Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washed? Not Quite...
Guess who is the leading receiver for the undefeated Arizona Cardinals...

You guessed it. All the receiving talent on that team and AJ is back shining. Maybe we mistakenly thought he was washed? I am happy for him. Looks like he is heading to the playoffs and has a great chance of getting his first playoff win elsewhere (as so many of our greats have).

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2021/10/06/cardinals-a-j-green-proving-he-can-still-flat-out-play/6027888001/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 09:19 AM)jj22 Wrote: Guess who is the leading receiver for the undefeated Arizona Cardinals...

You guessed it. All the receiving talent on that team and AJ is back shining. Maybe we mistakenly thought he was washed? I am happy for him. Looks like he is heading to the playoffs and has a great chance of getting his first playoff win elsewhere (as so many of our greats have).

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2021/10/06/cardinals-a-j-green-proving-he-can-still-flat-out-play/6027888001/

Either he didnt give us full effort his last year here or  ZT couldnt figure out how to use him

Love AJ  but he looked done his last season here
Reply/Quote
He didn’t like the offense here. I watched an interview where he said the AZ offense has him doing things he is comfortable with. More so than Cinci was.

The weird thing to me is that I think it’s totally bogus. J Chase is doing things AJ did here on very similar routes. I think AJ was just done with a cinci. Too much turnover can be exhausting, and seeing all your friends/teammates shown the door doesn’t help.

Glad it’s working out for both parties at this point.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 10:07 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He didn’t like the offense here. I watched an interview where he said the AZ offense has him doing things he is comfortable with. More so than Cinci was.

The weird thing to me is that I think it’s totally bogus. J Chase is doing things AJ did here on very similar routes. I think AJ was just done with a cinci. Too much turnover can be exhausting, and seeing all your friends/teammates shown the door doesn’t help.

Glad it’s working out for both parties at this point.

Neither he nor Dunlap wanted to play in this system because it was not what they were used to, and they didn't want to learn something new. Obviously Hubbard and Chase have no problem with the system as they both excel.
Reply/Quote
It's hard for me to believe AJ mailed it in because he no longer liked it here. Is that what we are saying. That's damaging to his legacy.

I'm going to go with he was just not fully recovered and trusting of his ankle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 04:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's hard for me to believe AJ mailed it in because he no longer liked it here. Is that what we are saying. That's damaging to his legacy.

I'm going to go with he was just not fully recovered and trusting of his ankle.
Whatever his condition, you could see his heart just wasn't in it last year. He looked like he didn't even want to be on the field.
Reply/Quote
Whatever the reason he wasn't worth the tag even prior to playing the season.

That money could've done more for the team used elsewhere(or at least a more healthy capable WR).

I'm not blaming him for it though.

The FO made a major blunder there.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote