Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Podcast with DJ Reader post injury

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That's the most relaxed and open that I've seen DJ in an interview. You can tell that he has a good relationship with Brennan Scarlett. DJ is usually a bit more guarded or short with his answers, kind of in a reluctant '''Yyyyyyeah, I guess I'll do your podcast.''
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
What did he say about the injury and recovery? Think he'll be back next year?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 08:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What did he say about the injury and recovery? Think he'll be back next year?

If we use the tag I’d use it on Tee or Reader

Perfect world we sign one long term and tag the other

If we are going full rebuild i could see both being gone and us signing a bunch of other guys to build a new identity

I think the team identity that will win a Super Bowl is a defense 1st, spread offense type offense.

We need to transform our WR position to fit Burrows skills. I’d even contemplate keeping Boyd AND signing ANOTHER GOOD slot WR to really open up those empty and spread formations.

If that means Jones just gets more PT and we don’t actually sign anyone fine, i love Charlie.

We need to build a roster that fits Joe and the coaches
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 11:21 PM)Housh Wrote: If we use the tag I’d use it on Tee or Reader

If we are going full rebuild i could see both being gone and us signing a bunch of other guys to build a new identity

I think the team identity that will win a Super Bowl is a defense 1st, spread offense type offense.

We need to transform our WR position to fit Burrows skills. I’d even contemplate keeping Boyd AND signing ANOTHER GOOD slot WR to really open up those empty and spread formations.

If that means Jones just gets more PT and we don’t actually sign anyone fine, i love Charlie.

We need to build a roster that fits Joe and the coaches

I think you need to use the tag on Tee and then trade him. Letting him walk for a 2025 3rd round comp pick would be brutal. Keeping him long term just doesn't really make sense as the money needed to keep him (likely at least $25m/yr) could get you two good productive good players at a less financially expensive position ($25m/yr would put you only like $1.75m/yr shy of a top-5 paid TE and a top-5 paid C combined right now just as an example). Then you could get likely a high 2024 2nd round pick in return for Tee on top of that.

The franchise tag for Reader would be about $20m and he has been on the IR 3 times in his 4 years as a Bengal. He also wasn't the same run stopping force in 2023 as he had been in the past, and he's going into his age 30 season. He also likely won't be 100% to start 2024.

- - - - - - 

If we wanted to be a defense first team, we probably shouldn't have the highest paid QB in the league, but we do. Lol

Also I don't think we can ever be a defense first team with Lou as the DC. His defenses just allow way too many yards and don't seem to find any ways to help generate pressure. Even last year with both of the safeties here, which is being blamed for the bad defense this year, they were the 16th overall and 23rd ranked pass defense while being 20th on 3rd down and 29th in sacks.

- - - - - -

If you want to do some offense skill player changes, give me Gabe Davis at WR (projected $12m/yr) to open it up underneath for Dalton Schultz (projected $11m/yr) and Hunter Henry (projected $6m/yr) to feast and go 2 WR, 2 TE, and a RB (2024 2nd round pick and Chase Brown). A pair of 6'5" TEs rather than slot receivers and also keeps us from showing our hand too much as we can run it with 2 TEs as well. The money stretches so much further that way.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 11:21 PM)Housh Wrote: If we use the tag I’d use it on Tee or Reader

Tag DJ?  He may not be ready by spring training and you want to tag him in February, early March?  For 20m?

I seriously doubt we would tag him if he was fully healthy.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 12:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Tag DJ?  He may not be ready by spring training and you want to tag him in February, early March?  For 20m?

Maybe this injury is a help?

Hate to say it but i was thinking Reader was gone. If this injury opens the door to a 1 year cheap deal I’d be all for it.

1 year deal, if he comes back healthy cool if not, who cares? It was only a 1 year deal
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 01:20 PM)Housh Wrote: Maybe this injury is a help?

Hate to say it but i was thinking Reader was gone. If this injury opens the door to a 1 year cheap deal I’d be all for it.

1 year deal, if he comes back healthy cool if not, who cares? It was only a 1 year deal

This makes much more sense than a tag.  I hope he can recover, this injury has ended careers.  His value has certainly dropped, be great if he can get healthy enough for next year and we keep him on a friendly deal for sure.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 12:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Tag DJ?  He may not be ready by spring training and you want to tag him in February, early March?  For 20m?

Yeah. No way. You only tag defensive lineman that produce sacks.
Reply/Quote
If KC is going to get Higgins, we might as well get a 2nd rounder for it.
Reply/Quote