Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plays I Like
(09-12-2023, 02:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Chase has 13 career rushes for 31 yards (2.4 YPC) and 0 TDs (2 first downs).

7 of the 13 carries have gone for 0 or negative yards.

I don't know if it's Zac's design, the offense's execution, or Chase just isn't good at it, but it doesn't work and this is the third year of trying it. It has basically never worked. It's largely just giving away downs and putting the offense in a worse position. It is a worse play than just immediately throwing the ball out to Chase behind the LoS and hoping he makes his CB miss. I wish they would stop it.

Completely agree. He just doesn't seem to excel at this and seems hesitant coming up to the line of scrimmage. I don't know why we insist on continuing with this. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 04:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I would like to note that Chase was in motion, thus he technically wasn't, "in the backfield."

If we are going to use this play, then there were at least 2 (maybe 3) other plays where Chase did the exact same thing and we did NOT toss it to him for a run.

So if by showing this look, they only ran once of 3 or 4 times, that's not a bad thing.

If this was executed correctly, then this thread doesn't exist, but I do agree with TLL that maybe they should stop trying to run the ball with Chase lol

The blocking on that play was absolutely atrocious. Go back and watch each individual guy. Bad, bad, bad. Guys falling down. Guys running into teammates. Baaaaaaad.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 10:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The blocking on that play was absolutely atrocious. Go back and watch each individual guy. Bad, bad, bad. Guys falling down. Guys running into teammates. Baaaaaaad.

Yes! I watched it numerous times just to watch how bad Evans got destroyed in his attempt to lead block lol and Volson looking for night crawlers lol
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 02:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Chase has 13 career rushes for 31 yards (2.4 YPC) and 0 TDs (2 first downs).

7 of the 13 carries have gone for 0 or negative yards.

I don't know if it's Zac's design, the offense's execution, or Chase just isn't good at it, but it doesn't work and this is the third year of trying it. It has basically never worked. It's largely just giving away downs and putting the offense in a worse position. It is a worse play than just immediately throwing the ball out to Chase behind the LoS and hoping he makes his CB miss. I wish they would stop it.

There is one play where he is acting like he is dribbling a basketball that was annoying... but the line still could not anticipate his next move.  
Reply/Quote
I would like to see this go to the other guy as a distraction.

It is the truth that everyone knows the ball is going to the most dangerous player. Nice thread Weezy. Mellow
Reply/Quote
So they ended up doing exactly what I said against the Ravens. It was a nice wrinkle with the same formation, yet they gave it to Mixon going the opposite direction for 30 plus yards.

[url= <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">]