Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd"
(05-19-2015, 06:40 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: There's always reason for optimism, even when your team loses 4 straight playoff games.

There's always reason to believe that poo won't rain down on your head, too. But since we live in the sewer, I think I'll keep carrying my umbrella.

I will be first in line when those upper pipes clog, though! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 12:09 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Obviously, the fan base (who is paying the salaries) is frustrated.  We wouldn't even be talking about this if that wasn't the case.  It's just another "silence the critics" article.  If there was only one correct emotion (happy), then why even watch the games?  

When you have 5 SB appearances like Polian has, it's easy to be upbeat and btw Bill, it's 4 playoff losses in a row, not 3.  How many more seasons is it acceptable to go one and done in the playoffs? 1, 2, 3 or maybe 6?  

I'm always excited about a new year but if I had to bet a million dollars on our outcome this year, I would bet we lose in the first round, again.

If so, we can all say good bye to Marvin and Dalton. Bring on Joseph and let 'er rip. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 09:20 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/05/17/bengals-bill-polian/27479191/

This actually reminds me of a poll I posted back on the old message board, about whether or not it was necessarily relevant that the Bengals haven't won a playoff game in over 20 years.

Polian seems to agree with my opinion that being a consistent playoff contender is the most important step towards getting to and winning a Super Bowl. 

Drafting for depth and building a powerful roster is the most effective way to build a team, IMHO. And with New England and Denver seemingly going through their own troubles with their quarterbacks and rosters our time may come sooner than later.

The Indianpolis Colts are going to be the AFC champions this year.

Funny you don't mention them.
Reply/Quote