Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoffs???
(11-21-2017, 02:28 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I agree with most everything with the exception of Peko and I am a huge fan of Peko.

He wasn't really fitting into the scheme of things here, but in Denver he is in a role that seems to be a better fit for him. He seems to be more productive this season so far than he had been the past few seasons with the Bengals. 

Quote:“In Cincy, we were kind of always talking about, ‘Oh, I want to win a playoff game. I want to win a playoff game,’” Peko said. “But over here, we’re talking about winning championships. That’s what brought me here. I want to win a championship.”

How's that working out DP?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Provided we beat The Browns their is a 55% chance going into the Monday night Game owning the 6 spot in the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 05:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I would love to see a playoff win and would certainly give him credit for getting a season turned around - but would winning a single playoff game after 15 years and 8 opportunities really qualify as 'this guy's a keeper' ?  Mellow

Not necessarily a keeper but would be a nice capper to his tenure as coach. It would just be comical on so many levels this team would be the one who gets the win.
Reply/Quote
This is probably a terrible thing to say as a fan, but I really hope the Bengals do not make the playoffs this year.
Why, you may ask?
1) I don't think this team is good enough to come anywhere close to beating the top of the AFC or NFC. I believe they would get embarrassed in the wildcard round yet again.
2) Draft position. If the Bengals are not going to win a playoff game, I'd like to see the Bengals be in the top half of the draft, not 21-25.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 10:54 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I hope you guys can make a run. AFC is super weak this year.

Can't deny that. However, the Patriots will stomp whatever comes out of the NFC, including Philly.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 04:06 AM)Utts Wrote: Can't deny that. However, the Patriots will stomp whatever comes out of the NFC, including Philly.

Saints might have a better shot.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 07:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not necessarily a keeper but would be a nice capper to his tenure as coach.   It would just be comical on so many levels this team would be the one who gets the win.

Yeah, if that happened - as unlikely as it is - it would be crazy that this was the team that finally did it.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 02:28 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I agree with most everything with the exception of Peko and I am a huge fan of Peko.

He wasn't really fitting into the scheme of things here, but in Denver he is in a role that seems to be a better fit for him. He seems to be more productive this season so far than he had been the past few seasons with the Bengals. 

Disagree and am a huge Peko fan too. 

He did what he was asked to do in Cincinnati but some people are blinded by stats. 

Role players are hard to find, especially when the are leaders. 

Glad he seems happy though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Disagree and am a huge Peko fan too. 

He did what he was asked to do in Cincinnati but some people are blinded by stats. 

Role players are hard to find, especially when the are leaders. 

Glad he seems happy though.

You're right on that, he was solid at the role he was asked to do, under appreciated by fans and role players are very important. 

I guess for me it's nice to him doing his thing in Denver and getting better numbers to show all the Peko haters that the guy can play.

Plus, when they let him go there was a plan in place to replace him in Billings, and he is starting to show signs of life. 

I can handle moving on from Zeitler, Peko, Marvin Jones, anyone of them (except Whit...screw that, dude should have retired a Bengal) as long as there is a plan in place to replace those vets with guys who can do the job. I think that is what really upsets me the most about this team, they let guys walk to save $$$ and don't have a plan to replace them.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote