Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Playoff win extra detail for mike brown
So correct me if I am wrong, but not only is this the Bengals first playoff win since 91 isn’t it Mike Browns first playoff win as owner? I was only 15 in 91 but as I remember mike did not assume ownership of the team until Paul died. That detail was lost on me until now.
Reply/Quote
Yes, it's Mike's first playoff win. I'm very happy for the man. Whatever his lumps, he cares a lot about this team and I know he wanted this as much as all of us wanted it. Folks have fairly questioned his methods in the past, but questions about his desire to win were always unfounded and unfair. Zac had it right to send a game ball his way. It's been a long time coming.

Whatever you want to say about Mike Brown, at least we know our owner is a man of principle and moral character. I can take some measure of pride in that.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:20 AM)kronadon Wrote: So correct me if I am wrong, but not only is this the Bengals first playoff win since 91 isn’t it Mike Browns first playoff win as owner? I was only 15 in 91 but as I remember mike did not assume ownership of the team until Paul died. That detail was lost on me until now.

Paul Brown died August 5th 1991 yes sir..  Mike has taken more crap than any 84 year old ever should over a game, but he's turning out alright in my book.  I can imagine it's a bit of a bitter sweet moment for him in the respect that it happened the same number of years as his dad died, but that would have been true last year, the year before and the year before and the year before and the year before and the year before and the year before and the year before.......
What a lot of football fans may never realize has been Mike Brown's utterly understated impact he has had on the fortunes of everyone in the game. He is one of the very few select people responsible for them all getting so filthy rich off the NFL.. He is a Yale University trained lawyer after all.. Paul made sure of that much..  Most other owners can only dream of having such an impact.. Snyder stands in the shadow of Mike Brown's turds in that respect..So does the brown's owner whatisface flying J boy.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:30 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Yes, it's Mike's first playoff win. I'm very happy for the man. Whatever his lumps, he cares a lot about this team  

So why doesn't he build the team an indoor practice field and give them all the bells and whistles like others teams have?  Hilarious
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
For all his faults over the years, he kept the team in Cincinnati, gave us a team to follow and love, and we finally got him a playoff win!

Thank you and we're going to bring you a Super Bowl win!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:20 AM)kronadon Wrote: So correct me if I am wrong, but not only is this the Bengals first playoff win since 91 isn’t it Mike Browns first playoff win as owner? I was only 15 in 91 but as I remember mike did not assume ownership of the team until Paul died. That detail was lost on me until now.

(01-17-2022, 06:42 AM)Adamantium Wrote: So why doesn't he build the team an indoor practice field and give them all the bells and whistles like others teams have?  Hilarious

I've always kind of wondered if Paul Brown thought practices in the elements you play the game gave you an advantage. Like the freezer bowl situation and Mike just won't let that go. Indoor facilities aren't that expensive really and we do need one.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:42 AM)Adamantium Wrote: So why doesn't he build the team an indoor practice field and give them all the bells and whistles like others teams have?  Hilarious

The first have of that question is still legit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would be embarrassed if something i put my whole heart into and spent my waking days being a part of and all I have to show for it was one playoff win in 31 years. Not only that, during half of the 31 years the thing I take pride in is a laughing stock. Mike Brown only gets credit in my eyes for keeping the team in Cincinnati. There is no excuse for the playoff drought. This win was for us. Screw Mike Brown

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
First and foremost, I hope they win the Super Bowl. Secondly, I hope the taste of postseason success along with the recent culture changes give him the bug and drive him to put his foot on the gas to get the team over the hump if they don't win the ultimate prize.
Reply/Quote