 07:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It really depends on the opponent. Bigger market/more popular teams are going to get more of the later games.

KC would almost assuredly get a late game, as would Cowboys and Rams.
Bucs would probably get either Saturday early game or Sunday mid-game because of being defending SB champs.

Bengals would probably get the early Sunday game if they play the Colts or Bills, mid-day Sunday or early Saturday game if Chargers, Raiders, or Patriots.

Pretty much my thinking. I think Cowboys are probably a leader for the MNF game. KC at least the afternoon.  Bengals being  smaller market and East coast seems likely to get early game either day.  If we’re to get Raiders it could change it but that’s unlikely.   Bengals V Pats could get eventing game, but probably not MNF
Reply/Quote
Silently hoping for MNF. I'd love to see it on the ManningCast. You know Peyton and Eli would be stoked to talk some Joey.
Reply/Quote
KC playing this Saturday has me believing they’ll be playing on Saturday as well for the playoffs. Just a hunch. Who knows the rest of the way.
Reply/Quote
MNF would be rough for my ability to attend. I will find a way.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 12:15 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: MNF would be rough for my ability to attend. I will find a way.

Agreed. Too late of a notice for me to just take Tuesday off work, and I already bought my tickets for the wildcard round. I'm just going to be working without much sleep Tuesday if we play Monday night lol.
Reply/Quote
As long as NE beats Miami, and Colts beat the Jags, then our playoff fate is pretty easy to map out.

Win vs Clev, then we play NE as the 3 seed

Lose vs Clev, then we play Colts as the 4

If we Lose and the Raiders Win, then it is very very likely we will host Oakland. The chances of getting SD or Balt/Pitts/KC are very small (Under 5% each team).

Certainly a lot can happen, but we really have 3 likely opponents. Home vs NE, Colts and Raiders. If I had to guess, here is how those home lines would look.

Vs NE. Bengals +2.5

Vs Colts. Pick Em, or Bengals -1

Raiders . Bengals -3.5

Going to be exciting.
Reply/Quote