Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police Investigating Gareon Conley of Rape
It's on NFL.com WTF is going on with this years prospects. Seems every day someone else is charged for something or failing drug test.
Reply/Quote
Not that dui is rape, but we'd have never gotten Carlos if he didn't screw up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder how this ripple effect will look with guys like Foster, Peppers, Brantley and Conley possibly falling. I still think Foster will be a first RD pick but the other guys are just pushing 3 more players up the board that we may have been expecting to be there in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
His projection is all over the board now. Anywhere from day 2 to undraftable, like la'el collins. If I'm the bengals I draft him in the 7th if he's still there. These charges could be totally bogus to totally legit and no one will know until after the draft. If cleared its an absolute steal. If convicted he's cut immediately and the bengals can look good doing it. 11 picks aren't making the team anyway so the downside is minimal.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:36 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: His projection is all over the board now. Anywhere from day 2 to undraftable, like la'el collins. If I'm the bengals I draft him in the 7th if he's still there. These charges could be totally bogus to totally legit and no one will know until after the draft. If cleared its an absolute steal. If convicted he's cut immediately and the bengals can look good doing it. 11 picks aren't making the team anyway so the downside is minimal.

I totally agree. If we can hang on to PAC Man this long why not take a chance on this guy late in the draft. Like you said it could be someone looking to capitalize on someone's soon to be fortune. I actually hope that's the case, I would feel horrible if this is in fact a rape. Another thing to consider is, do you still take a chance on this guy if we do pick Mixon somewhere. Drafting both these guys may be too much from a PR point of view.
Reply/Quote
from what i read he seems innocent, i don't know what happened obviously, but from the article i read seems like a setup to me.

all that aside these kids need to stop putting themselves in these awful situations.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:36 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I totally agree. If we can hang on to PAC Man this long why not take a chance on this guy late in the draft. Like you said it could be someone looking to capitalize on someone's soon to be fortune. I actually hope that's the case, I would feel horrible if this is in fact a rape. Another thing to consider is, do you still take a chance on this guy if we do pick Mixon somewhere. Drafting both these guys may be too much from a PR point of view.

I do still take Conley, based on the premise of innocence.  If found guilty he's cut immediately and the bengals get some credit for doing the right thing.  It's a win win.  Unless he is some how cleared today or tomorrow he lost big bucks.  Teams probably won't be willing to risk anything until the 5th round at the earliest.  We have picks to burn.   
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:45 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: from what i read he seems innocent, i don't know what happened obviously, but from the article i read seems like a setup to me.

all that aside these kids need to stop putting themselves in these awful situations.

Apparently there is an investigative report out now (can't verify validity) where all parties were spoken with except the accuser (she wouldn't respond). Stories all match up with innocent. I hope for all parties involved that the rape kit is released before draft.
Reply/Quote
The timing is certainly convenient, but I am not one to ever call a woman a liar in cases like this.

We'll see how the investigation shakes out.

If it isn't resolved by tomorrow, I see him plummeting regardless.

Tunsil's bong gas mask hit was one thing, but rape is a serious allegation that really can't go away overnight.

Hell, look at La'el Collins. He was merely questioned about his girlfriend's death. No charges. No real evidence. Just questions. And he went from top 20 pick to undraftable.

I sure wish we had taken him in the 7th round...
Reply/Quote
yeah, it sucks if he is innocent but he is currently undraftable.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 10:08 AM)bengalsdude Wrote: Apparently there is an investigative report out now (can't verify validity) where all parties were spoken with except the accuser (she wouldn't respond). Stories all match up with innocent. I hope for all parties involved that the rape kit is released before draft.

yeah if he's guilty he deserves everything coming to him, but if he's innocent i feel so bad for him this could cost him millions of dollars. but again don't put yourself in situations like this right before the biggest day of your life.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:36 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: His projection is all over the board now.  Anywhere from day 2 to undraftable, like la'el collins.  If I'm the bengals I draft him in the 7th if he's still there.  These charges could be totally bogus to totally legit and no one will know until after the draft.  If cleared its an absolute steal.  If convicted he's cut immediately and the bengals can look good doing it.  11 picks aren't making the team anyway so the downside is minimal.

I agree about drafting him late. I would use our 6th round comp. pick. Then he pans out, we can look back and say that comp. pick we got for losing one of our starters was worthy.  Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 11:56 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: yeah if he's guilty he deserves everything coming to him, but if he's innocent i feel so bad for him this could cost him millions of dollars. but again don't put yourself in situations like this right before the biggest day of your life.

Doesn't matter when it is... See lael Collins, joe mixon, Leremy tunsil.  Anything that you do that, especially that is on video, will haunt you for years!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 10:15 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The timing is certainly convenient, but I am not one to ever call a woman a liar in cases like this.

We'll see how the investigation shakes out.

If it isn't resolved by tomorrow, I see him plummeting regardless.

Tunsil's bong gas mask hit was one thing, but rape is a serious allegation that really can't go away overnight.

Hell, look at La'el Collins. He was merely questioned about his girlfriend's death. No charges. No real evidence. Just questions. And he went from top 20 pick to undraftable.

I sure wish we had taken him in the 7th round...

If the woman was looking to leverage him financially, the she waits to identify him until after the draft *when he gets huge contract for being top 10 pick.

I agree about Collins, we should have drafted him in round 7.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If the woman was looking to leverage him financially, the she waits to identify him until after the draft *when he gets huge contract for being top 10 pick.

Well, there is that approach but there's also the approach "Give me money or I'll tank your draft status."

I dunno. I guess it depends on if she's looking for money from him, or if she wants to make sure he loses money as revenge for something.

Who knows. But it sounds like they have a solid case of witnesses against her, so hopefully they clear it up satisfactorily by tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

After doing in-depth investigating into #OSU CB Gareon Conley’s situation, teams do believe he’ll be drafted now. 3 GMs predict third round.
Reply/Quote
Everything I'm reading (national media, OSU insider boards, etc) says this guy is innocent. At what point would everyone be ok with the Bengals taking him? For me, I'd rather have him over Foster or Mixon, and I'd be thrilled if the Bengals took him in round 2.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:27 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Everything I'm reading (national media, OSU insider boards, etc) says this guy is innocent. At what point would everyone be ok with the Bengals taking him? For me, I'd rather have him over Foster or Mixon, and I'd be thrilled if the Bengals took him in round 2.

3rd. Everyone can say he is innocent but if the rape kit comes back positive that is about as bad of a PR hit as you can take. Plus I really don't was a CB early.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:27 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Everything I'm reading (national media, OSU insider boards, etc) says this guy is innocent. At what point would everyone be ok with the Bengals taking him? For me, I'd rather have him over Foster or Mixon, and I'd be thrilled if the Bengals took him in round 2.

I don't want to see a CB taken by the Bengals until Day 3 and would be ok with them avoiding a CB altogether. The Bengals have four 1st round picks (Jones, DK, Dennard, WJ3), a 3rd rounder that they are supposedly high on (Russell), and a proven good 4th rounder (Shaw). As it stands, recently-signed Benwikere is already on the outside looking in.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If the woman was looking to leverage him financially, the she waits to identify him until after the draft *when he gets huge contract for being top 10 pick.

Collins said if he didn't go undrafted to pick where he could go after being passed up in the 3rd, he would just re-enter the draft the next year. 
(04-27-2017, 10:21 AM)Au165 Wrote: Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

After doing in-depth investigating into #OSU CB Gareon Conley’s situation, teams do believe he’ll be drafted now. 3 GMs predict third round.

That's so dumb. If you think he's innocent why are you waiting til the 3rd?
Reply/Quote