Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pledgi post FA day 2 mock
It's nice to see the Bengals finally start to spend in FA! Given the signings so far I'm optimistic that our Bengals have finally jumped into the 21st century. For this mock, I anticipate that Dalton will be traded for a 3rd round pick. I also would trade back a few spots in the second round and pick up an extra third unless somehow Delpit or Murray fall out of day 1. Here's what I'm thinking:

Rd1 Joe Burrow-QB-LSU
Rd2 Isaiah Wilson-T-Georgia-instant upgrade over Bobbie (falst) Hart and a mauler in the run game.
Rd3 Antoine Winfield-S-Minnesota-a turnover machine to pair with Jessie Bates and allowing Shawn Williams to play a more hybrid LB/S role
Rd3b Troy Dye-LB-Oregon-The coverage LB we've been so desperately needing all these years.
Rd3c Jordyn Brooks LB-Texas Tech-The middle linebacker with great athleticism we've longed for since Odell Thurman started drinking
Rd 4 Darnay Holmes-CB-UCLA-a great coverage slot corner and returner who could bounce Phillips outside especially if DK is let go.
Rd 5 Solomon Kindley-G-Georgia-Another big mauler who played next to Wilson on the best run blocking line in CFB.
Rd 6 Logan Wilson-LB-Wyoming- Yes I did triple up on LB! We need talented bodies to kick dead weight like Nickerson to the curb.
Rd 7 Trey Adams-T-Washington-This kid has fallen so far due to injury and measurable, but he always seems to perform when he's on the field. Definitely worth a flier as a project/backup tackle.

UDFA Stephen Sullivan-TE-LSU big all-around tight end who could be a steal given his familiarity with Burrow.
UDFA Shyheim Carter-S/CB Alabama- A tweener who would be a solid special-teamer and versatile backup.
Reply/Quote
Over all, pretty damn nice!
Reply/Quote
Okay, this kicks ass! Smirk
Reply/Quote
Thanks guys. I've been mulling that one over for months.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:29 PM)pledgi Wrote: Thanks guys.  I've been mulling that one over for months.

I like how you waited till FA. Sometimes I get too anxious as most of us do.

This is a great mock Pledgi.

I do want a TE like Deguara or Moss though as I think Eifert is not the same.

Check out my mock as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:24 AM)pledgi Wrote: It's nice to see the Bengals finally start to spend in FA!  Given the signings so far I'm optimistic that our Bengals have finally jumped into the 21st century.  For this mock, I anticipate that Dalton will be traded for a 3rd round pick.  I also would trade back a few spots in the second round and pick up an extra third unless somehow Delpit or Murray fall out of day 1.  Here's what I'm thinking:

Rd1 Joe Burrow-QB-LSU
Rd2 Isaiah Wilson-T-Georgia-instant upgrade over Bobbie (falst) Hart and a mauler in the run game.
Rd3 Antoine Winfield-S-Minnesota-a turnover machine to pair with Jessie Bates and allowing Shawn Williams to play a more hybrid LB/S role
Rd3b Troy Dye-LB-Oregon-The coverage LB we've been so desperately needing all these years.
Rd3c Jordyn Brooks LB-Texas Tech-The middle linebacker with great athleticism we've longed for since Odell Thurman started drinking
Rd 4 Darnay Holmes-CB-UCLA-a great coverage slot corner and returner who could bounce Phillips outside especially if DK is let go.
Rd 5 Solomon Kindley-G-Georgia-Another big mauler who played next to Wilson on the best run blocking line in CFB.
Rd 6 Logan Wilson-LB-Wyoming- Yes I did triple up on LB!  We need talented bodies to kick dead weight like Nickerson to the curb.
Rd 7 Trey Adams-T-Washington-This kid has fallen so far due to injury and measurable, but he always seems to perform when he's on the field.  Definitely worth a flier as a project/backup tackle.

UDFA Stephen Sullivan-TE-LSU big all-around tight end who could be a steal given his familiarity with Burrow.  
UDFA Shyheim Carter-S/CB Alabama- A tweener who would be a solid special-teamer and versatile backup.

I'm a big fan of getting Darnay Holmes in the 4th and also very keen on the idea of exploiting Joe Burrow to sell us to priority UDFAs.
Reply/Quote
Nice work! Hits all our needs. I don't think we actually end up with three 3rd rounders though. Maybe two 3rds and two 4ths at best.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote