Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoffs ? Playoffs ??
The more I see it and think about it the more I like our chances !

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000939436/article/five-reasons-why-the-bengals-will-make-the-2018-nfl-playoffs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good article. I think there are even more reasons than he listed to be optimistic about us making it back to the playoffs. Once we get there, maybe we can make a run, this year could be special. IMO
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 01:07 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Good article.  I think there are even more reasons than he listed to be optimistic about us making it back to the playoffs.  Once we get there, maybe we can make a run, this year could be special.  IMO

Yup,

Like not having PA's yoke around the neck of the offense. Lazor getting a full pre season to build an offense as OC. To name just a couple.
Reply/Quote
Like his sense of humor. We were dead last compared to real teams.

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 12:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The more I see it and think about it the more I like our chances !

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000939436/article/five-reasons-why-the-bengals-will-make-the-2018-nfl-playoffs

Great article. A dude at NFL.com that actually has done his homework this Offseason for heck sake! Shocked

He actually seen what happened and spoke about it, WTF? Spot on about everything he said, the O-line, the coaches,
WJ3, Ross, Mixon, Dalton etc. One thing he didn't mention is Billings and Hubbard who could really be amazing additions
if both can stay healthy. These guys can make other players like Geno, Dunlap, Willis and Lawson better this year.

Reps BF74, great stuff and i like Rank's sense of humor as Harley said. Made me like the guy. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 02:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great article. A dude at NFL.com that actually has done his homework this Offseason for heck sake! Shocked

He actually seen what happened and spoke about it, WTF? Spot on about everything he said, the O-line, the coaches,
WJ3, Ross, Mixon, Dalton etc. One thing he didn't mention is Billings and Hubbard who could really be amazing additions
if both can stay healthy. These guys can make other players like Geno, Dunlap, Willis and Lawson better this year.

Reps BF74, great stuff and i like Rank's sense of humor as Harley said. Made me like the guy. Rock On

Yes sir,

It's quite uncommon to see any media outside of local guys have any real insight. The bulk written by the outside is either bashing (a lot deservedly so) or they just regurgitate what others have wrote and it's so easy to see they don't know squat about the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 04:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes sir,

It's quite uncommon to see any media outside of local guys have any real insight. The bulk written by the outside is either bashing (a lot deservedly so) or they just regurgitate what others have wrote and it's so easy to see they don't know squat about the Bengals.

Very true. So friggen tired of reading articles by jackasses that know nothing about our team and the only purpose is to take a shot at us in some way or the other. 

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 04:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes sir,

(07-04-2018, 04:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Very true. So friggen tired of reading articles by jackasses that know nothing about our team and the only purpose is to take a shot at us in some way or the other. 

No doubt, like how he kind of took a swipe at Steeler fans too. You know how those guys are lol

Happy Independence Day brothers, love the sig Harley. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Happy Independence Day brothers, love the sig Harley. Hilarious

[Image: 4th-of-july-gif-2238195.gif]

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 04:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Very true. So friggen tired of reading articles by jackasses that know nothing about our team and the only purpose is to take a shot at us in some way or the other. 

and the bengals record the last two years and problems in the playoffs  before that make those "jackasses" look correct
Reply/Quote
offensive line hold s up..this team will do well
Reply/Quote
There are too many "ifs" regarding this team to be confident that we make the playoffs. With that said if the "ifs" go our way then this team can definitely make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2018, 01:23 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: There are too many "ifs" regarding this team to be confident that we make the playoffs.  With that said if the "ifs" go our way then this team can definitely make the playoffs.

Couldn't that pretty much be said for every team?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

The pic probably didn't copy on my reply, but I am just putting a little polish on the "Best use of pic/GIFs" Gold Collar around your neck.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 07:13 PM)cooper Wrote: and the bengals record the last two years and problems in the playoffs  before that make those "jackasses" look correct

Yeah, bringing up things like "the Bengals have poor character guys, just look at their arrests" is so 2005, it makes them look like HUGE jackasses.  

