Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pocketknives
(06-17-2016, 11:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like it would be more efficient than the straight blade ones, like they sell at the Survey Equipment shops.  Saw for $154, on Amazon.  Is that a typical price?

Edit:  NVM, I went to the coldsteel site, found a nice one, 2.8 mm blade thickness, for $42.

I've never used a bush axe, but a kurki can do the job of a machete and a hatchet and @ $42 it's worth it.
Reply/Quote
I carry this: Spyderco Rescue

[Image: eae875457814389386b1667e6200f082.jpg]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I never go anywhere without my old timer or a lighter. Growing up my dad always told me you never know when you're going to need a knife or fire.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: BenchmadeAFOIIAuto9051SBK.jpg]
Wallet, keys, phone, Benchmade. Ready. 
Reply/Quote
My current side kick. 

[Image: 20160619_130003_zpsglndwdpu.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2016, 01:42 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: [Image: BenchmadeAFOIIAuto9051SBK.jpg]
Wallet, keys, phone, Benchmade. Ready. 

*boom*

I was wondering who would be the first to post a Benchmade.
Nice !
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2016, 03:52 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: *boom*

I was wondering who would be the first to post a Benchmade.
Nice !

I'm not sure, but the one I have might be illegal to carry. I got it while in the Marines and in order to buy the one I carry you have to be military or law enforcement personnel. It's spring loaded.  I have another Benchmade that anybody can buy. 
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2016, 06:33 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I'm not sure, but the one I have might be illegal to carry. I got it while in the Marines and in order to buy the one I carry you have to be military or law enforcement personnel. It's spring loaded.  I have another Benchmade that anybody can buy. 

Depends on the state. Fed law makes some allowances and leaves it primarily up to the state (apart from interstate transactions, federal land, and USPS) so your ability to carry/possess such a knife is dependent upon state law. Me, completely illegal.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 11:23 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: When I can justify it, this is my next knife purchase: [Image: 41APqZxVGML.jpg]

Also, this is the multi-tool I carry around:
[Image: 300154b0af401a23320f8ba8821ab0c8.jpg]

Nice....really like your Leatherman set.  I have a Gerber multi tool that I keep in the glove box.  However, I keep a set of cheap tools in my work beater, and have a large toolbox I take on every road trip, so I really don't have a use for it outside of the glove box of my truck. I grab it if we go hiking, but now that we have young kids, we don't hike like we used to.  When they get a little older, the hikes might pick back up.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 07:05 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I have a Gerber multi-tool that I usually keep handy. More like a Swiss Army Knife on Steroids.

[Image: gerber-multi-tool-5142721-pliers-knife-s...d4abf4.jpg]

(06-17-2016, 11:23 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Also, this is the multi-tool I carry around:
[Image: 300154b0af401a23320f8ba8821ab0c8.jpg]

Due to the lack of a corkscrew both of these are useless.
Reply/Quote
Cheap little Imperial 4 blade deal from Amazon , but it's razor sharp and comes in darn handy almost every day and I wear an old Invicta watch..(well not that old).. I feel naked without my watch and pocket knife..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Any of you carry a pocket knife.  My dad and many of his friends always did.  In fact they were very much into "knife trading".  They talked about pocket knives the same way many men today talk about their watches.

The courthouse where my dad grew up (Jackson Kentucky) had to make a rule against whittling because the sidewalks were getting covered in shavings from old men gathering and shooting the shit while they whittled.

My dad was pretty good at whittling.  He carved pistol grips, knife and tool handles, and many other items from wood.  If we were hanging out in the woods he would often cut a thin sprout or branch and whittle on it just to pass the time as we talked.

Have to carry a knife in my lines of work, have to. Everything from Landscaping, Construction to pretty much Ranching.

Love the Buck, Schrade knives and also carry a leatherman some of the time but it can be uncomfortable...

Not much of a whittler, just have to have one no matter what i am doing day to day.
Reply/Quote