Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pollack has to go.
We’ve spent millions on former super bowl champions, countless draft picks and we are somehow worse than last year.

Former NFL players on social media have mocked his coaching methods.

Burrow looks like a rabbit in the headlights some sacks are on him but the kid is obviously starting to become shit scared.

How many times do you repeat the same thing over and over before it becomes insanity?

His stupid quotes about wanting glass eaters, no Frank we just want somebody to be coached not to end up on their arse after every play.

You can’t blame the office or Taylor for this we’ve somehow managed to go backwards fittingly like our o-line and he has to take the wrap for it.

If this continues Burrow is going to get seriously hurt again this year.
Reply/Quote
The offensive line has been a mess for years. When was it last a strong point?

Over a few years, we've spent a number of high picks on it, and have spent a ton of FA money on it. It was virtually why we didn't win the Super Bowl last year, and despite all this has been an absolute mess so far this year.

Can't defend the coaching might longer I wouldn't have thought.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:15 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: The offensive line has been a mess for years. When was it last a strong point?

Over a few years, we've spent a number of high picks on it, and have spent a ton of FA money on it. It was virtually why we didn't win the Super Bowl last year, and despite all this has been an absolute mess so far this year.

Can't defend the coaching might longer I wouldn't have thought.

The last time it was good was 2015....then our QB broke his thumb. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: The last time it was good was 2015....then our QB broke his thumb. Mellow

We don't even need to guess against which team that happened either  Whatever

That 2009 offensive line really spoiled me I think.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:18 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: We don't even need to guess against which team that happened either  Whatever

That 2009 offensive line really spoiled me I think.

We never have really recovered from letting Whit and Zeitler walk
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have tried new coaches and new players yet the offensive line isn’t better. Even as AFC Champion the Bengals had a bad line and this year with better players it’s even worse which is something I didn’t think possible.

Maybe Dante Scarnecchia would come out of retirement?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:11 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: We’ve spent millions on former super bowl champions, countless draft picks and we are somehow worse than last year.

Former NFL players on social media have mocked his coaching methods.

Burrow looks like a rabbit in the headlights some sacks are on him but the kid is obviously starting to become shit scared.

How many times do you repeat the same thing over and over before it becomes insanity?

His stupid quotes about wanting glass eaters, no Frank we just want somebody to be coached not to end up on their arse after every play.

You can’t blame the office or Taylor for this we’ve somehow managed to go backwards fittingly like our o-line and he has to take the wrap for it.

If this continues Burrow is going to get seriously hurt again this year.

You can absolutely blame Taylor. Most good OC’s could do more with this offense even with the subpar OL play.

As to getting rid of Pollack, I’m to the point I wouldn’t really care if they did move on from him. He’s not getting results. I don’t know that another coach is going to magically fix things though.

At some point the FO also has to be held accountable for whiffing on so many OL picks.

Reply/Quote
To think switching Offense line coaching is going to change things when you play caller is the same guy is a lil insane to me. We can not score on the first drive on any game the last few years. And the first half of games is not much better we are clueless when it comes to making an offensive game plan.

To have Hue Jackson or Jay Gruden would be a huge upgrade at play caller right now.
Reply/Quote
We blew it when Callahan left Washington and Cleveland picked him up. Hes a great OL coach but Zac stuck with that turd Turner as the OL coach. Wish we snagged him when we had the chance.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:25 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: We never have really recovered from letting Whit and Zeitler walk

team started to fall apart again after 2015 when the drafts were no longer hitting
Reply/Quote
He's also the run game coordinator. Joe Mixon is leading the league in carries right now and has 3.0 YPC.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I'd take Paul Alexander back at this point.
Reply/Quote
Bengals sans is as knowledgeable as it gets when it comes to X’s and O’s (particularly OL) so this is somewhat encouraging.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 07:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bengals sans is as knowledgeable as it gets  when it comes to X’s and O’s (particularly OL) so this is somewhat encouraging.

I dont think Pollack fixed him  as that would be the first player ever.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:49 AM)GodFather Wrote: We blew it when Callahan left Washington and Cleveland picked him up. Hes a great OL coach but Zac stuck with that turd Turner as the OL coach. Wish we snagged him when we had the chance.

Yeah, cuz that was Zac's decision..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 08:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I dont think Pollack fixed him  as that would be the first player ever.

Seriously? So who fixed him?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 08:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I dont think Pollack fixed him  as that would be the first player ever.

Well that’s a pretty silly assertion. The guy played on a Super Bowl winning OL, and learned to coach under one of the best of all time; I’m sure he picked up a thing or two over the years that has helped his players correct certain things on the technical side.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 08:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Seriously? So who fixed him?

Why hasnt pollack fixed anything else if he "fixed" volston whos only had 1 bad half so far.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 08:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well that’s a pretty silly assertion. The guy played on a Super Bowl winning OL, and learned to coach under one of the best of all time; I’m sure he picked up a thing or two over the years that has helped his players correct certain things on the technical side.

Maybe but we havent seen it...  Playing and coaching arent the same thing as we know.

Im sure Pollack knows a lot  but being able to teach it  not so sure its translating.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 08:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Why hasnt pollack fixed anything else if he "fixed" volston whos only had 1 bad half so far.

Don't change the subject, if Pollack wasn't the person who coached up small school Voltson, who was that person....... 
Reply/Quote