Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I've Been Critical Of McCarron
The Bengal's fan base is so predictable. Fans hated on Maualuga, until last season when we didn't have him and sorely missed him, then he was wonderful. Fans hate on Brandon Tate, until someone else is back there dropping punts (and Adam Jones can't return punts when we are short at corner).... Fans hated on Dalton to the point of actually booing the kid at a benefit baseball game this past off season after he took us to the playoffs 4 years in a row....now that we don't have him they are hating on AJ who has started 2 games, winning the first one and taking the leagues #1 defense into overtime in their house in the thin atmosphere. Of course, if AJ can't play due to his left wrist, then he would be wonderful and the hate would go to Wenning.... why do those fans even root for this team. Every game.. all is lost, all is lost... why not go be a Steeler or Raven fan? This is our roster this year, why not cheer for them instead of criticizing them all the time?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 11:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Bengal's fan base is so predictable.  Fans hated on Maualuga, until last season when we didn't have him and sorely missed him, then he was wonderful. Fans hate on Brandon Tate, until someone else is back there dropping punts (and Adam Jones can't return punts when we are short at corner).... Fans hated on Dalton to the point of actually booing the kid at a benefit baseball game this past off season after he took us to the playoffs 4 years in a row....now that we don't have him they are hating on AJ who has started 2 games, winning the first one and taking the leagues #1 defense into overtime in their house in the thin atmosphere. Of course, if AJ can't play due to his left wrist, then he would be wonderful and the hate would go to Wenning.... why do those fans even root for this team. Every game.. all is lost, all is lost... why not go be a Steeler or Raven fan? This is our roster this year, why not cheer for them instead of criticizing them all the time?

Excellent post.  Jungle Noise has been pretty quiet all season as everything was fine and dandy with most positions until Dalton got hurt.  Now the natives are restless and we have a new QB to attack.  It seems thread after thread seems to be filled with members positioning themselves on this or that side of McCarron now that Dalton cannot be criticized due to his injury.  

Like it or not, we have at least 2 games left of what was a pretty good year.  It's disappointing that if we don't win our first playoff game that the rest of the offseason will be filled with hate for McCarron and whatif's about Andy Dalton and the playoff game he didn't play in.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 12:10 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Excellent post.  Jungle Noise has been pretty quiet all season as everything was fine and dandy with most positions until Dalton got hurt.  Now the natives are restless and we have a new QB to attack.  It seems thread after thread seems to be filled with members positioning themselves on this or that side of McCarron now that Dalton cannot be criticized due to his injury.  

Like it or not, we have at least 2 games left of what was a pretty good year.  It's disappointing that if we don't win our first playoff game that the rest of the offseason will be filled with hate for McCarron and whatif's about Andy Dalton and the playoff game he didn't play in.

YES Great POST!!!!!!  Been trying to say the same thing!!!!   I thought everyone here was FANS of the BENGALS!!!  Not just a certain Player.......  Many I know hope we don't succeed just because... of statements they have made in the past etc... about their favorite player..  There is no way in the world have I given up on this team!!!  this year......  NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO DEY!!!
Reply/Quote
Marlon, the magician of the Elipses!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 11:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Bengal's fan base is so predictable.  Fans hated on Maualuga, until last season when we didn't have him and sorely missed him, then he was wonderful. Fans hate on Brandon Tate, until someone else is back there dropping punts (and Adam Jones can't return punts when we are short at corner).... Fans hated on Dalton to the point of actually booing the kid at a benefit baseball game this past off season after he took us to the playoffs 4 years in a row....now that we don't have him they are hating on AJ who has started 2 games, winning the first one and taking the leagues #1 defense into overtime in their house in the thin atmosphere. Of course, if AJ can't play due to his left wrist, then he would be wonderful and the hate would go to Wenning.... why do those fans even root for this team. Every game.. all is lost, all is lost... why not go be a Steeler or Raven fan? This is our roster this year, why not cheer for them instead of criticizing them all the time?

