Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Points on offense by qtr. thru 1st half of season
(10-29-2019, 01:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Total snap count for the Bengals on the season 550. So....you're off.

Punts don't count as offensive plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 08:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 1st qtr. = 16 we have 1 first qtr. TD 49ers game. We've scored 3 points or less in 7 games, 3 goose eggs !

2nd qtr. = 40 24 of those points cam in two games, Seattle when it looked like we had an NFL team and Rams. The other 6 games we've scored 16.

We have 5 first half TD's halfway thru the season ! And again two of those came in the first game.

3rd qtr. = 13 one TD Bills and 2 FG's in 8 games ! We've been shutout in 5 games in the 3rd qtr.

4th qtr. = garbage points  in games already decided.

In the last 7 games since we fell off the cliff after Seattle we've scored 52 points thru the first 3 qtrs. One more point than the 49ers scored yesterday against the Panthers. That's an average of 2.4 points for those 21 qtrs.

Yes the defense sucks but the offense sucks even more !

Makes Lazor look like history's greatest game caller.

This new HC needs to go and today would not be soon enough.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Punts don't count as offensive plays.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2019-snap-counts.htm

Andy Dalron 100% offensive snaps 550.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 01:10 PM)Synric Wrote: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2019-snap-counts.htm

So Offensive snaps 550

From the same source Bates has played 548 defensive snaps, which is 99.28%, which would work out as 552 snaps for the defense.

So D have only played 2 more snaps than O?

And a fair number of them for the D will be when the O is in victory formation, meaning that the O is likely to have outsnapped the D this season?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 01:21 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: So Offensive snaps 550

From the same source Bates has played 548 defensive snaps, which is 99.28%, which would work out as 552 snaps for the defense.

So D have only played 2 more snaps than O?

And a fair number of them for the D will be when the O is in victory formation, meaning that the O is likely to have outsnapped the D this season?

Andy how much of that is 4th quarter down by 2 scores and defenses playing prevent?

Look the offense has not sustained drives this season. They have very rarely had a lead and have yet to control a football game. The NFL is geared more toward the offense and highlights. 

How many games this season have the Bengals offense not done anything in the first half only to score when down by a couple possessions at the end of a game? 

Fact is the offense has not controlled a game. The defense has actually put them into football games where the offense has what once?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 01:10 PM)Synric Wrote: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2019-snap-counts.htm

Andy Dalron, Quartersnack for the Cincinnabbi Negals  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 01:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Andy how much of that is 4th quarter down by 2 scores and defenses playing prevent?

Look the offense has not sustained drives this season. They have very rarely had a lead and have yet to control a football game. The NFL is geared more toward the offense and highlights. 

How many games this season have the Bengals offense not done anything in the first half only to score when down by a couple possessions at the end of a game? 

Fact is the offense has not controlled a game. The defense has actually put them into football games where the offense has what once?

Exactly !

We're 29th in the NFL in scoring per game at 15.5 points, barely over two TD's per game ! There's only been a handful of defenses in NFL history that can hold the opposing offense under two TD's a game.

Since the Seattle game this offense has scored 4 TD's total thru the first 3 qtrs. - 7 games ! 

Does the defense suck ? absolutely

But the real reason we can't win is because our offense can't dictate anything. We can't force teams out of their comfort zone, at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 01:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly !

We're 29th in the NFL in scoring per game at 15.5 points, barely over two TD's per game ! There's only been a handful of defenses in NFL history that can hold the opposing offense under two TD's a game.

Since the Seattle game this offense has scored 4 TD's total thru the first 3 qtrs. - 7 games ! 

Does the defense suck ? absolutely

But the real reason we can't win is because our offense can't dictate anything. We can't force teams out of their comfort zone, at all.

The funny thing is during the 2nd quarter vs the Rams, they called several good plays in a row and kept the Rams off-balance and scored. We could even run the ball.

It's been few and far between though for those sequences.
Reply/Quote

Then that must include penalties.

Every source I see ranking offenses has the Bengals at 517 offensive snaps
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 01:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Fact is the offense has not controlled a game. The defense has actually put them into football games where the offense has what once?

You have to be kidding.

In three of our 8 losses the offense has given the defense a lead in the fourth quarter and the defense blew it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 01:26 PM)Synric Wrote: How many games this season have the Bengals offense not done anything in the first half only to score when down by a couple possessions at the end of a game? 

Our first half scoring offense is ranked higher than our first half scoring defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our first half scoring offense is ranked higher than our first half scoring defense.

Let's put it how you can understand.

The Bengals have allowed 26.3 points per game which ranks them 23rd. They are averaging 15.5 points scored per game which ranks them 29th.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:27 PM)Synric Wrote: Let's put it how you can understand.

The Bengals have allowed 26.3 points per game which ranks them 23rd. They are averaging 15.5 points scored per game which ranks them 29th.

They both suck. But I want to know which 3 teams are worse at scoring than us?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 03:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: They both suck. But I want to know which 3 teams are worse at scoring than us?

Skins Jets Fins.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:27 PM)Synric Wrote: Let's put it how you can understand.

Let me put this in a way you can understand.  I have never said the offense is not bad.  What I have called silly is blaming the defene's problems on the offense.  Like this.  .  .  

(10-29-2019, 12:19 PM)Synric Wrote: The defense has been better than the offense. 

Of course the "yards" given up are high when they are always on the field.

This isnt to say the defense has been great it hasn't but the offense is putting alot of pressure on them.

(10-29-2019, 01:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Fact is the offense has not controlled a game. The defense has actually put them into football games where the offense has what once?

Fact is that the defense is on the filed all the time because they can't stop anyone. They are not just dead last in yards allowed.  They are also dead last in yards allowed per play. It is not because they wear down from lack of production from the offense.  It is not because they the offense is putting a lot of pressure on them.  It is because they suck.

Our offense has ran the 6th most plays in the league and they have given the defense a lead in the fourth quarter 3 times.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 03:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Let me put this in a way you can understand.  I have never said the offense is not bad.  What I have called silly is blaming the defene's problems on the offense.  Like this.  .  .  

Fact is that the defense is on the filed all the time because they can't stop anyone. They are not just dead last in yards allowed.  They are also dead last in yards allowed per play. It is not because they wear down from lack of production from the offense.  It is not because they the offense is putting a lot of pressure on them.  It is because they suck.

Our offense has ran the 6th most plays in the league and they have given the defense a lead in the fourth quarter 3 times.

15.5 points per game...15.5...29th ranked. 26.3 points allowed 23rd.

Defense Better than Offense.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 12:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ken Whisenhunt just got fired. maybe we should bring an adult into the coaches room.

LOL. Nice sig adjust with the paint skillz. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 01:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Andy Dalron, Quartersnack for the Cincinnabbi Negals  Mellow

Dalron hatter!!!!! 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then that must include penalties.

Every source I see ranking offenses has the Bengals at 517 offensive snaps

It is 550 total. When you subtract the accepted penalties, i counted 516 but people were talking to me and i was scrolling as i counted...so you are right about the total number of actual plays, minus penalties.

EDIT: I just re-counted. 550 plays minus 32 accepted penalties = 518.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 12:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Where do we rank in the league on 3 and outs?

Now THIS is the scariest question appropriate for Halloween. Hilarious
Reply/Quote