Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US mission in Niger was not approved
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/376912-deadly-us-mission-in-niger-lacked-approval-report?__twitter_impression=true

i cant even lie and say im shocked
People suck
(03-06-2018, 02:48 PM)Griever Wrote: http://thehill.com/policy/defense/376912-deadly-us-mission-in-niger-lacked-approval-report?__twitter_impression=true

i cant even lie and say im shocked

You can't lie and say you are shocked because.....?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-07-2018, 10:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You can't lie and say you are shocked because.....?

because stupid shit like this is par for the course with the way this admin "runs" things
People suck
(03-07-2018, 11:13 AM)Griever Wrote: because stupid shit like this is par for the course with the way this admin "runs" things

I don't see how this has anything to do with that. Soldiers saw an opportunity and went outside the chain of command to try and get a guy.
(03-07-2018, 11:13 AM)Griever Wrote: because stupid shit like this is par for the course with the way this admin "runs" things

It has nothing to do with the admin.  There are longer stories about it on other sites.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-07-2018, 11:59 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It has nothing to do with the admin.  There are longer stories about it on other sites.

well fair enough, i'll look for them. thanks
People suck
(03-07-2018, 12:28 PM)Griever Wrote: well fair enough, i'll look for them. thanks

It was certainly a mistake. Those units were in Niger to achieve US foreign policy goals, and their actions should require prior risk assessment from higher ups who understand those goals and can assess potential negative consequences.

But since the unit involved appeared to act on its own initiative, in fact deceiving their own command, it is not clear that they would not have done the same under Obama or Bush.  Or how Trump could be responsible.

MAYBE they felt licensed to do that by Trump's loosening rules of engagement theater-wide. But short of a confession there could be no proof.