Poll: More likely to Win in 2 Scenarios ?
Win more if Burrow starts all 4 games (at Cardinals, Seahawks, at 49ers & Bills)
Win more with Backup QB (at Cardinals & Seahawks) then start Burrow (at 49ers & Bills)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll - More likely to Win in 2 Scenarios ?
(10-06-2023, 12:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow said he's 100% so there is no way other than him getting to a point where he can't physically walk onto the field where they rest Burrow.  I will admit if Burrow says he's 100% and we watch him play like he has been in safety mode shotgun the whole game and never scrambling....well, the dude has gone full blown "Believe what I say, not your own eyes" mode.

I think when the team are only talking about 'executing' in these interviews this year, you can safely assume that what they're allowed/willing to say is very much a case of not telling the full story. If Burrow is 100% then he's regressed overnight more than any QB in history. I think it's as simple as not wanting to give the injury status away.

As for the poll... Joe Burrow gives us the most chance to win, even if heavily injured. We've actually won a game with him at QB already this year. Browning... nobody has any clue what he'd do, but it likely wouldn't be good. We could play McCarron, but he's seen next to no game time since he LAST played here... so chance's are he'd not be great either. 

It's not the same question as 'would I like to see us start Joe Burrow', but he does give us the best shot at winning. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 12:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow said he's 100% so there is no way other than him getting to a point where he can't physically walk onto the field where they rest Burrow.  I will admit if Burrow says he's 100% and we watch him play like he has been in safety mode shotgun the whole game and never scrambling....well, the dude has gone full blown "Believe what I say, not your own eyes" mode.

Yea...let's see how he plays on Sunday.
Even if he says he's 100% physically now, is he all there mentally/mechanically too?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 12:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea...let's see how he plays on Sunday.
Even if he says he's 100% physically now, is he all there mentally/mechanically too?

Ida know, dude says he's 100% so I want the old Burrow back.  4 TDs this game and a 10 game winning streak.  All that good stuff I've come to expect.  I'm not sure we have time for him to need weeks to recover mentally and mechanically if he's healthy now.

If he says he's 100% and he goes out there and is clearly the same Burrow we've seen this season, he should get into politics.   
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 12:16 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I think when the team are only talking about 'executing' in these interviews this year, you can safely assume that what they're allowed/willing to say is very much a case of not telling the full story. If Burrow is 100% then he's regressed overnight more than any QB in history. I think it's as simple as not wanting to give the injury status away.

As for the poll... Joe Burrow gives us the most chance to win, even if heavily injured. We've actually won a game with him at QB already this year. Browning... nobody has any clue what he'd do, but it likely wouldn't be good. We could play McCarron, but he's seen next to no game time since he LAST played here... so chance's are he'd not be great either. 

It's not the same question as 'would I like to see us start Joe Burrow', but he does give us the best shot at winning. 

Burrow likely gives the best chance to Win versus Cardinals/Seahawks yet with Historic poor play aka worst yards per attempt

maybe a Backup QB could do just as well. (or not)

Would Burrow playing against Cardinals/Seahawks make him less healthy for the harder 49ers/Bills games ?

Could Burrow taking a 2 game plus BYE week break allow him a Mental reset and to get healthier by not getting hit

against the Cardinals/Seahawks since he is not playing but resting ?

Burrow could then Focus on just the 49ers/Bills with Film etc.

I am not saying that there is a right or wrong option. 

It is interesting to think about & the Bengals appear to have chosen the play Burrow route.
Reply/Quote
Although I'm a fan of resting Burrow, had to vote we would win more with him starting. But, what I want isn't usually isn't right. Just ask my wife.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 12:45 PM)depthchart Wrote: Burrow likely gives the best chance to Win versus Cardinals/Seahawks yet with Historic poor play aka worst yards per attempt

maybe a Backup QB could do just as well. (or not)

Would Burrow playing against Cardinals/Seahawks make him less healthy for the harder 49ers/Bills games ?

Could Burrow taking a 2 game plus BYE week break allow him a Mental reset and to get healthier by not getting hit

against the Cardinals/Seahawks since he is not playing but resting ?

Burrow could then Focus on just the 49ers/Bills with Film etc.

I am not saying that there is a right or wrong option. 

It is interesting to think about & the Bengals appear to have chosen the play Burrow route.

Yeah I get where you're coming from. It's all health dependent really. If you guaranteed me we get 100% Joe Burrow after the bye, then I'd be very tempted to rest him, but there's every chance he'd be coming back to a 1-5 team... I think we can go on a roll and beat anybody, but 1-5 and playing the Niners and Bills with Burrow coming back in after time out.... I don't think we'd find ourselves in some revitalised spot there. We'd be in absolute desperation mode, hoping to beat teams that we'd do well to beat even at our very best (not saying we couldn't beat SF/BUF, just that they are really good teams).

As I've said in other threads, in my opinion the time to rest Burrow has already passed. It was Weeks 1-2 (or whatever it would've turned out to be). If he can play without a greatly increased risk of injury (a point of debate in itself), we may as well now just play him until the playoffs are out of reach.
Reply/Quote
I still think Burrow could get it going soon and still trust him more than the backups so I voted we are more likely to win with him.

Tough question though and nice poll Depthchart. Never thought this would be a dead heat vote 4 games into the season lol
Reply/Quote