Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poking The Bear
(02-14-2022, 06:19 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I would, I have no idea why he didnt play? Back problems?  Other issues we dont know of?  He came into camp out of shape, possibly due to surgery but he hasnt impressed in any facet this season.

I thought he was kind of a reach where we took him. A guy changing positions probably isn't worth a 2nd. Idk. He wasn't great at tackle in college either.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 07:40 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Its not Boyd fault how they use him and I think Mixon and Boyd will be more valuable if/when we improve the line. Also they're contracts will be ending when its time to sign some of the other big names. I think we need to spend big this free agency and go all in. Mainly just keep our group intact but get and OL or two to free up the draft outside of RD 1. 

Im not saying it is their fault or they are not talented.  It just is what it is and we cannot have it all - high priced line and high priced skill players, where do you cut? That awesome defense?  No way.

We need to think big picture, we have some huge contracts coming up in the next few years. If we use Boyd and Mixon cash money now to sign really good players and front load them they have less impact when it comes time time to extend Jonah, Tee, Lbers, Joe and Chase.

If we just keep these large salaries til they end, as you suggest, we are forced to spread new oline money out evenly - we will be in a financial quagmire, drastic cuts will be required to keep the star rookies in a couple years. 

We need to build sustained success. Unless the slot is Kupp or Hill there is no argument to pay that spot $10M per year the next couple of years. There are too many athletes that can play slot, and even RB for that matter.  
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im not saying it is their fault or they are not talented.  It just is what it is and we cannot have it all - high priced line and high priced skill players, where do you cut? That awesome defense?  No way.

We need to think big picture, we have some huge contracts coming up in the next few years. If we use Boyd and Mixon cash money now to sign really good players and front load them they have less impact when it comes time time to extend Jonah, Tee, Lbers, Joe and Chase.

If we just keep these large salaries til they end, as you suggest, we are forced to spread new oline money out evenly - we will be in a financial quagmire, drastic cuts will be required to keep the star rookies in a couple years. 

We need to build sustained success. Unless the slot is Kupp or Hill there is no argument to pay that spot $10M per year the next couple of years. There are too many athletes that can play slot, and even RB for that matter.  

Your argument does make sense and I do think we are gonna need some kind of creativity to fix this Oline in free agency. But I think Boyd adds more than just what #s he puts up with his experience he can easily step up if injuries happen. Not sure we could get that out of a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:26 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Your argument does make sense and I do think we are gonna need some kind of creativity to fix this Oline in free agency. But I think Boyd adds more than just what #s he puts up with his experience he can easily step up if injuries happen. Not sure we could get that out of a rookie.

You are correct, we wont get that out of a Rookie, but I would rather put $10M into a starter on the oline than a guy getting 4 catches and is a solid replacement just in case a WR gets hurt.

Its a tough decision, Im sure Pats fans hated losing all those favorite players Bill kept cutting... amazing how Championships can help mend broken hearts though... 
Reply/Quote
Donald but a little sauce on that push. I'm glad Trey quickly objected
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote