Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jindal goes all in.....Disband the Supreme Court
Funny how the right-wingers want to amend a 230 year old document they hold sacred right after a 5-4 vote yields a win for most moderates and lefties. Apparently the tyranny of the whole thing just wasn't important until last week? Also, has the Supreme Court ever voted for anything Republicans wanted? Ever?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-01-2015, 12:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Funny how the right-wingers want to amend a 230 year old document they hold sacred right after a 5-4 vote yields a win for most moderates and lefties.  Apparently the tyranny of the whole thing just wasn't important until last week?  Also, has the Supreme Court ever voted for anything Republicans wanted?  Ever?

Actually, and I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure they've wanted to make the gay marriage thing an amendment for awhile now. 

As to your last question, yes. Off the top of my head, there was the voting thing in Florida during George Bush's election. But there have been others.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(07-01-2015, 12:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Actually, and I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure they've wanted to make the gay marriage thing an amendment for awhile now. 

As to your last question, yes. Off the top of my head, there was the voting thing in Florida during George Bush's election. But there have been others.

Yep, that all sounds familiar.  It just seems like those appealing to the right-wing are going to discuss tearing the whole thing down to appease the angry voters but then IF elected would just stack the tyrannical court to "shove their own policies" down our collective throats.  It reminds me of when people complain about the existence of lobbyists on topics they don't like but neglect to point out their feelings of such when such influences help a topic they do.
(07-01-2015, 12:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, I've felt this way long before then. I've noticed that almost every MAJOR ruling of the last 10-15 years (if not longer) you see the conservative justices siding with the right's viewpoint and the liberal justices siding with the left's. Yes, there are exceptions, but this seems to be the norm.

This is why when a justice is set or thought to retire during a presidential election cycle, this makes it even more imperative for the Dems and Repubs to win the White House.

I'm not sure what the alternative is.  Whether it be justices or presidents, we seem to go in cycles.  People think things are going too liberal so they vote conservative.  When things get too conservative they vote liberal.

I know it's a generalization...but I think it holds true for the most part.
(07-01-2015, 12:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Funny how the right-wingers want to amend a 230 year old document they hold sacred right after a 5-4 vote yields a win for most moderates and lefties.  Apparently the tyranny of the whole thing just wasn't important until last week?  Also, has the Supreme Court ever voted for anything Republicans wanted?  Ever?

Quote:The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress;

They still do hold it sacred.  And the part of the Constitution that was used was itself an amendment and is only about 150 years old.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-30-2015, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: His response is one of disappointment with the Supreme Court and their continued move away from what our country was built on. The morals of our country hasn't changed they are just being run over. Hollywood and people with agendas are trying to make it look like the average person agrees with whats going on and they don't. The laws have been shot down in state voting and this is a way to force their agendas on people that hold christian values. The voters have spoken but its not the answer they wanted. The statement above about the S Court following public opinion polls is not accurate because it isn't what the public wants. As shown by state voting. Its what special interest groups want. The last statement above is accurate and most people in our country agree with it. Eventually they will get what they want and unfortunately God may turn his back on this great country (if he hasn't already) that has been so blessed from its begining that was built upon his word.Thats when the people who have caused it to happen will be asking what happened to this great country and the answer will be we turned our back God and his word. And then it will be to late. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

This country was founded on the principle that slavery was okay.  If that is what your god wanted then I hope he turns his back on us.  We don't need that type around here.

I think you already know the answer to your question/statement. By chance are you a lawyer? just wondering.

I hope God doesn't turn his back on us. But perhaps he will.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

P.S. Nothing is hidden from God to whom we must give account.
(06-30-2015, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This country was founded on the principle that slavery was okay.  If that is what your god wanted then I hope he turns his back on us.  We don't need that type around here.

Luckily the Republican party came along and took Slavery away from the Democates.

However there are those that suggest they still practice it in a sense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9kry_VfFSh4
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-01-2015, 04:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Luckily the Republican party came along and took Slavery away from the Democates.

However there are those that suggest they still practice it in a sense:

You can always tell which political party is the most racist by Strom Thurmond's affiliation, so it seems the Republicans may have taken slavery from the Democrats and the Democrats gave the Republicans the stereotypically racist south as compensation.
I think you already know the answer to your question/statement. By chance are you a lawyer? just wondering.

So you made a post to tell me that I understood the point i was trying to make?  By chance are you a rocket scientist?  Or maybe a brain surgeon?

BTW why did you join a Bengals football message board and never post anything about the Bengals or football?  I wonder what could possibly bring a guy like you here?  Rolleyes
(07-01-2015, 04:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: However there are those that suggest they still practice it in a sense:

There are also those who believe lizard people live among us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFdwKwmMW8c