Poll: More likely to Win in 2 Scenarios ?
Win more if Burrow starts all 4 games (at Cardinals, Seahawks, at 49ers & Bills)
Win more with Backup QB (at Cardinals & Seahawks) then start Burrow (at 49ers & Bills)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll - More likely to Win in 2 Scenarios ?
Burrow is obviously injured and not playing at the high level that he has played at in the past.

Low mobility and a limited playbook that reduces throws downfield makes it easier for Defenses.

Historic poor play: "the worst yards per attempt in NFL history for a QB with at least 150 attempts

in his first four games of a season"."

This POLL has 2 Scenarios for upcoming games with the possibility of resting Burrow until after the BYE week.

Option 1: Bengals more likely to Win more games against (at Cardinals, Seahawks, at 49ers & Bills) with

Burrow starting all 4 games.

Option 2: Bengals more likely to Win more games against (at Cardinals & Seahawks) with their Backup QB then

start Burrow after the BYE week (at 49ers & Bills)

*Each option covers 4 games. Choose which option seems most likely to have the Bengals Win more of the 4 games with.

**The Backup can be either Jake Browning or AJ McCarron (your choice)
Reply/Quote
I would go even further. Rest Joe until he can plant his foot and throw the ball with the right mechanics. Also, being able to somewhat manipulate the pocket. He doesn't need to be able to scramble or anything like that though. I bet we'll win the most throughout the season if we do that. Joe can't play QB right now because of that calf.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 01:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I would go even further. Rest Joe until he can plant his foot and throw the ball with the right mechanics. Also, being able to somewhat manipulate the pocket. He doesn't need to be able to scramble or anything like that though. I bet we'll win the most throughout the season if we do that. Joe can't play QB right now because of that calf.

I tend to agree. Get him totally healthy.

This Poll is more geared around just how much he is helping the Team by playing instead of a Backup QB & would Joe play better after

resting 2 games versus no rest for all 4 games.

I am assuming that the rest through the BYE week would at least improve his health by at a minimum not getting tackled & hit.

He could then focus on the 49ers & Bills with Film etc.

He may also need a Mental break to reset before those 2 games. (49ers/Bills)
Reply/Quote
I chose to play Burrow the next 4 games. Backup QB would struggle with the same OL. Burrow will get it together soon. He knows what is expected of him. The whole team is playing bad IMO. Burrow gives us the best hope for wins.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 09:23 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I chose to play Burrow the next 4 games. Backup QB would struggle with the same OL. Burrow will get it together soon. He knows what is expected of him. The whole team is playing bad IMO. Burrow gives us the best hope for wins.

No easy answer here. IMO   Maybe it would end up with EQUAL Wins either way. (Or not)

Right now it is 3 Votes to start Burrow all 4 next games. (25% of Votes)

9 Votes to start a Backup QB 2 games then start Burrow the next 2 after the BYE. (75% of Votes)

I expected it to be around 50% to 50% Voting when I made the Poll.

Zac Taylor says that Burrow will start Week 5, so we know how the Bengals are Voting.
Reply/Quote
I swear this season is gonna end in 1 of 2 ways. The season is scripted for Joe to stink it up at historic levels for 4 weeks, then the floodgates open & he's goes on an historic run to the Super Bowl & we win it. Makes for a heck of a story for the NFL.

Or Burrow goes on IR and we win 3 games the whole year.

There's zero chance we win 6 to 8 games. It's all or nothing with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 12:58 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: I swear this season is gonna end in 1 of 2 ways. The season is scripted for Joe to stink it up at historic levels for 4 weeks, then the floodgates open & he's goes on an historic run to the Super Bowl & we win it. Makes for a heck of a story for the NFL.

Or Burrow goes on IR and we win 3 games the whole year.

There's zero chance we win 6 to 8 games. It's all or nothing with Burrow.

A Hollywood Storybook ending to this Season for the Bengals & Joe Burrow is what Bengal Fans crave.  

Bengal fans seem to have already had most other types of not so Great endings.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 01:16 PM)depthchart Wrote: A Hollywood Storybook ending to this Season for the Bengals & Joe Burrow is what Bengal Fans crave.  

Bengal fans seem to have already had most other types of not so Great endings.

Brock Purdy winning the SB is probably the Hollywood story of the year.  Sure, we have a hurt Burrow, but the guy was a 1st overall pick winner that everyone wanted.  We are supposed to win it all.  If NFL 2023 is a cliched movie script, we are one of the entitled teams with the can't lose QB who gets overcome by the plucky guy that no one wanted.

So I'll stick to reality for now.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 02:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Brock Purdy winning the SB is probably the Hollywood story of the year.  Sure, we have a hurt Burrow, but the guy was a 1st overall pick winner that everyone wanted.  We are supposed to win it all.  If NFL 2023 is a cliched movie script, we are one of the entitled teams with the can't lose QB who gets overcome by the plucky guy that no one wanted.

I see your point.

Purdy was "Mr Irrelevent" versus 1st Overall pick Joe, so Hollywood may favor "Mr Irrelevent".

Maybe a Spider could bite Joe making him into a Spider Man for a better Hollywood ending.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
Is there a totally healthy scenario with this injury? Or is he going to reaggravate it from time to time?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 03:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Is there a totally healthy scenario with this injury? Or is he going to reaggravate it from time to time?

For the Poll it is all an Unknown yet focuses on Wins over the next 4 games.

I am assuming that the rest through the BYE week would at least improve his health by at a minimum 

not getting tackled & hit.

Joe could then focus on the 49ers & Bills with Film etc. 

Would that lead to more Wins with Backups playing 2 games of the next 4 ?  

Could Burrow play all of the next 4 and still get healthy ?

All Unknowns at least to me but I wondered what others on the Board would think was Best Option.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 02:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Brock Purdy winning the SB is probably the Hollywood story of the year.  Sure, we have a hurt Burrow, but the guy was a 1st overall pick winner that everyone wanted.  We are supposed to win it all.  If NFL 2023 is a cliched movie script, we are one of the entitled teams with the can't lose QB who gets overcome by the plucky guy that no one wanted.

The 49ers are'nt the Bengals, they have how many Lombardis? How the F are we entitled? Never won a Super bowl. The Niners are entitled & have entitled fans.
Reply/Quote

I'd like a 49ers /bengals superbowl this year with burrow saying **** the script.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 12:03 AM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: The 49ers are'nt the Bengals, they have how many Lombardis? How the F are we entitled? Never won a Super bowl. The Niners are entitled & have entitled fans.

You're over thinking it. Hollywood style it's the 1st over all pick everybody wanted that everyone assumes would win at least 1 SB versus the literal last pick QB people didn't even expect to become a starter. 

A movie wouldn't paint Burrow as the underdog because before he and Purdy were born the 49ers were a dynasty. 

The can't miss kid vs the no chance kid.  That's Hollywood cliched sap isn't it?  
Reply/Quote
maybe burrow is making himself an underdog again this year, like go 1-16 and come back next year and run the table to get another comeback player of year award
Reply/Quote
Burrow said hes 100% so its on him now
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 09:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Burrow said hes 100%  so its on him now

I choose to believe this.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 09:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Burrow said hes 100% so its on him now

THIS.
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised by how close this poll is.

If Burrow is rested for the Cardinals and Seahawks, he wouldn't have to play until Oct 29.
That would give him 3 weeks to let any lingering injury more time to heal, reducing higher likelihood of aggravating it.

And we need to be fully transparent, Burrow will need to be as healthy as possible in order for the Bengals to beat the 49ers and/or Bills.

Bengals (should) have a decent chance to beat the Cards and Seahawks even with a backup QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 11:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm surprised by how close this poll is.

If Burrow is rested for the Cardinals and Seahawks, he wouldn't have to play until Oct 29.
That would give him 3 weeks to let any lingering injury more time to heal, reducing higher likelihood of aggravating it.

And we need to be fully transparent, Burrow will need to be as healthy as possible in order for the Bengals to beat the 49ers and/or Bills.

Bengals (should) have a decent chance to beat the Cards and Seahawks even with a backup QB.

Burrow said he's 100% so there is no way other than him getting to a point where he can't physically walk onto the field where they rest Burrow.  I will admit if Burrow says he's 100% and we watch him play like he has been in safety mode shotgun the whole game and never scrambling....well, the dude has gone full blown "Believe what I say, not your own eyes" mode.
Reply/Quote