Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politico, giving Trump some props
(07-25-2015, 08:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All I do is post facts, and all you do is post insults.

I never claim I am smarter just because I have a law degree.  instead I post links to actual facts to back up what I say.

BTW who the hell is doing a poll that matches Trump against McCain?  What would be the purpose of that?  Please provide a link.  I want to read more about it.

You are an attorney, you have google.  Do your own damned homework, counselor..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-25-2015, 08:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes I would consider Steve Jobs to be educated.  We had this discussion before, remember?  

I do. Now please post your proof that most Trump supporters are uneducated.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-25-2015, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You are an attorney, you have google.  Do your own damned homework, counselor..

LOL LOL LOL

I can see why you were so afraid to post the link...

More findings from the same poll

-This week, however, Trump’s favorable ratings dropped 11 points, and his unfavorable rating has risen 15 points.  

-Trump’s 42% unfavorable rating from Republicans is the highest negative rating given to a GOP contender from partisans, 
(07-25-2015, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do. Now please post your proof that most Trump supporters are uneducated.

(07-25-2015, 08:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can see why you were so afraid to post the link...
[Image: th?id=JN.sv3QNWG%2fWEjMIwMBdS5oaw&pid=15.1&P=0]

(07-25-2015, 08:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: LOL LOL LOL

I can see why you were so afraid to post the link...

More findings from the same poll

-This week, however, Trump’s favorable ratings dropped 11 points, and his unfavorable rating has risen 15 points.  

-Trump’s 42% unfavorable rating from Republicans is the highest negative rating given to a GOP contender from partisans, 

You do realize that that 42% unfavorable also equate to a 58% favorable, right?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-25-2015, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do. Now please post your proof that most Trump supporters are uneducated.

(07-25-2015, 08:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/07/22/trumps_anger_appeal_127483.html

Trump backers tend to be less well-educated: Among those with no college degree, 32 percent support Trump, compared to a mere 8 percent of those with a college education. 
(07-25-2015, 09:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You do realize that that 42% unfavorable also equate to a 58% favorable, right?

No.  That is not what it means at all.  There is a third option for indifferent.

You would understand this if you actually looked at the poll results instead of just blindly slurping up all the garbage Breitbart feeds you without even trying to think for yourself.

In fact if you even had basic math skills you would realize this by the fact that his unfavorable rating went up 15 points while his favorable rating went down by 11.
fredtoast Wrote:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/07/22/trumps_anger_appeal_127483.html
Quote:Trump backers tend to be less well-educated: Among those with no college degree, 32 percent support Trump, compared to a mere 8 percent of those with a college education.

So you agree with the assertion that lack of College Education means that you are not well educated?

Didn't we discuss this before? Remember your assertion to not deny facts when presented.

Seems you might be talking out of both sides of your mouth.

(07-25-2015, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you agree with the assertion that lack of College Education means that you are not well educated?

Didn't we discuss this before? Remember your assertion to not deny facts when presented.

Seems you might be talking out of both sides of your mouth.

In general lack of a college education indicates less education.  There are exceptions to every rule, but I don't know what that has to do with this discussion.  Do you have some numbers on CEO/owners of billion dollar corporations without a college education and how many of them support Trump?  If so I will be glad to look at them
(07-25-2015, 10:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In general lack of a college education indicates less education.  There are exceptions to every rule, but I don't know what that has to do with this discussion.  Do you have some numbers on CEO/owners of billion dollar corporations without a college education and how many of them support Trump?  If so I will be glad to look at them

No Fred; lack of education means lack of education in every instance. Has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence. 

The discussion is that you highlighted your forthrightness and proclaimed you would never go against facts if clearly given to you. 

I'm unaware of any reliable analysis that breaks down how many CEOs support a certain candidate. Do you happen to have one?

It's OK to be disingenuous; EVERYBODY on these boards does it from time to time. Just don't expect to not be called out on it when you proclaim you don't do it.    

(07-25-2015, 10:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No Fred; lack of education means lack of education in every instance. Has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence. 

No, on the job training and experience is education.  This is different from being intelligent. 

But the fact that you are trying to derail this discussion in an argument over semantics proves that you don't have any valid argument against my claim that Trump is much more popular among the less educated.

I am not arguing against any clear facts that have been posted to dispute what I have said. Even if you were correct that Steve jobs was not educated that does not change a thing about Trump being more popular among the lesser educated.
(07-25-2015, 11:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No, on the job training and experience is education.  This is different from being intelligent. 

But the fact that you are trying to derail this discussion in an argument over semantics proves that you don't have any valid argument against my claim that Trump is much more popular among the less educated.

I am not arguing against any clear facts that have been posted to dispute what I have said.  Even if you were correct that Steve jobs was not educated that does not change a thing about Trump being more popular among the lesser educated.

I have not disputed the fact fact that Trump scores higher among the less educated; pretty sure I was aware of that when I brought up the Steve Jobs issue. The fact is earlier in the thread you tried to equate less educated to ignorance. Now that you have been shown to talk out of both sides of your mouth (mind you, I only did this when you challenged to be shown) you claim it is semantics.  

(07-25-2015, 11:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now that you have been shown to talk out of both sides of your mouth (mind you, I only did this when you challenged to be shown) you claim it is semantics.  

I don't talk out of both sides of my mouth.  On the job training and experience is education.  There are lots of sources of education other than school.  I have educated both my daughters on gun safety.  Steve Jobs educated himself on how to run a company.

You are trying to make an argument based only on semantics, and it just is not working.
(07-25-2015, 11:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't talk out of both sides of my mouth.  On the job training and experience is education.  There are lots of sources of education other than school.  

How much on the job training and experience do those that support Trump have?

Or did your "proof" just consider college education?

(07-25-2015, 11:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How much on the job training and experience do those that support Trump have?

Or did your "proof" just consider college education?

The study just included college education because in general it is highly indicative of true education level.  The instances of people without college degrees gaining a high level of education are the exceptions to the rule.

So do you have any more valid information to disprove this claim?  Since you have admitted that you agree with the premise why are you trying to argue about it? 
(07-25-2015, 11:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The study just included college education because in general it is highly indicative of true education level.  The instances of people without college degrees gaining a high level of education are the exceptions to the rule.

So do you have any more valid information to disprove this claim?  Since you have admitted that you agree with the premise why are you trying to argue about it? 

I am not arguing about anything, Simply pointing out how you are talking out of both sides of your mouth, only because you challenged someone to do so.

Here are facts:

Steve Jobs was not a highly (true) educated man. This doesn't mean he was ignorant.

Most folk that support Trump are not highly (true) educated people, This does not mean they are ignorant. 

Fred asks to be shown his lack of forthrightness; when this is done, he further displays his lack of it.   

(07-02-2015, 06:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wouldn't have believed it, until I read it with my own eyes.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/07/sorry-donald-trump-has-a-point-119662.html?cmpid=sf#ixzz3elLi5FnR

You are hardly a name-brand company if you haven’t dumped Donald Trump over the past seven days.

NBC, Univision and Macy’s have all thrown The Donald under the bus, in the heaviest blow to schlock culture in this country since the cancellation of “Jersey Shore.”

The carnage ranges widely across media, encompassing reality TV (“Celebrity Apprentice”), entertainment properties (the Miss USA Pageant), fashion (the Donald J. Trump Signature Collection) and even fragrance (Success by Trump).

Yes, the 2016 Republican field is so wide and diverse it includes perhaps the nation’s first presidential candidate with his own fragrance, and, it must be noted, not just any fragrance. Success has “a masculine combination of rich vetiver, tonka bean, birchwood and musk,” and “captures the spirit of the driven man.”

To imagine that Abraham Lincoln’s marketing was focused on posing for photographs for Mathew Brady. Poor old Abe — he could never think big.

The shunning of Trump is in response to his uh, memorable presidential announcement that included comments about the alleged criminality of Mexican immigrants that were typically crude. Trump could make a statement about arcane tax policy details related to accelerated depreciation for business investment — and still make you want to take a shower afterward.

Although this isn’t anything new. The companies fleeing from Trump were happy to be in bed with him so long as it suited their business interests. Now, they are acting on what has become one of the foremost principles of American public life: It’s no longer enough to be offended, you must punish the offender.

As it happens, Trump’s new enemies are doing him an enormous political favor, at least in the short term. There are few things that benefit a Republican candidate in the current environment of left-wing bullying more than getting fired and boycotted for something he’s said. And Trump’s smash-mouth response — oh, yeah, I’m going to sue Univision for a cool $500 million — will be even more endearing to primary voters.

I was skeptical that Trump was really running, but now that the boats are burned behind him, watch out. He is set to be Herman Cain squared — an early-nominating-season phenomenon with a massive media megaphone.

As for his instantly notorious Mexico comments, they did more to insult than to illuminate, yet there was a kernel in them that hit on an important truth that typical politicians either don’t know or simply fear to speak. “When Mexico sends its people,” Trump said, “they’re not sending their best.”

This is obviously correct. We aren’t raiding the top 1 percent of Mexicans and importing them to this country. Instead, we are getting representative Mexicans, who — through no fault of their own, of course — come from a poorly educated country at a time when education is essential to success in an advanced economy.

Trump’s comments made it sound as though Mexico is sending us moral defectives. That’s not the larger problem (although gangs certainly exploit the border and there are criminals in any population). Immigrants are willing to work. Immigrant men aged 18-65 are in the labor force at a higher rate than native men.

It’s just that a lack of education is an anchor around even the hardest-working person in modern America. This is illustrated in an exhaustive report based on government data, by Steven Camarota of the Center for Immigration Studies, which favors a lower level of immigration. I rely on it for the figures that follow.

Immigrants here from Mexico — which has sent more immigrants than any other country for decades — have the lowest levels of education. Nearly 60 percent of them haven’t graduated from high school. Only about 10 percent have some college and nearly 6 percent have a bachelor’s degree or higher.

By way of comparison, the situation of immigrants from Korea, for instance, is almost exactly reversed. More than 50 percent of them have a bachelor’s degree or higher, and less than 4 percent failed to earn a high school diploma.

This puts Mexican immigrants at an inherent disadvantage, and it shows. Nearly 35 percent of immigrants from Mexico and their U.S.-born children are in poverty; nearly 68 percent are in or near poverty. This is the highest level for immigrants from any country (the Philippines is the lowest, with 5.5 percent in poverty).

Fifty-four percent of immigrants from Mexico lack health insurance. A higher proportion of Mexican immigrants uses means-tested government programs than immigrants from any other country—more than 57 percent. As Camarota notes, this is “even higher than for refugee-sending countries like Russia and Cuba.” By contrast, the lowest percentage is for immigrants from the United Kingdom at just over 6 percent.

Immigrants make progress on almost every indicator over time, but are still far behind natives after two decades. (The exception to the general progress is welfare use, which actually increases among immigrants here for 20 years compared with immigrants here fewer than five years.)

For all its crassness, Trump’s rant on immigration is closer to reality than the gauzy clichés of the immigration romantics unwilling to acknowledge that there might be an issue welcoming large numbers of high school dropouts into a 21st-century economy. If we don’t want to add to the ranks of the poor, the uninsured and the welfare dependent, we should have fewer low-skilled immigrants — assuming saying that is not yet officially considered a hate crime.

The point surely could be made much more deftly by anyone not named Donald J. Trump. In the meantime, he fills the vacuum, and enjoys the whirlwind.

Rich Lowry is editor of National Review.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/07/sorry-donald-trump-has-a-point-119662.html#ixzz3elullNeZ

I don't know why the liberals are not hoping for Trump as the Republican nominee since he's one of the few people that's not polling ahead of Hillary.
Ex-Wife: Donald Trump Made Me Feel ‘Violated’ During Sex

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/27/ex-wife-donald-trump-made-feel-violated-during-sex.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page

tl;dr Trump had bad scalp surgery, forced sex on his wife as "revenge". During their divorce she said she felt "raped", later she clarified it to mean emotionally more than physically.

But I'm also posting this because of how Trump responds to criticism...and how his lawyer is just like him:

Quote:Donald Trump has previously denied the allegation. In the book, he denies having had the scalp reduction surgery.

“It’s obviously false,” Donald Trump said of the accusation in 1993, according to Newsday. “It’s incorrect and done by a guy without much talent… He is a guy that is an unattractive guy who is a vindictive and jealous person.”

Cohen acknowledged Monday that he has not read the entire deposition but said he had read the two relevant pages of it, including the rape accusation.

“It’s not the word that you’re trying to make it into,” Cohen told The Daily Beast, saying Ivana Trump was talking about how “she felt raped emotionally… She was not referring to it [as] a criminal matter, and not in its literal sense, though there’s many literal senses to the word.”
Cohen added that there is no such thing, legally, as a man raping his wife. “You cannot rape your spouse,” he said. “There’s very clear case law.”

That is not true.

In New York, there used to be a so-called marital rape exemption to the law. It was struck down in 1984.

Trump’s lawyer then changed tactics, lobbing insults and threatening a lawsuit if a story was published.

“I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we’re in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don’t have. And I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know,” Cohen said. “So I’m warning you, tread very ***** lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be ***** disgusting. You understand me?”

“You write a story that has Mr. Trump’s name in it, with the word ‘rape,’ and I’m going to mess your life up… for as long as you’re on this frickin’ planet… you’re going to have judgments against you, so much money, you’ll never know how to get out from underneath it,” he added.

I'm sure that he and Putin will get along great. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-25-2015, 11:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I am not arguing about anything, Simply pointing out how you are talking out of both sides of your mouth, only because you challenged someone to do so.

Here are facts:

Steve Jobs was not a highly (true) educated man. This doesn't mean he was ignorant.

Most folk that support Trump are not highly (true) educated people, This does not mean they are ignorant. 

Fred asks to be shown his lack of forthrightness; when this is done, he further displays his lack of it.   

This is getting comical

You are actually arguing that every person who does nott have a college degree is as well educated as Steve Jobs?

We are talking about a poll covering large numbers of people.  You can't take one rare exception to the rule (Steve Jobs) and use him to prove that every person who does not have a lot of formal education is smart enough to build a multi-billion dollar corporation.

It is like claiming that smoking is not bad for you because you have an uncle who smoked his whole life and never had heart or lung disease.
[Image: 11140354_10152960789218375_7952570747615...e=56464134]

He deleted this retweet...of course. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.