Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pollack is Intense
Thanks to the FP article that Sled posted, this is a major note, as we all (Ryan/Royle, mainly) knew:

Quote:“Frank has a different mentality. He’s intense. He keeps you awake,” Redmond said.

Westerman: “He’s a tough guy. He emphasized toughness. He talked about things like that, that all offensive linemen enjoy and he was a player. That was a good vibe.”

It’s early so while everyone anticipates those changes up front, it’s just speculation. Given Pollack’s aggressive approach, the thinking is the sets won’t be as deep and there is going to be more use of hands and not as much catching.

In terms of our oline, have we died and gone to heaven? Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Have needed this for many years now.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
wait wait...

A Coach is Coaching things? MADNESS!!!
Reply/Quote
Did he just say they slept through Alexander's meetings?????
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2018, 02:04 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Have needed this for many years now.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5734766]

So beautiful!

I feel like this is the entire mentality of the team now, and hopefully even Marvin's buying in, because energy, enthusiasm, and just will to get the job done, especially on the offensive line, is what makes average players good.

This team is gaining a winning mindset and I'm absolutely loving it because our players have the talent, but now they'll have the passion, too.

It's a great time to be a Bengals fan!  Maybe the best time in recent memory!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2018, 02:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did he just say they slept through Alexander's meetings?????

alexander probly slept thru those meetings
Reply/Quote
This all but confirms that the previous blocking scheme was rather passive.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Maybe Pollack can do miracles with Og.

If he turns around the o line, it could transform our chances.

Hard to see how we won 7 games last year with our pathetic play at center and tackle.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2018, 02:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This all but confirms that the previous blocking scheme was rather passive.

Simply seeing it for the past 25+ years all but confirmed that.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2018, 02:34 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Maybe Pollack can do miracles with Og.

If he turns around the o line, it could transform our chances.

Hard to see how we won 7 games last year with our pathetic play at center and tackle.

Just goes to show how good our QB was. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2018, 02:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Simply seeing it for the past 25+ years all but confirmed that.

That's true, but it's nice to hear one of the players essentially say it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2018, 02:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Simply seeing it for the past 25+ years all but confirmed that.

I was going to ask the very same question.... don't mean to rain on a parade, but why did it take them this long to get rid of a guy who's probably lost his edge? Do they need to see the tire go flat before buying a new one? Didn't the lack of tread give you any indicator that your tire was going to go flat soon?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2018, 02:57 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I was going to ask the very same question.... don't mean to rain on a parade, but why did it take them this long to get rid of a guy who's probably lost his edge? Do they need to see the tire go flat before buying a new one? Didn't the lack of tread give you any indicator that your tire was going to go flat soon?

Do you know nothing of Mike Brown?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2018, 02:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Do you know nothing of Mike Brown?

Yea, I was being coy  Mellow
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2018, 02:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Do you know nothing of Mike Brown?

Literally (and I mean "literally. Not spoiled, Starbucks-drinking white girl literally) exactly what I was going to say  :lmao:

I think it's very obvious that Mike and PA were great friends off the field and had a great working relationship. The Bengals are the definition of a family business. Once you're welcomed into the Brown family as one of their own, you have a job for as long as you want it.

I think it's likely Marvin finally wrangled complete control from ol' Mikey Boy and let PA walk, but it's also possible that PA was tired of all the hate he got in Cincinnati. I can't imagine he got much love anywhere he went in public. Maybe he decided to walk by his own choice. Who knows? All I know is his departure was long overdue.
Reply/Quote
Piano Man's ticket out was punched when the big fight occurred this last season and Lazor won, getting the blocking scheme changed.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2018, 02:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This all but confirms that the previous blocking scheme was rather passive.

(04-17-2018, 02:57 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I was going to ask the very same question.... don't mean to rain on a parade, but why did it take them this long to get rid of a guy who's probably lost his edge? Do they need to see the tire go flat before buying a new one? Didn't the lack of tread give you any indicator that your tire was going to go flat soon?

Sometimes the lack of common sense and the ability to notice when somethings not right, you've got a pretty big issue. Since we are referring to our line as tires, how do you not see this is a problem? This is literally what they looked like?

[Image: bad-websites-make-you-work-harder-not-smarter-loop.gif]

Reply/Quote

Well as to that... the OL played pretty well in 2015  which isn't a very very long time ago..  but it did take them a long time to recover from 2006   (basically till 2009) where we had a pretty good run game.
Reply/Quote
I can only hope that it doesn't take us 6 weeks before everyone is on the same page! I'm trying to be optimistic, but a part of me says, "It's the most wonderful time of the year" and to reign it in...
Reply/Quote

(04-17-2018, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's true, but it's nice to hear one of the players essentially say it.

I thought that was pretty much confirmed a month or so ago when they spoke of Alexander not using sleds and contact in favor of arm pads. I mean, how could it be aggressive with such passive practicing?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote