Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone catch the Tom Brady roast
There was at least one "on to Cincinnati" joke in there.

Mostly it was pretty strong as these things go. I mean they are definitely guilty pleasures and add about as much to society as a drunken house party in college but, yeah, this one was funny in places.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was good. Tony Hinchcliffe and Nikki Glaser were the two best IMO and Kevin Hart did very well as host.
Reply/Quote
I saw the clip where Brady admitted to inflate gate. He must have known and did it. Shame.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Didn't catch it live but had it on in the background while working on Monday. It was brilliant. I was a little worried when I saw the 3 hr + runtime. I thought that it would run out of steam. There's only so many versions of "You're gay" "Gisele totally boned the karate guy" and "You like avocado ice cream" "Gronk is stupid" jokes to tell. But I thought they did a good job of balancing the bona fide roasters with the celebrity guest appearances. Thankfully not all of the invitees had their moment at the podium. Moss, Gronk, Edelman, Bledsoe and Belichick were already a bit much IMO, probably could have cut at least Moss. But overall was absolute gold.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 11:44 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Didn't catch it live but had it on in the background while working on Monday. It was brilliant. I was a little worried when I saw the 3 hr + runtime. I thought that it would run out of steam. There's only so many versions of "You're gay" "Gisele totally boned the karate guy" and "You like avocado ice cream" "Gronk is stupid" jokes to tell. But I thought they did a good job of balancing the bona fide roasters with the celebrity guest appearances. Thankfully not all of the invitees had their moment at the podium. Moss, Gronk, Edelman, Bledsoe and Belichick were already a bit much IMO, probably could have cut at least Moss. But overall was absolute gold.

And what the hell was Ben Affleck going on and on about? My eyes glazed over during that
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 11:58 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: And what the hell was Ben Affleck going on and on about? My eyes glazed over during that

Forgot about him and Kardashian as well. Another two that could have been cut. At least Kardashian's was short, and also provided for a great Kanye zinger in Brady's rebuttal.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2024, 11:44 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Didn't catch it live but had it on in the background while working on Monday. It was brilliant. I was a little worried when I saw the 3 hr + runtime. I thought that it would run out of steam. There's only so many versions of "You're gay" "Gisele totally boned the karate guy" and "You like avocado ice cream" "Gronk is stupid" jokes to tell. But I thought they did a good job of balancing the bona fide roasters with the celebrity guest appearances. Thankfully not all of the invitees had their moment at the podium. Moss, Gronk, Edelman, Bledsoe and Belichick were already a bit much IMO, probably could have cut at least Moss. But overall was absolute gold.

I can't believe the LGBTQRSTUV crowd isn't at the door with pitchforks.  Ninja
Reply/Quote