Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please have someone in the Bengals FO read this!
(01-12-2018, 10:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I liked Reid too, but he's played good enough that I think he'll end up getting more in FA than Marqise Lee will.
And given we know how the Bengals always like to reserve money for upcoming internal FAs, I think they'll reserve a decent amount for Dunlap and Atkins just like they reserved for Burfict and Eifert this past year. And yes I realize Eifert wasn't extended, but the money was reserved for that regardless.
Therefore, I believe that if they do look to get a couple key impact FAs, it will be for $8 mill a year or less per player. I think Reid will command more than that plus the Bengals have better safeties than they have WRs, LBs, or OL.

How much would Norwell command you think?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 04:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How much would Norwell command you think?

$9+ mill a year IMO. If a team really considers him a top 5 guard like he was this past year, he'll get over $10 mill. The top 7 highest paid guards in the NFL all make over $10 mill a year right now, and Zeitler's contract last year set the bar even higher.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 04:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: $9+ mill a year IMO. If a team really considers him a top 5 guard like he was this past year, he'll get over $10 mill. The top 7 highest paid guards in the NFL all make over $10 mill a year right now, and Zeitler's contract last year set the bar even higher.

Damn, that pretty much takes him out of the running here. Just would like to free up the draft a bit with an O-lineman.

Andre i don't think really does this with his injury history.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 05:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn, that pretty much takes him out of the running here. Just would like to free up the draft a bit with an O-lineman.

Andre i don't think really does this with his injury history.

The Bengals got a crazy good deal for Boling, who will only count $5.45 mill toward the 2018 cap.
With this constant rising cap, players are constantly setting a new standard for pay. Plus we know how FA works...even if a player isn't necessarily a top-10 player, they will very likely get paid like it by some team because of demand.
With the way interior OL salaries are shooting up, the most fiscal positions are LB, RB, and non-WR1 wide receivers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 05:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals got a crazy good deal for Boling, who will only count $5.45 mill toward the 2018 cap.
With this constant rising cap, players are constantly setting a new standard for pay. Plus we know how FA works...even if a player isn't necessarily a top-10 player, they will very likely get paid like it by some team because of demand.
With the way interior OL salaries are shooting up, the most fiscal positions are LB, RB, and non-WR1 wide receivers.

No doubt, which is why good coaching is so important. Love getting Pollack as i think he can coach up some of our
guys we already have and then we can draft a couple rookies for him to work with. He must of seen something to
come here, i am sure he would of been a hot commodity for lots of teams.

Zac Brown and Marquis Lee sound about right in FA the more i think about it. Luckily Westerman and Redmond
came on and like you said Boling is very affordable for such a versatile player. Guard may not be a need now.

But Center definately is, luckily this draft has some good ones. Ragnow is now my #1 rated Center.
Reply/Quote