Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoffs Mock
I do have to say I was impressed with Morgan Moses this season. I did not expect him to play as well as he has in a outside/wide zone scheme of Mike LaFleur's. Have to wonder if the try to lock him up and stabilize the line with him and George Fant.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like Moses but we did not sign him this season or eve look at him seemingly. For some reason we seem dead set on the guys we have. Was not a fan of passing on him at the time. Worry we will do the same and go with all draft picks.

Getting rid of Waynes is a no brainer. What a waste of cash he has been.

I have not dug into the draft yet. But I always do. I am sure there are a few OSU players that you all want in the first round. Sorry fellas I won't be doing that unless he is one hell of an OL. We have really no business drafting a WR or RB IMO.

Great Job!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 08:34 PM)Synric Wrote: I do have to say I was impressed with Morgan Moses this season. I did not expect him to play as well as he has in a outside/wide zone scheme of Mike LaFleur's. Have to wonder if the try to lock him up and stabilize the line with him and George Fant.
I dunno that they do.
They could have their OL pretty set.
Becton-VeraTucker-Feeney-DuvernayTardif-Fant/Moses

I've heard they may not be happy with the progress of Becton, but they're in a perfect draft spot to get a new LT if they wanted. Neal or Ekwonu.

Potential thing to keep an eye on - Jets also have the 10th overall pick. They might decide to get Linderbaum to round out that OL.
They definitely need pass catchers, but they could get one at 35 and/or 38. They'll probably go with a defensive player at 4 though and probably a pass catcher at 10.

If they kept Moses, I'd expect one of Becton, Fant, or Duvernay-Tardif let go. Fant would make the most sense, as he frees up $9 mill of cap.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I dunno that they do.
They could have their OL pretty set.
Becton-VeraTucker-Feeney-DuvernayTardif-Fant/Moses

I've heard they may not be happy with the progress of Becton, but they're in a perfect draft spot to get a new LT if they wanted. Neal or Ekwonu.

Potential thing to keep an eye on - Jets also have the 10th overall pick. They might decide to get Linderbaum to round out that OL.
They definitely need pass catchers, but they could get one at 35 and/or 38. They'll probably go with a defensive player at 4 though and probably a pass catcher at 10.

If they kept Moses, I'd expect one of Becton, Fant, or Duvernay-Tardif let go. Fant would make the most sense, as he frees up $9 mill of cap.

The Jets are around top 5 in cap space. 

They think highly of George Fant and expect him to be their left tackle. With Fant Vera-Tucker McGovern and Moses that lockes down their offensive line. They are not happy with Becton as he's came in overweight then had injury issues. 

I expect them to take either Stingley/Booth(who ever they have rated higher) or Kyle Hamilton because their secondary is in shambles. As for the 10th pick thinking WR or Edge.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 09:27 PM)Synric Wrote: The Jets are around top 5 in cap space. 

They think highly of George Fant and expect him to be their left tackle. With Fant Vera-Tucker McGovern and Moses that lockes down their offensive line. They are not happy with Becton as he's came in overweight then had injury issues. 

I expect them to take either Stingley/Booth(who ever they have rated higher) or Kyle Hamilton because their secondary is in shambles. As for the 10th pick thinking WR or Edge.

Does Cincy make a push for Becton then? Can Becton play RT? You would think matching Becton and Pollack would be a smart play since he did so well with him in NYJ.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 09:27 PM)Synric Wrote: The Jets are around top 5 in cap space. 

I must have missed that George Fant moved to LT. I thought he was strictly RT. Guess I wasn't paying enough attention to the Jets.

If the Jets aren't that high on Becton anymore, would it be worth trading them a Rd 2 or 3 pick for him?
He still has two more years left on his rookie contract (3 if you do the 5th year option).
I think he's probably better suited at RT instead of LT anyway.

Might be an option if Moses does stay with NYJ. Although you'd have to think that unless NYJ grossly overpays Moses, he'd prefer to come play for more of a contender like the Bengals. Jets are a disaster, IMO.

EDIT - Also forgot that Pollack was the OL coach with NYJ for Becton's rookie year. Pollack might like Becton and feel he could fit with his scheme. He'd obviously be younger than someone like Moses or Reiff too.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 10:46 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Does Cincy make a push for Becton then? Can Becton play RT? You would think matching Becton and Pollack would be a smart play since he did so well with him in NYJ.

Ahh yes, I forgot that Becton was drafted when Pollack was the OL coach.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 03:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I must have missed that George Fant moved to LT. I thought he was strictly RT. Guess I wasn't paying enough attention to the Jets.

If the Jets aren't that high on Becton anymore, would it be worth trading them a Rd 2 or 3 pick for him?
He still has two more years left on his rookie contract (3 if you do the 5th year option).
I think he's probably better suited at RT instead of LT anyway.

Might be an option if Moses does stay with NYJ. Although you'd have to think that unless NYJ grossly overpays Moses, he'd prefer to come play for more of a contender like the Bengals. Jets are a disaster, IMO.

EDIT - Also forgot that Pollack was the OL coach with NYJ for Becton's rookie year. Pollack might like Becton and feel he could fit with his scheme. He'd obviously be younger than someone like Moses or Reiff too.

Really I dont know what they will do just guessing like everyone else. They have talked about how they like Fant and disappointment in Becton. I'm just saying I think they should stay eith thr guys they got now and create some continuity while adding weapons for Zach Wilson and fixing the defense.

As for what they do with Mekhi Becton they might keep him for 1 more year as a swing tackle considering it would probably cost more to trade him that keep him in his 3rd year.

Reply/Quote