Poll: How Will The 2018 Bengals Do This Upcoming Season?
Bengals Will Make Playoffs
Bengals Will Make Playoffs And Win A Playoff Game
Bengals Will Miss Playoffs
Bengals Will Have A Record Worse Than Last Year
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Ok Guys Its Time To Man Up And Put Your Prediction On Record
(08-19-2018, 03:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know how quick I would be racing to pick up Broncos OL scraps.  Just a week ago, the Bengals waived Austin Fleer, a D2 OT, UDFA.  Before an entire day had went by, the Broncos had him signed to their roster.

That was a camp body/PS type of guy, which Denver might be in the market for.

He was never being signed to compete with the starters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:53 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That was a camp body/PS type of guy, which Denver might be in the market for.

He was never being signed to compete with the starters.

Fleer is the type of guy that you'd love to be able to stash away, in a developmental role, for a couple years.  He's 6'7", sturdy built, and has the largest hands ever recorded by an OL.  In a perfect world, the Bengals likely would have loved to have been able to keep him around for later.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's still too early. Remember last week the #1s were almost flawless. This week the right side of the OL imploded. We need to wait at least another week.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know how quick I would be racing to pick up Broncos OL scraps.  Just a week ago, the Bengals waived Austin Fleer, a D2 OT, UDFA.  Before an entire day had went by, the Broncos had him signed to their roster.

Yeah, i want some Philly or Dallas scraps myself...
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 05:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i want some Philly or Dallas scraps myself...

Not Dallas' OL scraps.  After their starters, the cupboard is pretty bare.  Our backups manhandled their backups, on both sides of the ball.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Now that I've had a chance to watch a couple of games, I'm going to go with 8-8, give or take a game or two on either end. I don't think that's going to be enough to make the playoffs. Like others have said, real improvement should happen next year.
Reply/Quote
I went with Make the play-offs & Win a Game
Once the O-line has settled over the next few games and going into the season, I see us getting 10 wins.
Like I said on another post, I see another few surprises coming within the roster and I see a lot of the young guys getting starting spots which I believe will turn this team round.
Reply/Quote
The off-season moves and beginning of training camp brought typical optimism, but that's fading as the season gets closer.

Price is struggling a bit
Og is still Ogging
RG is going to be less than impressive to put it kindly
We dumped Iloka, leaving a question mark at safety
Burfict out to start the year (again)
And of course, Merv is still chuckling on the sideline

I'm rolling with 8-8 and another off-season of excuses and hype generating from Geoff.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Still too early for hard predictions.  I won't be ready with my hard prediction, until the final roster moves are made, as I see the Bengals making a move or two after the cut.

I put my vote in but I agree. I dont think you cut illoka unless you have plans to make a move. 
Reply/Quote
I'm sticking with we improve on last seasons record. Just need to see more before I make it final.
Reply/Quote
Bengals will still have issues with their offensive line and miss the playoffs going 7-9
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
8-8

One of those years where Pittsburg sweeps them, they split with both Baltimore, and Cleveland. They lose to the Falcons and Saints... Two other teams will get them too.

Does 8-8 get them in the playoffs this year? I think 3 of the 4 AFC divisions will be pretty competitive. Maybe there is enough Carnage that they back in... And then do what they do once they're in.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 10:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The off-season moves and beginning of training camp brought typical optimism, but that's fading as the season gets closer.

Price is struggling a bit
Og is still Ogging
RG is going to be less than impressive to put it kindly
We dumped Iloka, leaving a question mark at safety
Burfict out to start the year (again)
And of course, Merv is still chuckling on the sideline

I'm rolling with 8-8 and another off-season of excuses and hype generating from Geoff.

Dont forget about another Starving' Marvin extension this offseason!
Reply/Quote
With 3 games against tough NFC South teams (Car, Atl, NO) and a tough AFC north, I’m thinking 9-7 with a small shot at the wildcard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 10:54 PM)GodFather Wrote: Dont forget about another Starving' Marvin extension this offseason!

The real question is does Merv get a gold watch when he reaches year 20?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:36 PM)GodFather Wrote: Alright, regardless if you are pessimistic or optimistic in this upcoming season its time to put your view on the record. This way as the season progresses you will have validation on your gut instincts about this team and whether or not you have a good handle on knowing them or not.

How will the Bengals perform this season? Lets see your vote and hear your views. Not how you want them to do because clearly everyone on this board WANTS them to win the SB. The question is predicting how they will do?

Well, for me it's pure a roll of the dice.

If the team plays like it did against the Dallas starters this season, then we'll be looking at a top 10 pick in the 2019 draft.

The OL needs a lot of work still and Ogbuehi doesn't belong on an NFL team.

Ross is getting targets but not so many catches, while Malone and Erickson seem more likely to actually make the clutch catch.

We can't seem to stop the run.

So, I picked the team missing the playoffs. They just haven't shown it, at all.

Reply/Quote
Still say Bengals improve. Very happy with everything except Burfict being suspended and the right side of OL.

Certainly the right side of OL is a huge deal and screamed for at least two to be drafted early instead of one personally.

Have an excellent stable of RB's and WR's and TE's are looking ok even without china doll Tyler playing. Disagree with Shake because believe Bengals will have one of the top DB groups in NFL this year. See them getting plenty of pressure too.

LBer is question mark per Burfict hamstringing us again though but when he gets back it should be really stout.

Just got to figure a way to address OL and believe this was a reason Illoka was released.

My biggest concern is that it may take a minute for chemistry with this many new coaches.

Yet believe everybody is buying in.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'll go with 9-7.

I think the moves made this offseason are good enough to win 2 more games than last year. A year in which the line was in worse shape starting out. Whether they can do more than that, I cant guess until the season gets under way because I dont think they made enough moves needed to do so.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Offense line stinks. Dalton is Dalton. The rest of them team is really good. Lewis is still the coach, I stil can’t believe it. I say 7 n 9.
Reply/Quote
Although I still have concerns at the RT position, LB Depth, and the general ability of our coaching staff, I still see a team that will not only make the playoffs, but make a run once they get there.

This team has a very tough front four with a lot of rotational pieces. Combine that with an excellent back end and you have a very capable defense. If Jordan Evans can be what I think he can and Vigil plays as I think he can, the defense will be very solid.

The offense certainly has the weapons. Will there be time to use them, or will everything be a hike-and-throw allowing defenses to really just focus on defending a small portion of the field? Will the running game be improved? I am giving Hart the benefit of the doubt, as a lot of RTs would struggle against that guy, but so much of this season rides on his ability to protect Dalton and Lazor's ability to use his weapons to create mismatches.

Special teams, often forgotten, will be very good.

I see this team as 11-5. I have faith the new schemes and rushing attack will help better balance the offense and the defense will keep opposing teams under 20 points.
Reply/Quote