Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashlight crazy randomness..
Perhaps I'm the only person to notice this, but has the world gone absolutely flashlight insane lately? Is the world really so dark and dim that we all need some dizzying array of waterproof, $75 tactical flashlights that can double as a weapon to beat would be assailants into submission? Not only are they bright enough to land aircraft in jungles at night, but they can be focused to pinpoint accuracy all for the low, low price of thousands.. Hey, every cop on the beat carries one! 
it seems that nearly every store now carries a few huge flashlight displays with some even having multiple displays with lighting devices ranging from button sized to gigantic baseball bat sized and everything in between and they seem to imply to us that death is lurking around every dark corner and our only defense is a $750 flashlight that will not only float in hurricane strength waves, but will also jerk you off in your dark hours of despair.. 
Myself? I like hanging out in, quiet and peaceful dark alleyways at night. Most thieves and muggers, rapists and murderers are too busy hanging out somewhere else and I DON'T carry my tactical flashlight with me and I don't have Alex Redmond with me either..  Smirk
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think it is just new cheap technology being aggressively marketed.  I just hope that my flashlight is turned on when it gets frozen in that 2 foot cube of ice.  Otherwise it will be useless.

All I know is the flashlight on the forehead was one of the best new items in recent time.  It is one of those things that is so simple and obvious I don't know why it took so long for someone to come up with that idea.
Reply/Quote