Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plea to Marvin Lewis
Play aggressive.

Don't rush four when you have a lead and hope the other team can't execute 10 yards in three plays with zero pressure. This is the playoffs. Teams that can't do that aren't in the playoffs. Get pressure. Even when he gets a throw off, make sure he is getting hit.

Attack their weakness on defense: the secondary. Attack them down the field with multiple receivers in a pattern. Keeping extra blockers in just allows them to have more players near the line of scrimmage, which hurts the running game, and it also makes it tougher for the few route runners to get separation.

Don't stop attacking when you get a lead. Keep your foot on the gas, full throttle. That goes for defense and offense.

Be creative.

Don't line up Sanu in the wildcat and just have him run in the middle. That is the only thing you have shown this year. Have him read-option keep it, take a step back, and heave the ball down the field. That should be one of at LEAST 5 deep shots taken down the field.

Run a reverse with Marvin Jones. He is the fastest of the WRs and can catch them in over pursuit of a Gio run to the outside.

Zimmer ran a fake punt the first offensive series of the game against the Packers. Let your team, and their team know that all bets are off this game. They will realize right away that this isn't the conservative "play not to lose" teams of your past.

Make receivers other than Antonio Brown beat you

The Ravens had a great game plan against the steelers with two deep safeties on every three receiver play of the steelers. Nothing over the top. Force Pig Ben to check it down. He will become impatient and force a mistake. Getting the pressure mentioned earlier from an additional pass rusher might also force an errant throw. Most importantly, your DBs won't be forced to cover a very good WR squad for 5-6 seconds.

Get the damn plays called in sooner so AJ has a chance to survey the field, do some hard counts, and run the play before risking a delay of game penalty.

Have a "GO" play ready named "steeler", where the offense runs to the line, snaps the ball, and takes a deep shot down the field. Each time you run it, use a different AFC North team name. So many times, after a positive play, our guys wander up to the line and wait, and wait, and wait for the call from the sideline, and watch Mccarron hustle up and snap the ball on one in an effort to avoid a delay of game. When something good happens, shout "steeler" and have everyone sprint to the formation and do a quick snap. Big plays often come when your opponent is a little unprepared. Stop allowing the other team to gather themselves after every decent play you have by taking forever to get the play in.

An added twist: the second time you run it ("Baltimore"), do a hard count, and see if you can get a free play.

I'm not asking, I'm pleading. Your conservative nature will allow you to beat teams you are simply better than, but you will rarely beat a team that is even your equal if you never attack them. I think your team would love to hear you say at this week's team meeting: "We are going to be aggressive". And then actually implement an aggressive game strategy.

I believe in the team. I worry about your strategies in big games. Attack them, be creative, and play fast.

Good luck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good post. If he happens to do even some of these things, we may be able to pull off a win.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Dear SHRacerX,

Please don't worry. We did some good things out there today and we just need to play better.

- Marvin
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Play aggressive.

Don't rush four when you have a lead and hope the other team can't execute 10 yards in three plays with zero pressure.  This is the playoffs.  Teams that can't do that aren't in the playoffs.  Get pressure.  Even when he gets a throw off, make sure he is getting hit.  

Attack their weakness on defense:  the secondary.  Attack them down the field with multiple receivers in a pattern.  Keeping extra blockers in just allows them to have more players near the line of scrimmage, which hurts the running game, and it also makes it tougher for the few route runners to get separation.  

Don't stop attacking when you get a lead.  Keep your foot on the gas, full throttle.  That goes for defense and offense.  

Be creative.

Don't line up Sanu in the wildcat and just have him run in the middle.  That is the only thing you have shown this year.  Have him read-option keep it, take a step back, and heave the ball down the field.  That should be one of at LEAST 5 deep shots taken down the field.  

Run a reverse with Marvin Jones.  He is the fastest of the WRs and can catch them in over pursuit of a Gio run to the outside.

Zimmer ran a fake punt the first offensive series of the game against the Packers.  Let your team, and their team know that all bets are off this game.  They will realize right away that this isn't the conservative "play not to lose" teams of your past.  

The Ravens had a great game plan against the steelers with two deep safeties on every three receiver play of the steelers.  Nothing over the top.  Force Pig Ben to check it down.  He will become impatient and force a mistake.  Getting the pressure mentioned earlier from an additional pass rusher might also force an errant throw.  Most importantly, your DBs won't be forced to cover a very good WR squad for 5-6 seconds.

Get the damn plays called in sooner so AJ has a chance to survey the field, do some hard counts, and run the play before risking a delay of game penalty.  

Have a "GO" play ready named "steeler", where the offense runs to the line, snaps the ball, and takes a deep shot down the field.  Each time you run it, use a different AFC North team name.  So many times, after a positive play, our guys wander up to the line and wait, and wait, and wait for the call from the sideline, and watch Mccarron hustle up and snap the ball on one in an effort to avoid a delay of game.  When something good happens, shout "steeler" and have everyone sprint to the formation and do a quick snap.  Big plays often come when your opponent is a little unprepared.  Stop allowing the other team to gather themselves after every decent play you have by taking forever to get the play in.  

An added twist:  the second time you run it ("Baltimore"), do a hard count, and see if you can get a free play.  

I'm not asking, I'm pleading.  Your conservative nature will allow you to beat teams you are simply better than, but you will rarely beat a team that is even your equal if you never attack them.  I think your team would love to hear you say at this week's team meeting:  "We are going to be aggressive".  And then actually implement an aggressive game strategy.

I believe in the team.  I worry about your strategies in big games.  Attack them, be creative, and play fast.  

Good luck.

Ditto!
Reply/Quote
Dear Speed Racer,
Thanks for the advise and let me start by saying I watched your show as a child. I was a big Chim Chim fan.

Now to reply to your letter, when it comes to playing aggressive. I plan on addressing this next Sunday against Pittsburgh. I will tell the players, "Hey, do your job, do your job" I promise to say that aggressively to get the point across.

As far as being creative, my mother told me I was very creative and my only problem was I would often eat the crayons when drawing. But I can definitely be creative with the players. I was thinking of using some of the crayons I didn't eat and write on a big white board, "Do your job" with each letter being a different color. Pretty good huh?

Your last comment confused me, when you said receivers were you referring to audio receivers? If so Im one step ahead of you my friend. Im going to get a receiver and at practice this week Im going to scream into the "receiver" in an aggressive and creative way... "Do Your Job" to get the guys prepared for the wild card game. Im feeling good about this.

All The Best,
Marvin Lewis
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Dear SHRacerX,

Please don't worry.  We did some good things out there today and we just need to play better.

- Marvin

You forgot "Let's go", followed by two golf claps....so motivational
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:22 PM)GodFather Wrote: Dear Speed Racer,
Thanks for the advise and let me start by saying I watched your show as a child. I was a big Chim Chim fan.

Although I was also a big Speed Racer fan, the SH is my initials and SHRacer was taken on AOL way back when I first set up and AOL account, so I added the X. 

I used to autocross a variety of cars and won 5 championships in two different classes with three different cars.  

I haven't raced in nearly 15 years, but I now have a son that wants to learn...so who knows?  Maybe I will compete again.  

Regardless, I appreciate your response, but I wish instead of writing me back you were working on the game plan...one that is different from any game plan you have done in the postseason.  
Reply/Quote
I don't get this our defense has actually played well against Pittsburgh this season. The plea should be dont turnover the Ball.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Now to reply to your letter, when it comes to playing aggressive. I plan on addressing this next Sunday against Pittsburgh.

All The Best,
Marvin Lewis

Bolded part. Unintentionally funny and very fitting.
Reply/Quote
Haha, next Sunday!

Yeah, it'd be hilarious if Marvin suddenly changed his antics for the playoffs.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:41 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You forgot "Let's go", followed by two golf claps....so motivational

Glad I'm not the only one to notice this is the extent of his motivational capability. Although sometimes it's just one golf clap.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for your advise and let me start by saying I watched your show as a child. I was a big Chim Chim fan.

Now to reply to your letter, when it comes to playing aggressive. I plan on addressing this next Sunday against Pittsburgh. I will tell the players, "Hey, do your job, do your job" I promise to say that aggressively to get the point across.

As far as being creative, my mother told me I was very creative and my only problem was I would often eat the crayons when drawing. But I can definitely be creative with the players. I was thinking of using some of the crayons I didn't eat and write on a big white board, "Do your job" with each letter being a different color. Pretty good huh?

Your last comment confused me, when you said receivers were you referring to audio receivers? If so Im one step ahead of you my friend. Im going to get a receiver and at practice this week Im going to scream into the "receiver" in an aggressive and creative way... "Do Your Job" to get the guys prepared for the wild card game. Im feeling good about this.

All The Best,
Marvin Lewis

The game is saturday but maybe that is part of your point.

Reply/Quote
Kinda hard to throw the ball down field when the OL can't pass protect or even run block for that matter. Not trying to be a downer just being realistic. If OL doesn't play better we are one and done again.
Reply/Quote
Dear SHRacerX,

I can assure you things will be better next week, all we have to do is convert 3rd downs better on offense and get off the field defensively on 3rd down and my plan will work.

p.s. I wished you hadn't said anything about Sanu throwing the ball, we had been setting that up all year and now the cat is out of the bag. But the reverse to Marvin Jones is a great idea, I'll make sure to let Hue know it's still in the playbook. Oh, and I just remembered, no screen passes against Pittsburgh on 1st and goal from the 4 yard line.