While this is true about Bengals fans, I would argue this is the state of fandom today.  Fans of any sport at any level always seem to want the same thing: whatever they can't have at that moment.  I don't believe we're special in this regard.  It just seems more prevalent in our fanbase because we're knee-deep in it on this board. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 12:34 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Marlon, the magician of the Elipses!

I love them my finger gets stuck...............  cause I am so excited!!!!!!!  LOL!!!
Reply/Quote

That's how it is for any fandom. Maualuga had many bad seasons, last year he had a decent one. Tate has had costly mistakes.

If AJ can't go, I don't see that big of a drop off between him and Wenning to be honest. Wenning has better deep ball accuracy, but McCarron has more experience thus far. McCarron is a backup QB who talked about comparing himself and the situation as to Tom Brady and compared himself to Brett Favre. If you compare yourself to the greats before you even get your start, you should be prepared for criticism.

You can cheer for a team but be critical on a player. Or else you are just doing blind homerism. If Wenning has to play, my stance on McCarron doesn't change. He is only viewed as a backup QB to me.

It's not like he's the QB of the future. No. He's the QB of NOW and most likely has to play in the playoffs just for us to get our real QB back.

Sorry that I'm putting so much pressure on a QB that there is so much hype about "living up the pressure".
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What catches?  All of them that were within their catch radius. Ninja   I'm not going to hammer any particular players, but I seem to remember at least 3 very catchable balls in the 2nd half that resulted in non-catches, and killed momentum when we could have potentially put the Broncos away.

We did not lose that game because of aj m missing the snap.He was still trying to win it,and if he had made that snap,aj green would have been open and possible caught a winning TD.Guys who messed up plays was earlier in the game was the cause of our losing,like the d missing on catching their rb for a score.aj green giving up on a sure TD,and on and on.To me, I believe AJ McMAC. HAS done a super job for a rook in the NFL and only having two games.He has been MONEY.Dude is starting this sunday with an almost busted wrist and that has to hurt like hell,but yet he is saying he will play.That has to show his team he is a gamer.We have no other choice but to try and win this game with him.Dalton should be ready for the playoffs,especially if we get a bye and out the number 2 seed.WHAT A SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM VERY PROUD OF THIS TEAM.WITH the schedule we had I had doubts we would make it this far.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 01:44 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That's how it is for any fandom. Maualuga had many bad seasons, last year he had a decent one. Tate has had costly mistakes.

If AJ can't go, I don't see that big of a drop off between him and Wenning to be honest. Wenning has better deep ball accuracy, but McCarron has more experience thus far. McCarron is a backup QB who talked about comparing himself and the situation as to Tom Brady and compared himself to Brett Favre. If you compare yourself to the greats before you even get your start, you should be prepared for criticism.

You can cheer for a team but be critical on a player. Or else you are just doing blind homerism. If Wenning has to play, my stance on McCarron doesn't change. He is only viewed as a backup QB to me.

It's not like he's the QB of the future. No. He's the QB of NOW and most likely has to play in the playoffs just for us to get our real QB back.

Sorry that I'm putting so much pressure on a QB that there is so much hype about "living up the pressure".

Except that he didn't compare himself to Brady or Favre. He said he was put in the same situation as Brady as far as having to be ready to step in, which he was, and he said Favre was his favorite quarterback. Go back and watch the interviews.
Reply/Quote
The definition of compare:
estimate, measure, or note the similarity or dissimilarity between.

He's definitely noting the similarity between himself and Brady's situation. 

Lastly, Coley Harvey's article title (lol) - Which QB would AJ McCarron really want to be compared to? Brett Favre:
http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/20626/bengals-aj-mccarron-brett-favre-tom-brady-qb-really-want-compared-to-2
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 03:35 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The definition of compare:
estimate, measure, or note the similarity or dissimilarity between.

He's definitely noting the similarity between himself and Brady's situation. 

Lastly, Coley Harvey's article title (lol) - Which QB would AJ McCarron really want to be compared to? Brett Favre:
http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/20626/bengals-aj-mccarron-brett-favre-tom-brady-qb-really-want-compared-to-2

And yet once again...comparing one's situation to a situation another person was in is not the same as comparing yourself to that person. It's really not that hard to understand......
As for that article, read the article instead of the headline and you will see exactly what was said does not come close to the headline. Favre is McCarron's favorite QB, and he stated that at the end of his career that is who he would most like to be compared to.....not now!!!! Would you be happier if he said he wanted to be compared to Akili Smith???
Reply/Quote

Sure that guy hangs on to the ball, but makes really boneheaded decisions in the process.

I'd rather see him wave fair-catch, take the knee, or let it bounce into the end zone.

^Supposedly the most exciting plays in football are now reduced to this.^

That's about all I have to say about Brandon Tate.

Do I root for him to succeed?  Absolutely. 

He plays for my team and is better than anyone else they have trotted out there who isn't named Adam Jones.

Which is your whole point.

Yet I want to throw my TV through the window when he acts like an imbecile

Please for the love of God...  next off-season get this team a threat at kick/punt returns and just let go of BT !!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 04:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And yet once again...comparing one's situation to a situation another person was in is not the same as comparing yourself to that person. It's really not that hard to understand......
As for that article, read the article instead of the headline and you will see exactly what was said does not come close to the headline. Favre is McCarron's favorite QB, and he stated that at the end of his career that is who he would most like to be compared to.....not now!!!! Would you be happier if he said he wanted to be compared to Akili Smith???

Huh? I didn't say anything about happy or not who he compared himself to, just that you don't know the definition of a simple word, compare. Hard to teach lessons you should have learned in grade school.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 10:05 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Sure that guy hangs on to the ball, but makes really boneheaded decisions in the process.

I'd rather see him wave fair-catch, take the knee, or let it bounce into the end zone.

^Supposedly the most exciting plays in football are now reduced to this.^

That's about all I have to say about Brandon Tate.

Do I root for him to succeed?  Absolutely. 

He plays for my team and is better than anyone else they have trotted out there who isn't named Adam Jones.

Which is your whole point.

Yet I want to throw my TV through the window when he acts like an imbecile

Please for the love of God...  next off-season get this team a threat at kick/punt returns and just let go of BT !!

Don't try to talk sense to Sled; when one professes their love for Brandon Tate you know they have more than one screw loose or are drunk beyond belief.
Reply/Quote
OP... LOL .... Critical of McCarron hahahaa like Him or Andy gives two craps!! about what any of us really think... Those dudes are winners in my book!!!! more money, jobs, married, family, I have a feeling most of us here work at taco stands!!!!

[Image: craps-2x2-ebab9d3d.jpg]
Reply/Quote

I can't really argue with this too much, except for the Tate argument.  This is exactly how the casual Cincinnati fan acts.  Of course the casual Cincinnati fan still thinks we have a discipline problem and makes comments straight out of 2006 on that topic.  They think Dalton is bad because they only watch prime time and/or playoff games, when he hasn't played up to his abilities.  We know better on here, for the most part.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think everyone would feel better with dalton at qb , but it is prolly not gonna happen .

So why bash the fans who aren't ready to give up on the season and have some faith on ajm? The Denver game was not his fault except for the bobbled snap .

The o line got abused in the 2nd half , Denver turned it on the whole 2nd half . We couldn't run and the few times we did go to pass aj had 3 seconds and was running or had been sacked.

Dalton or not if the line played like it did in 2nd half dalton would not have won the game . Ajm placed a perfect ball that if aj didn't stop running would of scored a td.

It is what it is ajm has had 2 starts without the 2nd best tight end in football, what gives me hope is he doesn't go out there with his tail tucked between his leg .

We lost to the #1 defense in the league . Not like it was a scrub team in the nfl

If the D brings it's A game and our offensive line can hold up I have confidence that we will hang with anyone .
Reply/Quote
I'm not saying ajm is tom brady by any means of the stretch but what do you think patriots fans were saying when they lost Bledsoe during the season , and 6th round tom brady was under center ?

You think they thought they were going to win the superbowl ? I bet alot were like you negative guys and thought he was only back up material , well look at how that has turned out .

Brady didn't light it up but he had a great defense and he wasn't afraid of the moment .
Reply/Quote