Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoffs ? Playoffs ??
we'll find out real quick how this years team is going to look....
1st 4 games will tell us...
1. indy @ Indy...
Balt on Thurs night football in the jungle...
then back to back road games Panthers & Falcons...
if we come out of those 4 games 3-1 i'll be happy
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 10:57 AM)cooper Wrote: i have breakfast with Mike and Katie every sunday morning at the bagel shop in kenwood..so there

actually katie walks her dogs in french park..see her quite often..super gal.. she will not talk bengals

Man, that's fantastic.  Have they ever by chance introduced you to Brian Patteronia?  If so, how is he in person?  He seemed kind of glamorous on the boards.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2018, 02:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We actually went and got players in their prime at positions of need.

Cordy Glenn and Preston Brown. Big time difference from the AJ Hawk's from the past.

You need to look through the window, it is right in front of you.

Anyone that knows me, knows I was pretty down on this team all year last year, from January to January.  I had zero hope or faith in them from the get go.  I'm still not all in, but feel the floor is much higher this season....hence my 9-7 prediction.  That said, for this organization, there were wholesale changes in the way they typically do business.

1) Tenured coaches shown the door.....some LONG tenured.

2) High draft pick investment in a Center.

3) A trade for an above average player at LT.

4) Signed a very good LB in Preston Brown in his prime, instead of an over the hill type.

5) Signed a serviceable DT for rotation.

6) Brought in some recognized names to replace removed coaches, instead of lazy, in house promotions, or some nobody as they have at times in the past.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I remember not long ago a lot of fans dissed on making the playoffs, stating it was no accomplishment since we never won once we got there. The lesson to learn is it is not easy to make the playoffs like the Bengals did a lot not long ago.

I am hopeful we can get back to the playoffs, we do have a lot of ifs on the OL still and can guys like Eifert, Burfict and Green stay healthy. Can Ross and others like Malone and our new draft and FA class step up?

I do like the changes, I gave up my tickets and hoping they make me regret it in 2018. Please make me look stupid.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
bengals offensive line performs...the team goes to the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 10:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: Anyone that knows me, knows I was pretty down on this team all year last year, from January to January.  I had zero hope or faith in them from the get go.  I'm still not all in, but feel the floor is much higher this season....hence my 9-7 prediction.  That said, for this organization, there were wholesale changes in the way they typically do business.

4) Signed a very good LB in Preston Brown in his prime, instead of an over the hill type.

6) Brought in some recognized names to replace removed coaches, instead of lazy, in house promotions, or some nobody as they have at times in the past.

Yes sir Wyche, i remember you being down on them all year. I always try to be positive but it just wasn't easy last
season. All i could do was hope that Og and Bodine improved under PA which was highly unlikely. This year we have
a solid foundation laid somewhat and out of Fisher, Hart, Taylor, Perkins, Westerman, Redmond, Hopkins we should
have a decent right side of the Line under Pollack.

The Center and left side already looks really solid and it all starts in the trenches. We have the skill players.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 10:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: Anyone that knows me, knows I was pretty down on this team all year last year, from January to January.  I had zero hope or faith in them from the get go.  I'm still not all in, but feel the floor is much higher this season....hence my 9-7 prediction.  That said, for this organization, there were wholesale changes in the way they typically do business.

Agree and

the entire collective was as well. 

Took many positive moves to change opinions to the opposite side of the spectrum. Kudos to FO for a change. 

Whoever the heck is in charge. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The only fumble FO made was not getting anything in return for McAJ.

Would really have been stoked if having an extra 3rd or 2nd round pick to add depth to OL competition.

Still plenty to be optimistic about for Bengals future.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The only fumble FO made was not getting anything in return for McAJ.

Would really have been stoked if having an extra 3rd or 2nd round pick to add depth to OL competition.

Yep, that was about the only boneheaded non move we made for sure.

Should of got something for the guy, we just waited until he pretty much had no stock anymore. A mistake.

But made tons of the right moves.
Reply/Quote

Yup,

As have I been very critical of the team, players, ML and MB. 

I'd have to write a 300 page book to say everything I feel about the Bengals but for your sake and mine I'll try and cut it down to a couple lines.

I've said we'll get em next year at the end of every season since the early 70's, so I know all about false optimism. But I tell ya these past couple seasons have been hard on my fandom ! Ever since the last couple minutes of the 2015 playoffs I've had a feeling grow inside me that I've never truly experienced before - apathy.

But I must say this offseason has renewed my hope (a little) I'm not all in yet either. I've had the rug jerked out from under me to many times. Does this offseason mean change is here and the Bengals are off in a winning in the post season direction ? I don't know

But in my opinion there is a little bit of reason for hope. What else we got ?
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, that was about the only boneheaded non move we made for sure.

Should of got something for the guy, we just waited until he pretty much had no stock anymore. A mistake.

But made tons of the right moves.

Funny thing is, McCarron might not be the starter for Buffalo. He might be a back up to Pederman, from what I read awhile back.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 03:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Funny thing is, McCarron might not be the starter for Buffalo. He might be a back up to Pederman, from what I read awhile back.

Heard the same thing and it honestly doesn't surprise me. He was pretty bad as a backup last year.

Thought Driskel was much more impressive.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 03:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Funny thing is, McCarron might not be the starter for Buffalo. He might be a back up to Pederman, from what I read awhile back.

I fully expect them to both be backing up Josh Allen when the season starts.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 04:08 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I fully expect them to both be backing up Josh Allen when the season starts.

Same here, that Pederman threw a lot of interceptions last year, might as well have the talented rookie do it lol
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The only fumble FO made was not getting anything in return for McAJ.

Well, to be fair they had a pretty fantastic deal all inked out for him, but then Cleveland "Clevelanded it all up".....
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 04:08 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I fully expect them to both be backing up Josh Allen when the season starts.

Agreed,

Unless Allen falls flat on his face in the preseason he'll be the starter.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 11:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agreed,

Unless Allen falls flat on his face in the preseason he'll be the starter.

Yes, feels like it's his job to lose.  Poor AJ, more clipboard duty.  But at least he has Katherine to go home to.   Pervert
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
after article is published an anonymous envelope filled with cash slides under Adam Rank's hotel door...
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 03:32 PM)GodFather Wrote: after article is published an anonymous envelope filled with cash slides under Adam Rank's hotel door...

lol
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2018, 09:59 AM)cooper Wrote: They insult the owner for being cheap, when he is hardly involved any longer.  I have said for YEARS that this team belongs to Katie, Troy, and Marvin.  It doesn't take a genius to do a little investigating to realize that shift and they have spent more on contracts to keep their talent than many other teams and they actually honor those contracts all the way through the end...another thing most NFL teams do not follow.  Yeah, they are real cheap.  

AND YOU KNOW THIS HOW ?

lol

When a team is consistently bad for decades on end that points to the top.  The Bengals were a bad team long before Marvin came here.  Mike Brown has been the main stay.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote