Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2018 record predictions
Obviously we still have the draft to go and things so this can change after the draft and stuff but here are my early predictions. What’s yours?

1 - @Colts - Bengals win this with ease. 31-13
2 - Ravens (TNF) - Bengals overcome primetime struggles and win a narrow game. 20-17
3 - @Panthers - Bengals lose a close one 31-28
4 - @Falcons - Bengals lose another close one 27-23
5 - Dolphins - After two back to back close losses Bengals come home and stomp the hopeless Dolphins 42-10
6 - Steelers - Bengals win a close hard fought typical AFC north rivalry game. 23-20
7 - @Chiefs - Bengals lose another close one 23-20
8 - Buccaneers - Bengals win another hard fought close game 21-17
9 - Bye
10 - Saints - Bengals win this by 10, Saints in the past have been a different team on the road. 24-14
11 - @Ravens - Bengals lose this one and split the series 24-17
12 - Browns - The improved Browns put up a fight but the Bengals edge them out at home. 27-20
13 - Broncos - Bengals win this one 28-24
14 - @Chargers - Bengals lose another close one 24-20
15 - Raiders - Bengals give Guethner a homecoming to remember. 31-20
16 - @Browns - Bengals edge the Browns out in another close one. 21-16
17 - @Steelers Bengals lose this one barely - 21-20

Final record for the 2018 season for the time being 10-6
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I am going to wait till after the Draft to make a real prediction.

Need a decent Center before i say we will win more than 7 games.

Still have a giant glaring hole there even if it looks better than last year already LMAO!
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 05:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am going to wait till after the Draft to make a real prediction.

Need a decent Center before i say we will win more than 7 games.

Still have a giant glaring hole there even if it looks better than last year already LMAO!

the draft..  The cuts the random cut veteran signing...

Those things will help but most is in place.

I think 10-6 is a realistic year.  if the offense gets back on track ill call that the Low bar.
Reply/Quote
Way to early but just for the hell of it I'll say 10-6
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 06:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the draft..  The cuts the random cut veteran signing...

Those things will help but most is in place.

I think 10-6 is a realistic year.  if the offense gets back on track ill call that the Low bar.

I agree, we won 7 games last year with Og and Bodine starting and Fisher having A-Fib with PA as the O-line coach.

Just saying i want to see our Draft and then i will make a prediction. I definately see more than 7 wins this year.

The only question is how long it will take for the O-line and new coaches to gel really.
Reply/Quote
The draft is crucial for me. If we get what we need, I'd say 10 - 6 is a real possibility.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
To be honest 8-8
We go 3-3 in the division. Some things never change. We get screwed by refs/steelers, split with ravens, take two from the Browns.

1 - @Colts - WIN
2 - Ravens (TNF) - LOSS
3 - @Panthers - LOSS
4 - @Falcons - LOSS
5 - Dolphins -WIN
6 - Steelers - LOSS
7 - @Chiefs - WIN
8 - Buccaneers - WIN
9 - Bye
10 - Saints - LOSS
11 - @Ravens - WIN
12 - Browns - WIN
13 - Broncos - WIN
14 - @Chargers - LOSS
15 - Raiders - LOSS
16 - @Browns - WIN
17 - @Steelers LOSS
Reply/Quote
Being so early I'll have to give a range and conditions. We also have one of the weaker schedules.

If we draft a good Center, if sign or draft someone who can start at RT or be a good backup at OT, if Ross becomes a football player, if we don't draft a Lamar Jackson in the 1st round, if Eifert stays healthy, if Dalton has a good Andy season, if whoever we draft at LB turns out to surprise and takes the starting SAM spot, THEN I say we could have 11 or 12 wins.

If we draft Lamar Jackson in the 1st round and we don't bother drafting one of the good Centers but do the Mikey Brown special and grab one in the 4th, if Andy has a bad Andy day early in the season causing a split in the locker room about who should start at QB, if Eifert does his usual, if Dre Kirkpatrick costs two wins by late game PI calls, if we whiff at LB in the draft once again, if LaFell continues to beat out the panzi WRs we've been drafting lately, if we don't bring in another capable OT and Glenn missing time leaving Ogbuehi to do his girl impression on the line once again, THEN I say we have a hard time winning 4 games this season.

So, I predict we win between 4 and 12 games in 2018. I'm pretty certain about that range though.

Reply/Quote
If Dalton, Green, Ross, and Mixon have a good year, we could win 10. However, I am predicting 6-10 again this year like I did last year.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote