Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Podcast on gun control
I've shared a few episodes of Revisionist History in the past when the subject matter here crossed with an episode.

Currently the host, Malcolm Gladwell is doing a six part series on guns and gun control.  He is Canadian and liberal.

This is the third episode and I thought that poster here on both sides of the issue would find it enlightening.  

Overall the entire series has been pretty good IMHO but this episode made me think more about the issues and how it is approached.

I'm going to share the YouTube link in case anyone just wants to give it a try here:

Quote:Malcolm goes to a shooting range in the woods of North Carolina to get a tutorial on the AR-15. It’s scary. It’s ugly. It’s at the center of the gun control debate. But what exactly makes it worse than other guns?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
As I am required by law to respond to these types of threads I put this episode on while I did some work. Not having a lot of experience with Gladwell outside his horrific Munk Debate performance I did not have high expectations. I will say, he made what appeared to be an honest attempt to discuss this, some minor falsehoods aside. I did appreciate his calling out the obvious, and deliberate, lies of the gun control group and the historical fact that they chose the AR as a target for banning as they could lie to the public about its capabilities.

His conclusion is rather interesting, that gun laws should either cover all guns or none. Which is, of course, directly in violation of the 2A.
Reply/Quote
Gun Control = Hitting your responsibly chosen target Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Forgive me for bumping this thread, but I believe this is an interesting microcosm of this board as a whole. Dino posted a thread about a volatile topic, but his source was actually fair and measured. The response generated was thus also fair and measured. Consequently, the thread got no traction at all and wasn't even revisited by OP. I guess we only really care about a thread if we can argue with each other in it.
Reply/Quote