Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Playoffs
As much as I hate to say this a lot are getting their hopes up for something that has a decent chance of not happening. Beating the Chiefs, who are playing the best football in the league right now, will be no easy feat, and playing the Browns at Cleveland......a tough situation. Been down this road too, too, too many times.

Go ahead and villify me for saying that, but just trying to be a bit realistic. Although the Bengals control their own fate it will be a very difficult task. Just don't get your hopes up is all I'm saying.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Just need to have Lamar Jackson go cough on Chubb next week and the Cleveland game is a cakewalk. Baker is bad.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 11:31 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: As much as I hate to say this a lot are getting their hopes up for something that has a decent chance of not happening.  Beating the Chiefs, who are playing the best football in the league right now, will be no easy feat, and playing the Browns at Cleveland......a tough situation.  Been down this road too, too, too many times.  

Go ahead and villify me for saying that, but just trying to be a bit realistic. Although the Bengals control their own fate it will be a very difficult task.  Just don't get your hopes up is all I'm saying.

You just had to get us started with the negativity... I'm trying to enjoy it while we can. We are 9-6,  and who knows what can happen with a young team like this.. I think a lot of people are gonna be surprised Sunday when the queefs fall to the Burrow Bengals..
Reply/Quote
Losing out certainly isn’t far fetched with the two teams we have left. I feel like we make the playoffs one way or another though. If we lose two then they’ll keep the lose 2 win 2 streak going with two playoff wins!

I’m cautiously optimistic that they find a way to win one of the last two though. No idea which.
Reply/Quote
Cautious and tempered optimism.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Playoffs are no given and it certainly will be "a tough row to hoe" beating KC or even the Browns who have already beaten the Bengals earlier in the year.

yet it would not be fun at all if we did not have earn it and KC has put up pedestrian points in 6 or 7 of their games it seems. But we all know the problems the Bengals have had with TE's over the years and Kelce is going to be a problem that has to be solved.

believe the Bengals can beat any team in the NFL when playing well so have to think there is a punchers chance and we only need 1 win.

Could see them losing both, winning both, or splitting depending on what Bengals team shows up. Yet that means two out of the three possible scenarios have the Bengals making the playoffs.
Going to believe until its proven otherwise and even if Bengals happen to lose ? Will still be just as excited about the next two seasons when I believe the window will be wide open for the Bengals instead of half opened this year. Now I will have to go on a drunken bender if they do lose them both before my excitement for next season kicks in though.

Just want to see them giving maximum effort on the field in both games.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Thee are a couple things that make me more optimistic going into these final two,and most important games of the season for the Bengals.#1 is the fact that Joe Burrow is healthier than he’s been all year,and he said that he felt like he was back to his old self.You can see it in his play.He looks faster,and stronger.

#2 is Ja’Maar Chase.They’re using him more in the slot,and on a variety of routes,in which gives him the opportunity to show what he can do with yacs.(yards after catch) Chase excels in this area.He’s strong and fast and isn’t easy to take down.I think this is going to benefit the Offense moving forward.
Reply/Quote
The Cinati Bengos are legit, man. 10th win, with the AFCN crown coming with it this Sunday.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
We could win both of these games.

Or we could lose both of them.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 11:31 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: As much as I hate to say this a lot are getting their hopes up for something that has a decent chance of not happening.  Beating the Chiefs, who are playing the best football in the league right now, will be no easy feat, and playing the Browns at Cleveland......a tough situation.  Been down this road too, too, too many times.  

Go ahead and villify me for saying that, but just trying to be a bit realistic. Although the Bengals control their own fate it will be a very difficult task.  Just don't get your hopes up is all I'm saying.

Gee, thanks for the advice Dad....Lame
Reply/Quote
I think we will be slight underdogs in both games. Though the Browns could play 2nd stringers if they are already eliminated. But against the best team they can muster, in Cleveland, they should be favored.

Chiefs are favored by 5.5 points.
Reply/Quote
These last two games are definitely more losable than they are winnable for the Bengals. We're due for a 2 game losing streak. Just in time to miss the playoffs and hand the AFCN on a golden platter to the Sh** Stains.

Sorry, not sorry. Trying to be negative so we win. It could work in our favor. And if not, it's a win-win (for me). Expect less, get more.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 11:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I would've went with "Boo this man", but you still nailed it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 02:09 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think we will be slight underdogs in both games.  Though the Browns could play 2nd stringers if they are already eliminated.  But against the best team they can muster, in Cleveland, they should be favored.  

Chiefs are favored by 5.5 points.

There is no way in hell the Browns play their 2nd string if eliminated.. They are gonna want to play spoiler to us..
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 02:23 AM)Tony Wrote: There is no way in hell the Browns play their 2nd string if eliminated.. They are gonna want to play spoiler to us..

This.
Reply/Quote
Could easily lose both….in fact I expect it….BUT

If there is reason for hope it starts with Burrow and his sheer will to win. The defense MUST tackle and generate some turnovers. Do those things then we have a legit opportunity to beat the Chiefs
Reply/Quote
The Bengals can lose both and still get in. Root hard for Pittsburgh over Cleveland and LAR over Baltimore this week.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals backing their way in isn’t a long shot. Pitt beating the Browns is the the toughest.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 06:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The Bengals backing their way in isn’t a long shot. Pitt beating the Browns is the the toughest.

The pattern states that we lose two in a row. 

However, Pitt beat Cleveland in Cleveland. This time the game is on MNF in Pitt where Tomlin's Steelers have never lost and with that crowd and refs Smirk. look for the Steelers to win and Tomlin to continue to have never had a season under .500. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote