Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politics at its finest...
Quote:Bridgeport to Layoffs Municipal Employees

The City of Bridgeport will be releasing a list of municipal employee layoffs on Friday.

"As we have been very consistently telling the labor unions, the inability to reach a consensus on labor cost savings for the coming fiscal year now requires us to implement a new round of layoffs," Mayor Joe Ganim. 

"A list of municipal employees to be laid off is currently being prepared and will be released sometime tomorrow."

The city is required to make cuts to reach its goal of $4,000,000 in savings to balance the budget for the upcoming fiscal year. 

"We know that it is a significant ask to request another $4,000,000 in savings," Ganim said. "We would not do so if balancing the budget did not depend on it."

Ganim said his administration has already laid off approximately 100 employees since taking over last December. 
I was reading that story and it lead me to this...
[Image: 070216b.jpg]
Seriously.  How do we allow these people to run for office again?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-02-2016, 07:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was reading that story and it lead me to this...
[Image: 070216b.jpg]
Seriously.  How do we allow these people to run for office again?

I've just started dabbling in local politics.
If there is any question about the budget, I'm sure the books have to be produced to verify.
That's not saying the numbers can't be fudged around to get the desired results.
As far as the felony conviction, I know quite a few felons, even a couple who are federal.
Every one of them is a productive member of society.
That's not me speaking up for this cat, I'm just saying good people make mistakes and I've personally seen a friend railroaded by the federal govt.
(07-03-2016, 06:41 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I've just started dabbling in local politics.
If there is any question about the budget, I'm sure the books have to be produced to verify.
That's not saying the numbers can't be fudged around to get the desired results.
As far as the felony conviction, I know quite a few felons, even a couple who are federal.
Every one of them is a productive member of society.
That's not me speaking up for this cat, I'm just saying good people make mistakes and I've personally seen a friend  railroaded by the federal govt.

And that's great...

But no one should be allowed to run for elected office, or be chosen to fill a government position, after being convicted of a felony WHILE IN AN ELECTED OFFICE.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
When it comes to being elected to office I see a differenec between crimes.

I could possibly vote for a guy who had been covicted of drug charges or even a random act of violence, but I would never vote for a person who had been convicted of corruption, embezzlement, fraud, or anything like that.

This guy had been convisted of corruption and as GM pointed out, that happened while he was in office.

Maybe Marion Berry was his campaing manager.
(07-03-2016, 09:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: And that's great...

But no one should be allowed to run for elected office, or be chosen to fill a government position, after being convicted of a felony WHILE IN AN ELECTED OFFICE.

Yeah, I was never defending the guy or anything.
However, shouldn't we be pointing and booing the people who elected him ?
I mean... they had to know about it, right ?
Maybe they were in a bind like we have for the presidential race ?

Don't know and don't care enough to research it.
Tongue