Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pollack is Intense
(04-19-2018, 01:22 AM)Joelist Wrote: Right now we have our LT and LG (Cordy Glenn and Clint Boling). We still need the other three positions, and for two of them (C and RT) we don't even have a reasonable prospective starter. So we have to get our starters at RT and C in this draft. That's why I liked the notion of McGlinchey - Ragnow.

I've seen us mocked to get McGlinchey and Daniels....that wouldn't be too hateful.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 12:59 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That's how I feel whenever someone brings up how magical our 09 run game was. We ran an offense that was meant to pound the ball and we got just a tick above 4 YPC and less than 10 rushing TDs. 

Yep....pretty much, and as a result, the passing game was turrible.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 02:00 PM)Okeana Wrote: that Dallas offensive line is probably like WTF is this bullshit.  this limp wristed sally is a total fruitcake

Who knows though, they might be thinking, "Ah this is the life"..... LMAO
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 09:27 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I've seen us mocked to get McGlinchey and Daniels....that wouldn't be too hateful.....

That would be so sexy.

McGlinchey and ragnow wouldn’t be bad either to be fair.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 08:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That would be so sexy.  

McGlinchey and ragnow wouldn’t be bad either to be fair.

Either way works for me!

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2018, 01:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Thanks to the FP article that Sled posted, this is a major note, as we all (Ryan/Royle, mainly) knew:

In terms of our oline, have we died and gone to heaven? Mellow

We needed a different vibe with our O-line probably worse than any other position coach.

Couldn't of found a better one than Frank Pollack, now lets add the other Frank to our Center position and this
year could really be special. I know it will take a bit for the new Coach and his new players to gel but once all
this happens i could see a great year in store and maybe even a Playoff run if we can run the ball.

I know we still have Merv but this might just take away some of his weaknesses in coaching, i know, beating a
dead horse here. Thought Pollack was intense when i first saw his pic on bengals.com.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 12:59 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That's how I feel whenever someone brings up how magical our 09 run game was. We ran an offense that was meant to pound the ball and we got just a tick above 4 YPC and less than 10 rushing TDs. 

Not to mention that they had to run an unbalanced line, telegraph to the world what they were going to do, and run a sledgehammer (Benson) into the ground, in order to chew some clock.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 02:00 PM)Okeana Wrote: that Dallas offensive line is probably like WTF is this bullshit.  this limp wristed sally is a total fruitcake

Liberace was a pretty good piano player too.. Someone has to entertain the latte and wine and cheese sipping crowd in the off season in Dallas..  It's painfully obvious that Pollack wasn't entertaining enough to the stuffed shirts and evening gowns on Greenville Avenue*
Nothing says aggressive offensive line play like boring lounge act piano music.
https://youtu.be/_sI_Ps7JSEk
*where all the overpriced bars are in Dallas..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 12:20 PM)grampahol Wrote: Liberace was a pretty good piano player too.. Someone has to entertain the latte and wine and cheese sipping crowd in the off season in Dallas..  It's painfully obvious that Pollack wasn't entertaining enough to the stuffed shirts and evening gowns on Greenville Avenue*

*where all the overpriced bars are in Dallas..

That's comedy gold, right there.  I've found plenty of Dallas fans to be a cheesy bunch of whiners..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 02:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Couldn't of found a better one than Frank Pollack, now lets add the other Frank to our Center position and this
year could really be special. I know it will take a bit for the new Coach and his new players to gel but once all
this happens i could see a great year in store and maybe even a Playoff run if we can run the ball.

With the mass changes we've made, the circumstances may lead this staff to face preseason from a different angle. New playbook. New defensive strategy, etc. Instead of using the preseason to test a lot of players abilities, you have to hit that harder in the practices and use the preseason to gel your troops. That way game 1 you are ready to bust some heads and get some W's.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 12:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: With the mass changes we've made, the circumstances may lead this staff to face preseason from a different angle. New playbook. New defensive strategy, etc. Instead of using the preseason to test a lot of players abilities, you have to hit that harder in the practices and use the preseason to gel your troops. That way game 1 you are ready to bust some heads and get some W's.

As long as the terminology doesn't get overly complicated, should be a seamless transition.  I seem to remember reading something about Zampese's offense was tough for the players, due to him making everything overly complicated.

Let's hope Lazor keeps it simple to understand, and they can focus on execution.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
God i miss the days when our OL coach motivated men to go inflict violence and ill will on others by telling piano stories and listening to piano hype music.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 12:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: God i miss the days when our OL coach motivated men to go inflict violence and ill will on others by telling piano stories and listening to piano hype music.

Alright men, get out there and Moonlight Sonata them into submission.   Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 12:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: With the mass changes we've made, the circumstances may lead this staff to face preseason from a different angle. New playbook. New defensive strategy, etc. Instead of using the preseason to test a lot of players abilities, you have to hit that harder in the practices and use the preseason to gel your troops. That way game 1 you are ready to bust some heads and get some W's.

We might play our starters a little more against the Bills in that 3rd preseason game that is for sure.

(04-21-2018, 12:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As long as the terminology doesn't get overly complicated, should be a seamless transition.  I seem to remember reading something about Zampese's offense was tough for the players, due to him making everything overly complicated.

Let's hope Lazor keeps it simple to understand, and they can focus on execution.

From what Lazor has been saying the guys look excited about the change so far, sure hope you are correct
Sunset and it is a seamless transition. Keep it simple stupid is usually the best way to go. Over complicating
things seems to always lead to disaster.

(04-21-2018, 12:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: God i miss the days when our OL coach motivated men to go inflict violence and ill will on others by telling piano stories and listening to piano hype music.

(04-21-2018, 12:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Alright men, get out there and Moonlight Sonata them into submission.   Ninja

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 12:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As long as the terminology doesn't get overly complicated, should be a seamless transition.  I seem to remember reading something about Zampese's offense was tough for the players, due to him making everything overly complicated.

What was it Lazor said in an interview "We need to make the complicated things really easy for the Offense to understand and the easy stuff seem really complicated for the opposition"

I'm hoping for as big season from the team, god we really need it
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 04:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Also.....in 2009.....we ran a lot of unbalanced sets just to get what we did on the ground....and a FB.  That's REALLY shitty when you consider that.

(04-21-2018, 10:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to mention that they had to run an unbalanced line, telegraph to the world what they were going to do, and run a sledgehammer (Benson) into the ground, in order to chew some clock.

^^^^^^ *ahem*......... LMAO Tongue Cheers 

Reply/Quote