Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoffs?
Just curious if there are any fans on here who still think we're going to the playoffs. I'm firmly in the "not a bloody chance" camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Still wouldn't be surprised, this is exactly how this team rolls. I'm now officially hoping we lose out and get to draft Garrett to add some pass rush tho and maybe get a coach or 5 canned
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I seriously doubt it. Unless a coaching change is made between now and our next game it doesn't seem likely we even sniff the postseason
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:07 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Just curious if there are any fans on here who still think we're going to the playoffs. I'm firmly in the "not a bloody chance" camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweep the rest of the AFC North and it's possible.
Reply/Quote
This team has too many issues to make the playoffs. Pittsburgh wins the division and we sit out this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Kirk Cousins just threw for nearly 500 yards.

We can't make the post season with this defense. It would defy all logic and reason.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:12 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Kirk Cousins just threw for nearly 500 yards.

We can't make the post season with this defense.  It would defy all logic and reason.

We did it in 2005... Somehow
Reply/Quote
This team will have to win out to convince me that they have a chance to not only make it but have a shot at winning it all. So many issues to fix with 8 games to go. It's possible I guess but I'd hate to see them go again and have an early exit but that's the best case scenario with how they've played so far...

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:14 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: We did it in 2005... Somehow

with a really good offense. 

With this porous offensive line, we have no shot
Reply/Quote
Guarantee Marvin is thrilled with that tie.
Reply/Quote
The New York Eli mannings are gonna throw for a country mile
Reply/Quote
If they don't make the playoffs they need to give Marvin a few more years to win in the playoffs he's only been here for 14 years come on guys it all part of his 20 year plan! And I hate when people say he's done nothing 5 straight years to the playoffs thats huge we get playoff participation ribbons. And his team is so disciplined never commit stupid fouls that cost them games and when they do he gets in their face and takes them out of the game instead of standing there doing nothing. I also hate when fans attack our pass russ Michael Johnson gets a lot of pressures so what if the qb completes the pass sacks are overrated. ( sarcasm alert !)
Reply/Quote
I'm in the possible but not likely camp, but only because we play in a crap division, not because of any merit of the team.
Reply/Quote
Not a chance. This game was a must win. We will now have to finish the season 7-1 to make the playoffs. Fat chance when we can only win 3 of the first 8.
Reply/Quote
Ten wins to comfortably win the division. Yes, it could happen with 9 wins, but you'd need some help.

So, you still have three wins. That means you must go 7-1 on the back half to get 10 wins. 6-2 to get to 9-6-1 and hope neither Pitt or Baltimore are better than 9-7. That's a lot of finger crossin'

Now, if you think this team is capable of pulling off a 7-1, then you'd be correct. However, if you believe they will, then I want some of what you're smoking.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If the steelers and the Ravens continue to lose sure. We would need to start actually winning games though lol
Reply/Quote
Playoffs??? Playoffs????

Finishing .500 is the goal now, and I think it's more like 7-9-1.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 04:04 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Playoffs???   Playoffs????

Finishing .500 is the goal now, and I think it's more like 7-9-1.

That would be impressive. We playing next week or something? Or do you have us making the playoffs at 7-8-1 with another wild card exit?
Reply/Quote
There was a lot of negativity on the board while the game was going on, except for the big plays and the one time (that I know of) that the Bengals got a sack. This game is the flip side of the Bengals tie game against Carolina a couple of years ago, when Nugent missed a makeable field goal near the end of OT.

This game was probably very entertaining for all the UK people, because it seems most of the games there are blowouts. I wince to admit it but the Bengals don't have a chance at the playoffs this year. I can just see Odell Beckham making 200 yards worth of circus catches against the defense in the Giant's game and they will probably also lose to the Fleagles and at least one of the Baltimore games and probably even at Cleveland.

But of course I'm still going to be following them because I'm a fan and have been for a looooooong time.
Reply/Quote
Been here since 1968. Will never stop following and rooting for them. But I also will expect the worst and hope for the best.
Reply/Quote