Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playstation Vue?
What is it and if you already have it, how do you like it?  Is it worth the price? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I'll admit I didn't know what it was so I looked it up. From C|Net:

Quote:The Good: PlayStation Vue has most of the features and channels you get from your cable or satellite TV provider, without hidden fees or contracts. Its cloud DVR lets you record, pause and rewind live TV, and fast-forward through commercials on recorded shows. Local ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC channels are available in seven US cities, and on-demand in others. It works with PlayStation consoles and Amazon Fire TV, as well as iPhone, iPad and Chromecast, and can stream to up to five devices simultaneously. It has an innovative, show-centric interface and offers profiles for different family members.

The Bad: Vue's higher price, especially in certain cities, means you might not save much over cable TV bundles. It still lacks certain channels, like PBS and some sports networks. It's not available on Android devices, Roku or Apple TV. Fast-forward and rewind on cloud-based recordings is less responsive than on a standard DVR, and using the PlayStation controller is a pain. There are numerous limits to viewing content on mobile devices.

The Bottom Line: Sony's PlayStation Vue lets you ditch cable TV and still enjoy tons of live channels and DVR features, and you don't even need a PlayStation.

http://www.cnet.com/products/sony-playstation-vue/
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Have it and love it.  Image quality is good, the DVR works and there's a good amount of on-demand content. I'm paying $30 a month and it's worth it.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2016, 09:46 AM)Donnyho Wrote: Have it and love it.  Image quality is good, the DVR works and there's a good amount of on-demand content. I'm paying $30 a month and it's worth it.

That seemed to be the price I came across on average.  What are the sports networks that they mention you're missing? 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2016, 08:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That seemed to be the price I came across on average.  What are the sports networks that they mention you're missing? 

The local Fox Sports are missing (I don't get Fox Sports Indiana & can't watch the Reds) and there's no NFL Network, NBA TV or MLB TV. The sports channels I do get are ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports & Fox Sports 2.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 09:00 AM)Donnyho Wrote: The local Fox Sports are missing (I don't get Fox Sports Indiana & can't watch the Reds) and there's no NFL Network, NBA TV or MLB TV. The sports channels I do get are ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports & Fox Sports 2.

At least from a live-game football standpoint it sounds like you're just missing out on mediocre Thursday night football played in hideous uniforms.  
Reply/Quote