They insult Dalton, saying he is one of the worst starting QBs, yet in 2015, he was an MVP candidate and they have done no research as to understand what happened to his line, his coaches, and his weapons.  

They insult the owner for being cheap, when he is hardly involved any longer.  I have said for YEARS that this team belongs to Katie, Troy, and Marvin.  It doesn't take a genius to do a little investigating to realize that shift and they have spent more on contracts to keep their talent than many other teams and they actually honor those contracts all the way through the end...another thing most NFL teams do not follow.  Yeah, they are real cheap.  

Oh, and how could I forget:  Vontaze Burfict is a dirty player and a criminal off the field.  He got one personal foul penalty last year and has no off field issues whatsoever.  

There you go!  I just gave content for whatever moron is trying to get a job at whatever online news outlet that hires folks that still live in their mom's basement.  
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2018, 01:23 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: There are too many "ifs" regarding this team to be confident that we make the playoffs.  With that said if the "ifs" go our way then this team can definitely make the playoffs.

Good point, but this team didn't stand still and say "we are good, but we had blah, blah, blah..."

They made significant moves to improve every facet of this team:

Coaching changes on defensive coordinator, offensive line, and offensive coordinator (gets first full season and offseason). 
They addressed the offensive line and turned one pick in to two starters.
They addressed the LB quality with a great FA signing in Brown.
They didn't lose any key players.
They have players returning from injury, like Ross and Eifert.
The draft will provide competition at safety, DE, RB,  and LB which are all areas that needed improvement.  
AJ Green is in a contract year (that can't hurt).
Westerman and Redmond are ready and much better options than Hopkins. 

I am really excited for this season.  If the rushing attack is as improved as I believe it may be, the synergy of helping Dalton, resting the defense, not turning it over on third-and-two, etc, will really make a huge impact on this team.  
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2018, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, bringing up things like "the Bengals have poor character guys, just look at their arrests" is so 2005, it makes them look like HUGE jackasses.  

They insult Dalton, saying he is one of the worst starting QBs, yet in 2015, he was an MVP candidate and they have done no research as to understand what happened to his line, his coaches, and his weapons.  

They insult the owner for being cheap, when he is hardly involved any longer.  I have said for YEARS that this team belongs to Katie, Troy, and Marvin.  It doesn't take a genius to do a little investigating to realize that shift and they have spent more on contracts to keep their talent than many other teams and they actually honor those contracts all the way through the end...another thing most NFL teams do not follow.  Yeah, they are real cheap.  

Oh, and how could I forget:  Vontaze Burfict is a dirty player and a criminal off the field.  He got one personal foul penalty last year and has no off field issues whatsoever.  

There you go!  I just gave content for whatever moron is trying to get a job at whatever online news outlet that hires folks that still live in their mom's basement.  
dude..I feel certain the news media could care less about you
Reply/Quote
They insult the owner for being cheap, when he is hardly involved any longer. I have said for YEARS that this team belongs to Katie, Troy, and Marvin. It doesn't take a genius to do a little investigating to realize that shift and they have spent more on contracts to keep their talent than many other teams and they actually honor those contracts all the way through the end...another thing most NFL teams do not follow. Yeah, they are real cheap.

AND YOU KNOW THIS HOW ?

lol
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 12:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The more I see it and think about it the more I like our chances !

Good write-up.  Their are a lot of IFs, but if those IFs pan out, who knows?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2018, 09:59 AM)cooper Wrote: They insult the owner for being cheap, when he is hardly involved any longer.  I have said for YEARS that this team belongs to Katie, Troy, and Marvin.  It doesn't take a genius to do a little investigating to realize that shift and they have spent more on contracts to keep their talent than many other teams and they actually honor those contracts all the way through the end...another thing most NFL teams do not follow.  Yeah, they are real cheap.  

AND YOU KNOW THIS HOW ?

lol

Well, something HAS changed.  Son of Paul wouldn't even spring for proper towels in the 90s.....he was notoriously frugal.  So, either he changed, or the hierarchy did.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote