Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PnR New Years Resolution
I resolve to be less argumentative with my Liberal friends. My "safe word" is Cotton Candy. Anytime I feel that the conversation has turned personal, I will say "Cotton Candy" and try to stay focused on the topic.

What do you have to make PnR a better place for 2020? (suggestions of banning bfine will be met with Cotton Candy.)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I am trying to refrain from speaking in generalizations and also preface things with "I believe" or "to me it seems like".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Im going to vote for a better president in 2020. If we start there and get one who doesn't lead with hate, fear, and lies who brings some dignity back to the executive branch. I think the extreme partisanship will settle down a bit.
(12-31-2019, 04:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Im going to vote for a better president in 2020. If we start there and get one who doesn't lead with hate, fear, and lies who brings some dignity back to the executive branch. I think the extreme partisanship will settle down a bit.

I'd expect nothing less than for you to bring Trump into a discussion that has 0 to do with Trump. You should charge him rent for the space in your head he constantly occupies

......Hey, I still got a few hours....

(12-31-2019, 04:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Im going to vote for a better president in 2020. If we start there and get one who doesn't lead with hate, fear, and lies who brings some dignity back to the executive branch. I think the extreme partisanship will settle down a bit.

(12-31-2019, 04:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd expect nothing less than for you to bring Trump into a discussion that has 0 to do with Trump. You should charge him rent for the space in your head he constantly occupies

......Hey, I still got a few hours....

POTUS is always relevant to PnR. I could make the following resolutions:

“I will make less Trump threads”

“I will be less critical of Trump”

“I will defend Trump less”

I’m sure all of them are relevant to the discussion.

Where I think NATI’s resolution is flawed is that his resolution doesn’t actually directly impact PnR or his behavior here, it would potentially have an indirect impact at most. NATI, what are you going to do differently in your role as a frequent PnR contributor?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I plan to drink more.
(12-31-2019, 07:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: POTUS is always relevant to PnR. I could make the following resolutions:

“I will make less Trump threads”

“I will be less critical of Trump”

“I will defend Trump less”

I’m sure all of them are relevant to the discussion.

Where I think NATI’s resolution is flawed is that his resolution doesn’t actually directly impact PnR or his behavior here, it would potentially have an indirect impact at most. NATI, what are you going to do differently in your role as a frequent PnR contributor?

As a very stable genius I don't intend to change. Some say I have the best political mind. 

Others say my greatest contribution to change in 2020 will probably be to have sarcasm that even the most hardcore trumpets could understand.
Honestly, my resolution will probably be to spend less time on here. This place gets pretty toxic and I'm pretty irritated with politics in general as of late. I'd rather keep any focus I have on this stuff in the realm of local and state policies and ways to make things happen (or prevent them from happening) in our General Assembly. Between my job, classes, and my volunteer work (with Scouting, a local non-profit, and a couple of interest groups I do some policy work for) I will ave just enough time to spend time with family and fit some fishing in. Plus I got a dog a couple of weeks ago and she loves sitting in my lap while reading and going for hikes with my wife and I. That's a much healthier way to spend time, both mentally and physically.

Anyway, enjoy some doggo pictures. Happy New Year.
[Image: CGji4Cx.jpg]
[Image: pM6pW7D.jpg]
[Image: mbtBE0S.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I'm newly retired from past June and I want to do a few leisure type activities. One thing I've always wanted to do was go to Jack's tournament up in Columbus...the Memorial...and watch Tiger and Rory play. I'm going to get a ticket.
My PnR New Years Resolution: Spend more time in the Bengals related sections of this message board (as, ideally, they'll be worth talking about in 2020.) 2020 is going to be an ugly year in American politics and I kind of hope I can disconnect from it a little bit more than I did in 2019. Occupying my mind with these kinds of things can be detrimental to my health.
I'm with Bels and Crazyjdawg. I've already curbed my participation here quite a bit, as snark and trolling pretty much reign supreme here.

I guess my resolution would be to participate in threads of actual substance, and not allow myself to participate in the snark and trolliness that has marred PnR for too long.
(01-01-2020, 12:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, my resolution will probably be to spend less time on here. This place gets pretty toxic and I'm pretty irritated with politics in general as of late. 

(01-01-2020, 06:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: .) 2020 is going to be an ugly year in American politics and I kind of hope I can disconnect from it a little bit more than I did in 2019. Occupying your mind with these kinds of things can be detrimental to my health.

(01-02-2020, 12:14 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm with Bels and Crazyjdawg. I've already curbed my participation here quite a bit, as snark and trolling pretty much reign supreme here.

I get the desire to be aloof, but the question posed was: What are you going to do to make PnR a better place. Seems kind of self-deprecating to suggest you're going to make it better by being around less. You guys really aren't that bad.  

(01-02-2020, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I get the desire to be aloof, but the question posed was: What are you going to do to make PnR a better place. Seems kind of self-deprecating to suggest you're going to make it better by being around less. You guys really aren't that bad.  

Those guys being here less will make it better.  Hilarious
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-31-2019, 07:16 PM)hollodero Wrote: I plan to drink more.

You can sit around and drink beer or whatever while looking at the freaking Alps.  (Yes I assume everyone is Austria can see the mountains.)  You should be at total peace.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-02-2020, 10:48 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You can sit around and drink beer or whatever while looking at the freaking Alps.  (Yes I assume everyone is Austria can see the mountains.)  You should be at total peace.

But I hate the freaking Alps. They are steep. They block traffic. You know what comes down there in winter? Avalanches. You know what comes down there in summer? Also, avalanches. These things make dinner uncomfortable. Also, the Alps are full of German tourists. They're like Alps lice. Every avalanche contains around 15% snow, 15% mud and 70% German biomass. When we dig them out, they complain that "for all the money they bring here, they'd really expect some more rapid and tender digging". Everything is awful there. The Alps are only fine from a distance. Once you get to know them though... I need a drink.
(01-02-2020, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I get the desire to be aloof, but the question posed was: What are you going to do to make PnR a better place. Seems kind of self-deprecating to suggest you're going to make it better by being around less. You guys really aren't that bad.  

PnR being a better place is a matter of perspective. My not being around as much means that my perception of PnR is bettered as I will be ignorant of the goings on that inevitably would exacerbate me were I to be regularly posting.

Just trying to justify my answer. LOL

(01-02-2020, 11:59 AM)hollodero Wrote: But I hate the freaking Alps. They are steep. They block traffic. You know what comes down there in winter? Avalanches. You know what comes down there in summer? Also, avalanches. These things make dinner uncomfortable. Also, the Alps are full of German tourists. They're like Alps lice. Every avalanche contains around 15% snow, 15% mud and 70% German biomass. When we dig them out, they complain that "for all the money they bring here, they'd really expect some more rapid and tender digging". Everything is awful there. The Alps are only fine from a distance. Once you get to know them though... I need a drink.

See, I love the mountains and would love to enjoy the Alps at some point in my life. That being said, I can totally understand this sentiment. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-02-2020, 11:59 AM)hollodero Wrote: But I hate the freaking Alps. They are steep. They block traffic. You know what comes down there in winter? Avalanches. You know what comes down there in summer? Also, avalanches. These things make dinner uncomfortable. Also, the Alps are full of German tourists. They're like Alps lice. Every avalanche contains around 15% snow, 15% mud and 70% German biomass. When we dig them out, they complain that "for all the money they bring here, they'd really expect some more rapid and tender digging". Everything is awful there. The Alps are only fine from a distance. Once you get to know them though... I need a drink.
Hilarious

Well at least they speak the language.  I'd do all that stupid shit and expect you to speak to me in English.  Well not really.  I wouldn't be caught in an avalanche.  Those monsters are for looking at.  

So you guys are going to spend LESS time here during a Presidential election year?

LOL

Personally I am going to do my part by continuing to dominate. People claim they hate dynasties, but the rating go up when the Yankees or Patriots are on.
(01-02-2020, 01:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you guys are going to spend LESS time here during a Presidential election year?

LOL

Personally I am going to do my part by continuing to dominate.  People claim they hate dynasties, but the rating go up when the Yankees or Patriots are on.

So you're going to do your part to continue the Trump dynasty? I knew it.

(01-02-2020, 12:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: See, I love the mountains and would love to enjoy the Alps at some point in my life.

Sure, many people do. I understand. Also, our economy is pretty much based on that fact, on that and on Red Bull.

In reality, I'm probably just bitter because I really suck at skiing.

(01-02-2020, 12:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well at least they speak the language.

Yeah, they do. And they say bad things about me at night. If one gets really close and listens really, really carefully in total silence, one can still not hear those sly bastards. But I just know they do.

And this is all just the tip of the Alpsberg, I haven't even mentioned those spooky Tyrolean villages where everyone is named "Oberkatzlbrunner" because they didn't make it out of their dark valley into the next dark valley for centuries. Where you can meet father, brother, uncle and cousin and it's the same stuttering person. Kind of like Kentucky. But I digress and I guess I don't make this forum better for it. So, /Alps.