Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myles Jack dropping?
Rumors are circulating his knee may keep him from playing for awhile. I think it would be a no brainer for the Bengals at 24.
Reply/Quote
There was a quote on Twitter where he said 3 years is a good career. Not sure we can spend a 1 on a guy for 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 02:35 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Rumors are circulating his knee may keep him from playing for awhile. I think it would be a no brainer for the Bengals at 24.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/28/myles-jack-admits-microfracture-a-possibility-in-future/

he might need microfracture surgery in the future but i believe he will be able to play out the gate.

Question is, is he worth the risk if he slides to 24 id think so but investing a 1st rounder tends to be for someone you want around for a while.

i believe what he said is 3 years in this league is above average.
Reply/Quote
Well it is a fact that the average NFL career is 3.5 years. Microfracture doesn't worry me after watching Verdict come back from it better than ever.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 09:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/28/myles-jack-admits-microfracture-a-possibility-in-future/

he might need microfracture surgery in the future but i believe he will be able to play out the gate.

Question is, is he worth the risk if he slides to 24  id think so but investing a 1st rounder tends to be for someone you want around for a while.

i believe what he said is 3 years in this league is above average.

Fair enough.   I only saw it in passing.   Love the player.   Just depends on what the bengals medical team thinks i suppose.  Burfict and Jack would be criminal.     But problem is both play will.   
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 01:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Fair enough.   I only saw it in passing.   Love the player.   Just depends on what the bengals medical team thinks i suppose.  Burfict and Jack would be criminal.     But problem is both play will.   

If we got Jack he would play Will, and VB would move to MLB imo. They would probably become the best lb duo in the NFL pretty quickly.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 02:41 PM)I cant think of a username Wrote: If we got Jack he would play Will, and VB would move to MLB imo. They would probably become the best lb duo in the NFL pretty quickly.

That would probably be the case in sub package.   In base its hard to move your best player.   They may just put Jack at Sam.   
Reply/Quote
I'm all-in for Jack if he makes it to 24.

Teams are starting to go with 2 LB sets on all downs on defense, with a hybrid LB/S (think Kam Chancellor) who can defend the run and drop back into coverage depending on the play. Burfict and Jack would be incredibly good as LBs in that scheme. Maybe Killebrew or Davis (from Maryland) would be the hybrid. Or Taylor.
Reply/Quote
Sirius NFL reported today that Dr. James Andrews examined Jack and he does not need microfracture surgery.
Reply/Quote