Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pollack > Turner
For those saying that Zac has little say and that it's all management...this Goodberry tweet seems to indicate that management had Pollack on the staff...then Taylor was hired and wanted Turner.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: For those saying that Zac has little say and that it's all management...this Goodberry tweet seems to indicate that management had Pollack on the staff...then Taylor was hired and wanted Turner.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well, that was a bad decision, but to be fair, Pollock had Boling, didn't have 4th string in at LT to name a couple of current disadvantages.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The shine's definitely off the Zac Taylor apple.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, that was a bad decision, but to be fair, Pollock had Boling, didn't have 4th string in at LT to name a couple of current disadvantages.

No doubt...but I remember in the offseason people talking about how Boling declined and how Glenn was replaceable at Tackle. How Hart is young and the staff sees skills in him that they can develop.

There were even threads about how Andre Smith would be an upgrade at LT.

Price also hasn't developed.

It's kind of a perfect story of injuries and bad coaching and not developing guys.
Reply/Quote
No way you can judge Turner to be worse than Pollack based on what they had to work with.

In fact Hopkins seems to have improves under Turner.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No doubt...but I remember in the offseason people talking about how Boling declined and how Glenn was replaceable at Tackle. How Hart is young and the staff sees skills in him that they can develop.

There were even threads about how Andre Smith would be an upgrade at LT.

Price also hasn't developed.

It's kind of a perfect story of injuries and bad coaching and not developing guys.

I don't recall there being threads about Andre Smith being an upgrade at LT but I do remember the discussion on him being an upgrade at RT.
And I still think that would be true. Smith would be better than Hart.
I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Hart has very little chance to develop into a good OT in the NFL. He probably needs to move to OG if he has any hope, which is what he was projected to be when entering the draft.

This staff came in unprepared at the end of the day. 
Now, a lot of that was due to not being able to start hiring the staff until Feb, but still. 
Anyone with eyes would be able to tell that the LBs and OL were the weakest parts of the team and there was very little effort to upgrade those spots with proven players.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 02:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't recall there being threads about Andre Smith being an upgrade at LT but I do remember the discussion on him being an upgrade at RT.
And I still think that would be true. Smith would be better than Hart.
I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Hart has very little chance to develop into a good OT in the NFL. He probably needs to move to OG if he has any hope, which is what he was projected to be when entering the draft.

This staff came in unprepared at the end of the day. 
Now, a lot of that was due to not being able to start hiring the staff until Feb, but still. 
Anyone with eyes would be able to tell that the LBs and OL were the weakest parts of the team and there was very little effort to upgrade those spots with proven players.

Well...they brought back Hart AND Preston Brown. Taylor evaluated last years roster and presumably signed off on those moves.
Reply/Quote
I think Pass-Pro under Turner has improved significantly but damn, no push at LOS is killing the rushing and Mixon will be lucky to get 700 yards rushing this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
The person who makes draft and free agent decisions ( including decision to re-sign Hart) is more responsible for this disaster  than the coaches.

The personnel decisions by this organization since we drafted the two horrible tackles and let Whit and Z leave have been worse than awful.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 04:19 PM)bengals67 Wrote: The person who makes draft and free agent decisions ( including decision to re-sign Hart) is more responsible for this disaster  than the coaches.

The personnel decisions by this organization since we drafted the two horrible tackles and let Whit and Z leave have been worse than awful.

The funny thing is...the coaches are the scouts...so they likely had a hand in Hart and Preston Brown!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: For those saying that Zac has little say and that it's all management...this Goodberry tweet seems to indicate that management had Pollack on the staff...then Taylor was hired and wanted Turner.

I think this of all the coaching decisions was the one which did not sit right with me at the time...and certainly does not now.

I thought Pollack did a good job and improved the OL play. We had a great yards per carry last year, on top of the AFC leading rusher....

..plus I struggle a bit with the perception in this thread that the pass pro is massively improved under Turner.  We have given up 24 sacks which is #27 in league.

Under Pollack the OL gave up 37 sacks which was #12 in the league.

Plus when you read the Miami stuff , Turner is a piece of sh@t...if we are going to lose lets at least do it with some class
Reply/Quote
Funny how people are now saying it was Zac that wanted Turner and thats why Pollock left.
Pollock left on the 16th of Jan and Zac wasn't hired until the 4th Feb and Turner the 7th, are we suppose to believe that we told Pollock that Zac Taylor was going to be our new head coach and he wanted Jim Turner as OL coach nearly 3 weeks before he was hired even although the rules specifically state we CANNOT offer the role to Zac until he was out of the SB?
I think this story is crap and read that Pollock didn't want to stay in the city any longer.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 05:51 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Funny how people are now saying it was Zac that wanted Turner and thats why Pollock left.
Pollock left on the 16th of Jan and Zac wasn't hired until the 4th Feb and Turner the 7th, are we suppose to believe that we told Pollock that Zac Taylor was going to be our new head coach and he wanted Jim Turner as OL coach nearly 3 weeks before he was hired even although the rules specifically state we CANNOT offer the role to Zac until he was out of the SB?
I think this story is crap and read that Pollock didn't want to stay in the city any longer.

Yep.

Many of these Goodberry tweets are starting to sound like the shit the haters around here post and claim to be true.
Reply/Quote
For those who always seem to claim that "coaching means little" in terms of how the players perform?

The Patriots are making due with Marshall freakin' Newhouse at Tackle, and pretty much destroying the league, again..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For those who always seem to claim that "coaching means little" in terms of how the players perform?

The Patriots are making due with Marshall freakin' Newhouse at Tackle, and pretty much destroying the league, again..

Ced is playing atleast serviceable in Jax too.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 05:51 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Funny how people are now saying it was Zac that wanted Turner and thats why Pollock left.

You are right:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/15/18184263/bengals-rumors-coach-frank-pollack-out

I like Joe Goodberry, it is a shame that he is damaging his credibility.  
Reply/Quote
Lazor & Pollack ended 2018 season with the AFC's leading rusher with 1682 team total yards.

Taylor & Turner are on pace to have 849.6 total. Thats about a 50% dropoff so far.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ced is playing atleast serviceable in Jax too.

The Jags o-line coach does not use the ketchup bottle method to improve blocking technique...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

Beat me to it....
Reply/Quote