Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pledgi mock 2.0
In this scenario, I trade down a few picks in the second and pick up an extra early third rounder.

Rd 1 Burrow-QB-LSU-No explanation necessary
Rd 2 Isaiah Wilson-T-Georgia-still a bit raw, but with huge upside at RT to replace Bobby Hart.
Rd 3 Akeem Davis-Gaither-LB-Appalachian St-a versatile and athletic LB who can rush the passer or cover TEs and RBs
Rd 3b Tyler Biadasz-G/C-Wisconsin-Can push for an immediate starting role at all three interior positions or backup all three.
Rd 4 Jacob Phillips-LB-LSU-The more productive, but less heralded LSU inside linebacker (Queen)
Rd 5 Thaddeus Moss-TE-LSU-one of Burrow's three most important receivers for familiarity and a replacement for Eifert.
Rd 6 Quez Watkins-WR-Southern Miss-just slightly slower than Ross (4.35), but with bigger size and catch radius as a possible replacement if Ross isn't re-signed next year.
Rd7 Tanner Muse-S-Clemson-A strong safety/tweener type with great speed who can replace Fejelem on ST.
Reply/Quote
Each player you have taken between the 2nd round and 5th round is about a round early, considering our pick is at the beginning of each round (ADG is a 3rd to 4th round player, for example, whereas our 3rd round pick is essentially a 2nd round pick).

With that said, it does fill basically every need we have, so it's hard to really feel bad about each pick being a round early. I really like Wilson, Davis-Gaither, Biadasz, Phillips and Moss as players and each fills a significant role in this team. I've mocked them each to the Bengals at one point or another (just never in the round that you did).

Just imagine if we dropped Tee Higgins in at 33 and moved each of those players down a round Big Grin. That would be a killer draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 04:32 AM)pledgi Wrote: In this scenario, I trade down a few picks in the second and pick up an extra early third rounder.  

Rd 1 Burrow-QB-LSU-No explanation necessary
Rd 2 Isaiah Wilson-T-Georgia-still a bit raw, but with huge upside at RT to replace Bobby Hart.
Rd 3 Akeem Davis-Gaither-LB-Appalachian St-a versatile and athletic LB who can rush the passer or cover TEs and RBs
Rd 3b Tyler Biadasz-G/C-Wisconsin-Can push for an immediate starting role at all three interior positions or backup all three.
Rd 4 Jacob Phillips-LB-LSU-The more productive, but less heralded LSU inside linebacker (Queen)
Rd 5 Thaddeus Moss-TE-LSU-one of Burrow's three most important receivers for familiarity and a replacement for Eifert.
Rd 6 Quez Watkins-WR-Southern Miss-just slightly slower than Ross (4.35), but with bigger size and catch radius as a possible replacement if Ross isn't re-signed next year.  
Rd7  Tanner Muse-S-Clemson-A strong safety/tweener type with great speed who can replace Fejelem on ST.
Good draft haul. Do you think Wilson would take Hart's job in yr 1 or next year?
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 10:52 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Good draft haul. Do you think Wilson would take Hart's job in yr 1 or next year?
WhoDey2 I like most of it too! Personally, I don't think it will be Hart's job to lose. I think a high round OT will have to push Fred Johnson for playing time... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really like this draft, but the one guy that I'd rather see is Niang over Wilson. I feel like Niang can come in and take Hart's job early in the season. Wilson is much more a work in progress. I
Reply/Quote