Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin emphasizing turnovers and going after incomplete passes
(06-03-2018, 12:09 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Need to implement the WWBD principle.
WWBD = What Would BURFICT Do.

Twist an ankle or two? Hopefully that never returns to the highlight reels .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2018, 12:09 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Need to implement the WWBD principle.
WWBD = What Would BURFICT Do.

Draw a bunch of stupid penalties and get suspended?
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2018, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh, I agree 100%, and think the new coaches and the new attitudes are great things. I just know my board..... Wink

Lol, as do I. On game day when we are 3pts down in the first qtr in the first game of the year? We suck, team is going 0-16 and we have re-entered the 90’s. Tell me I don’t know our board. LOL

Reply/Quote
Already liking Austin so much better than Guenther. I really hope he does well with this defense. Loving what I'm hearing from him so far.
Reply/Quote
Along with the new coaches, I think this is the mentality that brings a change in the culture and drives us to a winning season and then a playoff win.

Be excited about being on the field and be intense on every play down to the whistle. Never give up on a play and always stay hyped-up.

Get back to playing football with desire but also playing with a new discipline.

I'm excited....... so let's just hope that Marvin gets them motivated for once or that the other coaches and vets can motivate the team enough to overcome Marvin's Marvinisms.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2018, 05:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: These kinda things are what we've been lacking for so many years. I think we were close to putting a SB team together. Zimmer was a fantastic DC. He was a disciplinarian. He didnt give two rats ass what your pay was, you either play or you don't. The players respected him, and I feel this defense is respecting Austin. We are going to have a top 5 D again. They have the talent, they need the mentality and that's what Austin is bringing. Yeah Baby!

Yeah Harley, that is what i am talkin' about. Cool

You are correct on talent, we have that on Defense. Atkins, Burfict, Dunlap, Lawson, Will Jax are all extremely talented.

Also have very high hopes for Billings, Hubbard, Jefferson, Bates, Willis, Dennard, Phillips and Glasgow.

I really like how Austin is talking about stopping the run first as well.

We do this then we can pin our ears back and go after the QB. We brought in that ballhawk in Bates to replace Reggie.

Looking for a lot of Interceptions this year and when the ball is on the ground go get it.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2018, 05:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: These kinda things are what we've been lacking for so many years. I think we were close to putting a SB team together. Zimmer was a fantastic DC. He was a disciplinarian. He didnt give two rats ass what your pay was, you either play or you don't. The players respected him, and I feel this defense is respecting Austin. We are going to have a top 5 D again. They have the talent, they need the mentality and that's what Austin is bringing. Yeah Baby!

(06-05-2018, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah Harley, that is what i am talkin' about. Cool

You are correct on talent, we have that on Defense. Atkins, Burfict, Dunlap, Lawson, Will Jax are all extremely talented.

Also have very high hopes for Billings, Hubbard, Jefferson, Bates, Willis, Dennard, Phillips and Glasgow.

I really like how Austin is talking about stopping the run first as well.

We do this then we can pin our ears back and go after the QB. We brought in that ballhawk in Bates to replace Reggie.

Looking for a lot of Interceptions this year and when the ball is on the ground go get it.

There was a recent video of one of the football talking heads giving much respect to the personnel and coaching changes by the Bengals this offseason.  I can't remember the exact phrase that he used, but it was something along the lines of "The entire building is rejuvenated".  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2018, 06:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There was a recent video of one of the football talking heads giving much respect to the personnel and coaching changes by the Bengals this offseason.  I can't remember the exact phrase that he used, but it was something along the lines of "The entire building is rejuvenated".  

We can only hope. We will see the first time we go in leading at halftime and come out and bury our opponent or not.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2018, 06:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There was a recent video of one of the football talking heads giving much respect to the personnel and coaching changes by the Bengals this offseason.  I can't remember the exact phrase that he used, but it was something along the lines of "The entire building is rejuvenated".  

New energy. Love it. Sucks we are here, but great to see it happen.

Reply/Quote
As long as we don't forget to tackle the guy with the balll
Reply/Quote