Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please stop comparing this season to last season
The Rams are trying to adjust to life without Whitworth on the O-line and the Bengals just cant get it going on O-line.

Agree with Pistons though that scheme may be a major contributing factor here.

But Jonah's regression is alarming as well.

Were we tricked instead of treated ? Well certainly last night and the first two games we were.

Think this team is much better than it is showing, but that is very alarming to see that too. Only seem passionate when things are going well and look lost when not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The Rams are trying to adjust to life without Whitworth on the O-line  and the Bengals just cant get it going on O-line.

Agree with Pistons though that scheme may be a major contributing factor here.

But Jonah's regression is alarming as well.

Were we tricked instead of treated ? Well certainly last night and the first two games we were.

Think this team is much better than it is showing, but that is very alarming to see that too. Only seem passionate when things are going well and look lost when not.

I'll say this. Other teams adjust to what we do much better than we adjust to what they do against us. Well atleast the well coached teams.

Against the Teams like the Jets and Falcons that are depleted or have coaches that just won't run particular schemes, we play well.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'll say this. Other teams adjust to what we do much better than we adjust to what they do against us. Well atleast the well coached teams.

Against the Teams like the Jets and Falcons that are depleted or have coaches that just won't run particular schemes, we play well.

Offensively I agree 100%

Cant really say this about the defense most of the year though. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:09 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I know it feels good to say, "we were in the same spot last year!" but it's not really comparable. It's just not.

Yes, we started slow last year and had roadblocks, but this season is just completely different in more ways than one.

The INJURIES are the biggest difference. This is more sobering than actually taking an L to the Browns. Reader, Chase, and now Chido are significantly injured. Some could be done for the year. That's 3 of your 4 best players.

Another difference - teams know how to beat us and are prepared to beat us. We aren't "sneaking up" on anyone this year. Explosive plays are down significantly. This is a problem.

And finally - the divisional record/schedule. 0-3 in the division is a REALLY bad spot to be in. We were at least 2-1 in the division last year before we made our run.

I am not trying to be a downer, but the glimmer of hope should not be "hey we did it last year, we can do it again!" because it's really not that simple.

I will compare this season to last season cause they are very comparable so far. Same thing I was hoping last year is what I 
am hoping once again, the youth to learn in Zac and the young coaches and the young players. It is just even more-so this 
year with Chido now out and our rookies have to learn in Dax and CTB. We have pretty much the same record.

My biggest concern is the failure to adapt in this last game, the coaching, but just like last year I have to hope that Zac learns
cause he isn't an old dog and can learn new tricks. He did last season, hope he does again this season.

He will have to, the last part of our schedule is brutal, this could be the loss we needed, who knows. I have to be positive.

Football is supposed to be fun, not going all doom and gloom after one loss where everything went wrong for us and every
thing went right for the other team. Shit, last season it was even worse when we lost to the Browns in the first game. DJ 
will be back and same with Chase. Logan is back and played very well last night.
Reply/Quote