Marv
Reply/Quote
Dear SHRacerX,

OK, let's go ahead and get started.

*Giggle*

Marv
Reply/Quote
Be Responsible

If we somehow drop this game even without Andy please Marvin just do us the favor and resign

That being said lets win and not worry about it WHODEY
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Play aggressive.

Don't rush four when you have a lead and hope the other team can't execute 10 yards in three plays with zero pressure.  This is the playoffs.  Teams that can't do that aren't in the playoffs.  Get pressure.  Even when he gets a throw off, make sure he is getting hit.  

Attack their weakness on defense:  the secondary.  Attack them down the field with multiple receivers in a pattern.  Keeping extra blockers in just allows them to have more players near the line of scrimmage, which hurts the running game, and it also makes it tougher for the few route runners to get separation.  

Don't stop attacking when you get a lead.  Keep your foot on the gas, full throttle.  That goes for defense and offense.  

Be creative.

Don't line up Sanu in the wildcat and just have him run in the middle.  That is the only thing you have shown this year.  Have him read-option keep it, take a step back, and heave the ball down the field.  That should be one of at LEAST 5 deep shots taken down the field.  

Run a reverse with Marvin Jones.  He is the fastest of the WRs and can catch them in over pursuit of a Gio run to the outside.

Zimmer ran a fake punt the first offensive series of the game against the Packers.  Let your team, and their team know that all bets are off this game.  They will realize right away that this isn't the conservative "play not to lose" teams of your past.  

The Ravens had a great game plan against the steelers with two deep safeties on every three receiver play of the steelers.  Nothing over the top.  Force Pig Ben to check it down.  He will become impatient and force a mistake.  Getting the pressure mentioned earlier from an additional pass rusher might also force an errant throw.  Most importantly, your DBs won't be forced to cover a very good WR squad for 5-6 seconds.

Have a "GO" play ready named "steeler", where the offense runs to the line, snaps the ball, and takes a deep shot down the field.  Each time you run it, use a different AFC North team name.  So many times, after a positive play, our guys wander up to the line and wait, and wait, and wait for the call from the sideline, and watch Mccarron hustle up and snap the ball on one in an effort to avoid a delay of game.  When something good happens, shout "steeler" and have everyone sprint to the formation and do a quick snap.  Big plays often come when your opponent is a little unprepared.  Stop allowing the other team to gather themselves after every decent play you have by taking forever to get the play in.  

An added twist:  the second time you run it ("Baltimore"), do a hard count, and see if you can get a free play.  

I'm not asking, I'm pleading.  Your conservative nature will allow you to beat teams you are simply better than, but you will rarely beat a team that is even your equal if you never attack them.  I think your team would love to hear you say at this week's team meeting:  "We are going to be aggressive".  And then actually implement an aggressive game strategy.

I believe in the team.  I worry about your strategies in big games.  Attack them, be creative, and play fast.  

Good luck.

Good post SHRacerX. This is my only concern, Marv being the classic conservative Marv.

The team is better than the Steelers, but we were better than the Chargers too and lost that game.

We need to be aggressive on Offense and force Pig Ben to check it down so we can unleash viscious hits on their Receivers.

Adam will be big cause he played Brown extremely well the first time around. Also, we should put Adam back there on Punts
a few times if he is not tired to maybe break the game open with a big Return. At anytime he can break one, use him in the
Playoffs if he is not tired from playing too much Defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:06 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Be Responsible

If we somehow drop this game even without Andy please Marvin just do us the favor and resign

That being said lets win and not worry about it WHODEY

I won't go this far, but I just want him to give them the best chance, which is to be aggressive.  I think the team would be really fired up with this approach...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good post SHRacerX. This is my only concern, Marv being the classic conservative Marv.

The team is better than the Steelers, but we were better than the Chargers too and lost that game.

We need to be aggressive on Offense and force Pig Ben to check it down so we can unleash viscious hits on their Receivers.

Adam will be big cause he played Brown extremely well the first time around. Also, we should put Adam back there on Punts
a few times if he is not tired to maybe break the game open with a big Return. At anytime he can break one, use him in the
Playoffs if he is not tired from playing too much Defense.

Good point about Jones.  I don't have to worry about his intensity.  Hell, that guy went after Geno Atkins in the playoff game last year!  

My plea is also to AJ Green:  Tell AJ before the game:  If you get in trouble, I will head deep...if you can get the throw off, I will catch it. There is no way, NO WAY that crapbag secondary can stop him if he plays like he is capable of playing...and for the entire game.
Reply/Quote
Might need Herm Edwards to come in and motivate the team. You Play To Win The Game. Marvin plays not to lose. If he spent as much time motivating the players as he does FN with his damn headset on the sideline they may get somewhere.
Reply/Quote