Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Schedule!
(04-20-2018, 08:35 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Yes. 3 of 4 on the road to start the season is tough.

Good for Geno, that the Denver game is at home.

Good point on Geno and his sickle cell, didn't think of it the first time i looked at the sched.

(04-20-2018, 10:41 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Nate, I agree with your logic. But my friend, the thought of Reich spending 9 months scheming for his first game as HC, has me concerned. 

He's got Andy Reid's west coast playbook, Chip Kelly's spread offense and I'm sure he kept his K-Gun playbook. We have no idea what they'll run.    

If Luck is healthy and they pick Barkley......

This first game worries me.

Another great point about Reich who was one of the new HC candidates i was wanting here. A good thing is that
Lazor will be implementing a similar West Coast/Chip Kelly Offense here so the Defense will be seeing something
similar in TC and practice before hand.

Just think with Luck being out so long the dude will be a bit rusty, or atleast i hope so.

I think we should have the advantage early with Dalton and him being more familiar with his coaches and not
coming off of a bad injury like Luck will be.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 02:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good point on Geno and his sickle cell, didn't think of it the first time i looked at the sched.

Another great point about Reich who was one of the new HC candidates i was wanting here. A good thing is that
Lazor will be implementing a similar West Coast/Chip Kelly Offense here so the Defense will be seeing something
similar in TC and practice before hand.

Just think with Luck being out so long the dude will be a bit rusty, or atleast i hope so.

I think we should have the advantage early with Dalton and him being more familiar with his coaches and not
coming off of a bad injury like Luck will be.
Luck's rust and Andy's familiarity with Lazor are valid points, Nate.

Given that offenses are behind defenses early in the season in terms of rhythm and timing, I am hopeful that the Reich effect will be neutralized by our D. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 09:25 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Only two games that aren’t 1:00 starts. A few years ago I woulda been disappointed, but the older I get the more I look forward to the good ol’ 1 pm start times. Prime time games just mess with my schedule and then I’m bored on Sunday afternoon...I’m really liking this schedule

Agreed.  Gimme eights Sunday games at 1:00.  Night games are the worst, especially Monday night games, so I'm glad we avoided those.  Just one Thursday night to contend with.  Probably just take the next day off.  I'm gettin' too old for this shit.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Well this schedule changes everything, I see us going 13-3 and our first Super Bowl win. We embarrass the Pats so much in the playoffs that Brady and Belichick retire after this season and the Steelers fire their head coach when they see the Bengals carry Merv off the field celebrating his first SB as a head coach.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 06:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: Well this schedule changes everything, I see us going 13-3 and our first Super Bowl win. We embarrass the Pats so much in the playoffs that Brady and Belichick retire after this season and the Steelers fire their head coach when they see the Bengals carry Merv off the field celebrating his first SB as a head coach.

Hilarious   you got me, you got me Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 12:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!  I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!

Going into Pittsburgh in week 17, Bell will be either hurt or wishing he was and Mixon gashes their defense in the cold to get us the W and send us into the playoffs on a high note.

11-5.

My ideal scenario is for Shitzberg needing to win the last game to get in the playoffs and we knock em off ala Andy to Boyde 89 yards with 1 second left on the clock . That's cutting it close ,but if they pull it off I'd be a happy person..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 06:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: Well this schedule changes everything, I see us going 13-3 and our first Super Bowl win. We embarrass the Pats so much in the playoffs that Brady and Belichick retire after this season and the Steelers fire their head coach when they see the Bengals carry Merv off the field celebrating his first SB as a head coach.
Start saving your pennies to pitch in for that 70 foot golden statue of Mikey and Marvin on Fountain Square. Ok, it'll only be gold plated on pot metal..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 08:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: Start saving your pennies to pitch in for that 70 foot golden statue of Mikey and Marvin on Fountain Square. Ok, it'll only be gold plated on pot metal..

Ive already got 9 cents saved..

[Image: ff_2168150_xl.jpg&w=500]
Reply/Quote
I see a lot of people getting fat off that kool-ade. 

Mikey is in full Mr. Burns mode as we speak.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 09:13 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Looks like 6 wins at the most. 2 of them against Cleveland.

First, I like your cat.
Second, I would not assume the Bengals beat Browns twice next year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 10:41 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Nate, I agree with your logic. But my friend, the thought of Reich spending 9 months scheming for his first game as HC, has me concerned. 

He's got Andy Reid's west coast playbook, Chip Kelly's spread offense and I'm sure he kept his K-Gun playbook. We have no idea what they'll run.    

If Luck is healthy and they pick Barkley......

This first game worries me.

Well i would say the same thing for us.. they have no idea what we will run.. Lazor is gutting the old system plus different blocking schemes are coming... I would say first game favors Bengals though away with Luck either being out or first time in a while under center in a real game situation. 
Reply/Quote
We finish with more wins then the Reds Ninja
Reply/Quote